GTF2
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Graham Trotter
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams

FW12/FW13 Reference

Post by GTF2 »

Hi,
I’m currently collecting reference for future 1:12 scratch built models, can anyone point me in the direction of any books or websites with good pictures of the FW12 and 13 series, preferably bodywork off.

Regards
Graham

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Re: FW12/FW13 Reference

Post by SeanMAIN »

I have a pretty big library. I’ll have a look. I am getting rid of a lot of books. Anything useful that I am getting rid of is yours. PM me a list of specific eras you are looking for. I go back to the. 80s, so hopefully something useful.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

GTF2 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:23 am Hi,
I’m currently collecting reference for future 1:12 scratch built models, can anyone point me in the direction of any books or websites with good pictures of the FW12 and 13 series, preferably bodywork off.

Regards
Graham
I'm going to watch this, big fan of those two cars. Not a massive amount of reference material about, that I'm aware of anyway. What kind of project are you looking at? 3D or old fashioned modeling? I'm very interested anyway...

Topic author
GTF2
Formula e
Formula e

Post by GTF2 »

Hi Daveyman,
A bit of good old fashioned scratch building and lathe/milling work. I plan on getting a good 3d printer eventually but must learn to use 3d Cad first.
Even then, I have no plans to draw and print everything, I’ll just do the bits that are difficult to create by hand.

I was looking to use the Tamiya Fw13b as a basis to create drawings but it’s not that simple, when I really started looking at it I realised just how poor the rear of the bodywork is, I always thought the model looked a bit weird!
This project will be a little way down the line though as I have the fw14/14b/15c to work on first, I’m just trying to plan ahead and ensure I have everything I need ahead of the builds.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

I'll have a look at any reference material I have and see if I can help. I plan to convert the FW13B back into the FW13 but in 1/20 so it's definitely something that's of big interest to me.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

The MFH pictorial series has some great content for the FW12.

Topic author
GTF2
Formula e
Formula e

Post by GTF2 »

43rdMichael wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:28 pm The MFH pictorial series has some great content for the FW12.
Thanks, I have that book.