Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

VMS glues opinions

Post by Joaquin »

Any one using VMS glues? Would like to know your experience. They have a wide range of products, some of looking interesting

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: VMS glues opinions

Post by steinietrabi »

My absolute favorite when I need CA glue. I think I have the whole range with me. :D
Greetings Thomas

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

Usually it is not my style to write such simple comments, but I had a few problems with my internet connection this week and could only read and write sporadically ... Everything is working again now! :mrgreen:

So I'll write a few things about VMS.
I think I became aware of the brand through another building report and thought I would just give it a try.

And I have to say I was just thrilled! :D

There are some nice things. I started with the superglue. There is a resin adhesive for my printed parts - it's just great and it sticks really well. The consistency is just right and can also be dosed in great quantities with a needle or something similar.

Then I also use a superglue for PE, here too I have to say I am very satisfied.

I have 2 more superglues "XT Thin" and "Slow", the first for bonds where I need a lot of wetting and a really clean bond is not important. I use the "Slow" for very small things, e.g. screws where it sometimes takes a second longer to position.

Then I use the "Paper Shaper" for covers, tarpaulins, fabrics,... these can be easily made with paper and imitated very easily. But you also need the "Acrylic Binders".

Another great glue is the "Transpa Fix 6K". This is a transparent adhesive that has a longer hardening time and after the first "initial hardening" can be removed again with the "Universal weathering carrier". This makes it possible, for example, to glue windows or even tiny PE parts without adhesive residue. Dosing is not that easy, but it works very well with a brush and a little practice. The consistency is slightly gel-like.

Then I still use "Hull Tex". This allows textures to be reproduced. It is intended for the surfaces of tanks and co. But it can also be used well for engines. Or also for textures on leather or fabrics...

And then I have the "glue-remove" here. This is PS friendly and does not attack it. This is really a great invention and has already helped me a few times.

So now I've added a mega advertising block here. :lol:
But I hope it helps...

The best thing is to watch the videos from VMS, they are really great for explaining and understanding the procedures.

And some pictures:

I glued the rings with "Transpa Fix 6K" to havn't any glue residue in painted area.

The fabric for the chair was made with paper and "Paper Shaper" and in the end has the same strength as resin or polystyrene parts.
Image Image
Greetings Thomas

Topic author
Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

Thanks a lot!!