2008 Group Build : Log your subject

Forum for post, WIPs, and completed models for the 2008 Group Build.

Ghostwolf
F2
F2

Post by Ghostwolf »

Dustin and Ross, I think there is time to join the build up until the last race of the F1 season, others correct me if I am wrong, I have been wrong before, but was wrong about that to ;)
Paul
He who dies with the most toys, wins!

emsquared
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by emsquared »

Hello all,
As requested, here are the rules. The umbrella rule, if you will, is have fun. This build is simply to showcase our progress and builds, and to offer motivation by building along a general theme. Also, it gives us a chance to dust-off some long forgotten kit so that we can say to our significant others: 'see, I don't just collect boxes, I actually build the kits too..." :wink:
It is certainly not meant to be competitive or restrictive in any way-don't we all get enough of that in real life?

i) Build started on Feb 1 and will go up until the end of the F1 season (I don't have the exact date).
ii)Any scale is permitted
iii)Subjects are not exclusive to 'first come, first served'. So, if subjects have already been chosen, even multiple times, and someone still wants to build it: go right ahead
iv)Anyone can join at any point during the build timeline. There is no entry deadline. Also, modellers can announce changes or new/ additional projects at any time.
v)The colours green and/or yellow should appear as part of the general body colours, independant of spnsorship logos. Ie-sponsor markings (eg: Shell, Agip) are not defined as body colours for the purpose of this group build exercise.
vi)Where colours are a 'stretch' of what is generally defined as 'green' and/or 'yellow', they are permitted as again, the scope of this build is to have fun and not stay within a strict interpretation of rules. So, torquoise on Leyton House and SASOL Jordans and gold for Warsteiner are OK. However, if there is a consensus that this should not be permitted, this can be overruled. But again, let's keep in mind that this is all supposed to be light-hearted.
vii)'Fantasy' builds are not really within the guidelines of this build as the title referred to actual subjects. In the spirit of the build, however, if someone insists on wanting to do a fantasy subject, then go right ahead. Not my cup of tea, but 'live and let live', right?

Anything else I may have missed?

Michael

Paul_Raterink
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Paul_Raterink »

Well put Michael.

I second the motion for all of us to have fun.

Paul

JohnnyFerrari
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by JohnnyFerrari »

I will be building the Tameo Jordan 197 Monaco Gp 1997..

DerXL
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Axel
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet, Kamui Kobayashi
Netherlands

Post by DerXL »

Hi all.

I'll be joining the GB too. A nice incentive to get another kit finished.
I'll be entering with a 1/24 Hasegawa B190B, driven by Nelson Piquet.

TheHoodedClaw
World Champion
World Champion

Post by TheHoodedClaw »

I suggest we all start a WIP thread in Eric's shiny new Group Build area

H
What lurks beneath the Jungle canopy? Only the Claw knows!

fangio
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: David
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
New Zealand

Post by fangio »

Put me down with a Studio 27 Benetton B194...... That'll be my green car

Does a Renault R26 have enough Yellow in it to count as a Yellow car ?

Having a target to aim for might help me build a bit more quickly.....

David

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Fangio I would say the R26 definitey counts - I was thinking of pulling one of those out myself. Go for it!

emsquared
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by emsquared »

[quote="fangio"]
Does a Renault R26 have enough Yellow in it to count as a Yellow car ?

Yeah, absolutely! There's no minimum amount of colour. The R26 had yellow as one of the body colours, so please go right ahead.
Cheers,
Michael

M.Chriss
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Michael
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by M.Chriss »

I am currently working on the Revell F2002, but I have a B192 that is about halfway finished. We have until the end of the season, correct? I sould be able to pull that off.

One of my issues with model compleation is my lifestyle. I have been single for about 15 years. While the are times when this is conducive to alot of modeling time, every so often I meet a special lady and is conflicts with my modeling focus. I met such a person a couple of weeks ago and I have done little modeling since. I guess that one needs to have priorities in life, and make time for the important things. I hope she understands.