Ferrari F2002 Revell 1/12

Finished models...

Topic author
Spiry
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: Ferrari F2002 Revell 1/12

Post by Spiry »

I don't remember the name of the manufacturer of the rims I got on eBay, however they are made of resin and fit perfectly with the original tyres, there was also an internal upgrade available which however I didn't take since I made it curbside...

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Nice job!

The resin wheels may have come from Brian Fawcett who did the internal correction kit as well.
Years ago there were also resin wheels/rims available from a company named Antares.

Topic author
Spiry
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by Spiry »

Yes, i confirm !

joseapetit
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: José
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and Nelson Piquet
Brazil

Post by joseapetit »

Spiry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am I don't remember the name of the manufacturer of the rims I got on eBay, however they are made of resin and fit perfectly with the original tyres, there was also an internal upgrade available which however I didn't take since I made it curbside...
jaykay wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am Nice job!

The resin wheels may have come from Brian Fawcett who did the internal correction kit as well.
Years ago there were also resin wheels/rims available from a company named Antares.
Thank you, guys!
José Angelo

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Very good looking :) . Pity the Kit is long sold out.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

joseapetit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am
Spiry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am I don't remember the name of the manufacturer of the rims I got on eBay, however they are made of resin and fit perfectly with the original tyres, there was also an internal upgrade available which however I didn't take since I made it curbside...
jaykay wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am Nice job!

Thank you, guys!
I have the resin rims too, they were kindly gifted by our kind fellow member edgarmiro :D 8) and yes, some internal stuff comes with them. I can look if you want pics

joseapetit
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: José
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and Nelson Piquet
Brazil

Post by joseapetit »

JamesB wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am I have the resin rims too, they were kindly gifted by our kind fellow member edgarmiro :D 8) and yes, some internal stuff comes with them. I can look if you want pics
I don't even know when I'll start this project, but I pretend to built a curbside. But these rims that come with this model look so wrong. It's the exact opposite with the F2001, the 11 spokes rims looks fine. :D
José Angelo

Senna4Ever
F3
F3
Your Name: Mike
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Canada

Post by Senna4Ever »

I never thought of Revell as an F1 kit maker. Always thought they were punching above their weight, so to speak. From reading your, and other peoples comments about the kit, it seems my thoughts were confirmed. However, the end result of all your work speaks for itself. Great job on a not so great kit!
"..he beat me, yes, and in France… but it didn't worry me. I knew I'd been beaten by the best driver in the world." -Rene Arnoux on Gilles Villeneuve

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

Looks Great! May I ask what your choice of paint was? Love the red. Also, what strength of alcohol did you use for paint stripping? I worry about damaging the plastic beneath...
Have this in the stash with the Scale Motorsports detail set, and Fawcett's resin bits.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Ethanol (96% though slightly lower available at other countries sghould work) is your friend. Totally harmless to polystyrene :D
Yes I wanna know the paint too.
I am also thankful to Revell. Better “not so good “ model than none at all :wink:
Ah and yes: 10 spokes till F2001 included and 7 from F2002 onwards.