Finished models...

Topic author
smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Lotus 25, Lotus 72D, Zakspeed 189

Post by smirkoff »

Hi guys, I hope everyone is OK!

Lately I've been trying to finish projects that were on hold for a long time and just needed a few details to finish. In these last six months, I managed to finish these three.

I apologize for not having better photos. I need to review this part of the documentation of my models, and especially dedicate myself to having a better photographic equipment.

Firstly, I'll talk about the last one I finished, the Lotus 25 from Tamiya, in a version of the 1963 Italian GP. It's a project that started more than twenty years ago, when I bought the kit, and that was stopped for a long time until I decided on what version I wanted to assemble.

I made several changes to the kit, such as the rollup bar (remake in metal), the seat, 3D printed gear linkage, cables and wires, intakes' mesh, and a new vacuum formed windshield from a 3D printed mold. The tyres are from Indycals. The kit is placed above a lovely drawing by my friend Fabio Corazza (fabiocorazza.com).

In the future, before I start the Ebbro's 33, I want to make a little revision in this one, mainly to make the cowling fit a bit better in the left side. But for now, let's go on to empty a few more boxes.
Attachments
25_1.jpg
25_2.jpg
25_3.jpg
25_5.jpg
25_6.jpg
25_7.jpg
25_8.jpg

Topic author
smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Re: Lotus 25, Lotus 72D, Zakspeed 189

Post by smirkoff »

A few months ago I finished this Lotus 72D, a version of the 1972 Italian GP (curiously, another race and championship winner at the same track!). It was opportune to finish it this year, which marks the 50th anniversary of Emerson Fittipaldi's first championship.

It's a mix of parts from Ebbro's kits, the 72C and 72E, with a few more parts that I produced. The tires, rear wheels, mirror fairings and nose bracket are 3D prints. The decals are partly from a sheet from Tabu Design, others from AMD, and in the case of the rear endplates and tires they were designed by me and printed by my friend Alessandro.

I used my 3D printed fittings, with guitar strings to simulate the braided cables. I also used the dzus fasteners from an old PE fret from AMD, designed by my late friend Carlos Andreotti.
Attachments
72D_1.jpg
72D_2.jpg
72D_2b.jpg
72D_3.jpg
72D_4.jpg
72D_5.jpg
72D_6.jpg
Last edited by smirkoff on Wed May 18, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

More details of the 72D.
Attachments
72D_7.jpg
72D_8.jpg
72D_9.jpg

Topic author
smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

Lastly, a Hasegawa Zakspeed 189 1/24. This one is from the original 1990 edition of the kit, and the decals are from Shunko, because the originals had been broken for a long time. I added seat belts, tubes and cables and made new wheels and tires because the original kit wheels are too small.

Adding to that a Spitfire Mk22 1/72, these last few months were quite productive. But there's still a lot in boxes with just one piece or one coat of paint to finish. I hope to continue this "cleaning" of the workshop until I can start a kit again from the beginning.

Thank you all for the inspiration!!
Attachments
01m.jpg
03m.jpg
04m.jpg
05m.jpg

GF-F1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ligier
France

Post by GF-F1 »

Hello,

You have done a very good job. Your 3 models car looks really cool and I like the ideas of you Lotus pictures with the drawing of the cars under.

Cheers.

Franck
www.gf-models.eu

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

Super job, looking forward to see more of your projects getting finished off

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Great looking builds!!

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

You speak to us from the heart.
So many things started waiting to be finished. Always waiting to have the right idea of how to present this or that detail even better...

But you did a good job. And maybe it wasn't a disadvantage to wait to be able to use 3D printing for one thing or another (But you're a pro there!!).

I had already pursued the idea with the guitar strings because I had read it elsewhere. Haven't managed to implement it yet though.

In any case, thanks for sharing here with us! :D
Greetings Thomas

Shiiya
Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Shiiya
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams and Piquet
Brazil

Post by Shiiya »

Very nice builts !

Emersonsquirrel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fittipaldi, Surtees, Williams, McLaren, Lotus
Great Britain

Post by Emersonsquirrel »

Great work!

I'm always impressed to see the quality of other people's 3d printed work, still working on getting mine up to scratch...

ES