Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Lancia Delta S4 M@r!b*r* – Beemax 1/24

Post by JesusM »

Y llegamos al final de este proyecto. Después de dos años y dos meses, el Lancia Delta S4 M@r!b*r* está terminado. Pero antes de presentar las fotos finales y mi valoración, os muestro lo último que he hecho en la maqueta. Lo primero está relacionado con los retrovisores, ya que en principio, los intercambié de lado por lo que aparecióan muy elevados. Después, le añadí la fijación que tienen a la puerta. EN principio era un fotograbado pero lo cambié a un trozo de plástico estirado, aplanado y doblado en los extremos:

And we come to the end of this project. After two years and two months, the Lancia Delta S4 M@r!b*r* is finished. But before presenting the final photos and my assessment, I show you the last things I have done on the model. The first thing is related to the mirrors, because at first, I exchanged them sideways so they appeared very high. Then, I added the fixation that they have to the door. At first it was a photo-etch but I changed it to a piece of plastic stretched, flattened and folded at the ends:

Referente al capó, decidí pegar la tapa existente para que no se moviera, porque al ir abierto, las bisagras eran muy frágiles para agunatar el posible peso de la pieza. Podéis ver en la foto, las bisagras con sus remaches de fotograbado.

Regarding the bonnet, I decided to glue the existing cover so that it would not move, because the hinges were too fragile to support the possible weight of the piece. You can see in the photo, the hinges with their photoetched rivets.

En esta foto, podéis ver la matrícula con sus remaches, así como los cristales de las luces trasera, con sus tornillos.

In this photo, you can see the number plate with its rivets, as well as the rear light lenses, with their screws.

Otra vista del retrovisor del otro lado, con el fotograbado del espejo pulido, y la varilla inferior.

Another view of the mirror of the other side, with the mirror photo-etched polished, and the lower rod.

EN el techo, podéis ver las entradas de aire, la antena y las bisagras funcionales del portón trasero. Para pegarlas, primero fijé el portón; después puse cinta adhesiva de doble cara en la parte del porton de la bisagra y las ajusté. Lo siguiente fue quitar el portçon, y poner pegamento epoxy de dos componentes en la parte de la bisagra que se ajusta a la carrocería, dejándola secar 24 horas.

On the roof, you can see the air inlets, the antenna and the functional tailgate hinges. To glue them, I first fixed the tailgate; then I put double-sided adhesive tape on the tailgate part of the hinge and adjusted them. Next I removed the tailgate, and put two-component epoxy glue on the hinge part that fits the body, and let it dry for 24 hours.

Y a continuación, una serie de fotos del coche con el capó y el portón cerrado. Decir que su ajuste no es correcto por los cables de las luces que puse en ambas piezas, pero sabiendo que estarán abiertas:

And next, a series of photos of the car with the bonnet and the tailgate closed. I have to say that the fit is not correct because of the wires of the lights that I put in both pieces, but knowing that they will be open:

Ahora, es el momento de las fotos finales con las partes abiertas:

Now, it’s time for the final photos with the parts open:

Y para terminar, un bloque de fotos…”de estudio”:

And finally, a block of “professional” photos:

Con esto doy por terminado este proyecto. La maqueta en si está muy bien, y al tener el capó y portón abiertos, da mucho juego a la imaginación de como detallarla, si bien, algunas piezas deberían haberse hecho más en serio. En general las formas son correctas, hay que agrandar todas las uniones para que encajen mejor y con el TK de KMP, tanto de piezas de motor y ruedas, la mejora es sustancial. Aparte de todo el kit, hay que decir que esta decoración, cuyas calcas fueron hechas también por KMP, es muy vistosa y llamativa, siendo el color, un acierto por parte de Gravity Colors Spain. Por todo esto, es una maqueta que recomiendo, y que por supuesto repitiré, pero con la decoración de Totip, y sin tanto detalle. Gracias por ver y comentar, y hasta la próxima!!!

This is the end of this project. The model itself is very good, and having the bonnet and hatch open, gives a lot of imagination to the imagination of how to detail it, although, some parts should have been done more seriously. In general the shapes are correct, you have to enlarge all the joints to fit better and with the KMP TK, both engine and wheel parts, the improvement is substantial. Apart from the whole kit, it must be said that this decoration, whose decals were also made by KMP, is very eye-catching and striking, being the colour, a success on the part of Gravity Colors Spain. For all this, it is a model that I recommend, and of course I will repeat, but with Totip’s livery, and without so much detail. Thanks for watching and commenting, and see you next time!!!

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Re: Lancia Delta S4 M@r!b*r* – Beemax 1/24

Post by CK »

It is a very good looking model. The amount of details is outstanding. The cables and the cable ties make the model look very real. All the screws and other details make a huge difference to the realistic look of the car.

One thing that catches my eyes is the dirt on the wheels. It does not fit in with the rest of the car being so clean. I know it is a petty to cover so good body work with weathering. May be something that is not permanent for the weathering.
C K
Canada

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

CK wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 am It is a very good looking model. The amount of details is outstanding. The cables and the cable ties make the model look very real. All the screws and other details make a huge difference to the realistic look of the car.

One thing that catches my eyes is the dirt on the wheels. It does not fit in with the rest of the car being so clean. I know it is a petty to cover so good body work with weathering. May be something that is not permanent for the weathering.
Hi CK, thanks for your words and happy you like it!! :D
Regarding your doubt about the dirty wheels, it is done in this way because what I wanted to show is a car used (not only the wheels are dirty) and maybe parked for a bit of time, but with the body cleaned. And the weathering is not too much so it can exists in the real live! :wink: Anyway, I appreciate your comment!! :D

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your explanation. Keep up your good work. Hope to see more models from you!
C K
Canada

mazyen
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Lee Hoe Yen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Singapore

Post by mazyen »

Beautiful! Always like a Lancia. Likes that it looks like it has been on the road with the dirt.

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Truly amazing!!!

MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Post by MarcoSaupe »

Excellent work, especially on all those little Details! It looks like a real car.

parklaneworks
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Lotus, Brabham
Netherlands

Post by parklaneworks »

Very, very good and amazing detail on this beautiful Lancia 8) !!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

CK wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:01 pm Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your explanation. Keep up your good work. Hope to see more models from you!
Hi CK, I will show my models here for sure!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

mazyen wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:41 pm Beautiful! Always like a Lancia. Likes that it looks like it has been on the road with the dirt.
Happy you like it!! It is a beast with wheels!! :wink: