Lancia "Deltona" Repsol 1993 - Hasegawa 1/24

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Lancia "Deltona" Repsol 1993 - Hasegawa 1/24

Post by JesusM »

Este proyecto lo dejé en Febrero de 2015, porque no tenía fotos de las fijaciones del motor ni tenía decidido el asunto de las bisagras. Pero puesto que ya se como van dichas fijaciones, gracias mi amigo Borja, que va a salir un motor hecho en resina por mi amigo Claudio de Bellis, y que quiero probar una nueva forma de hacer las bisagras, que ya comentaré, he decidido retomar la contrucción del Lancia Delta!!

I left this project in February 2015, because I didn’t have photos of the engine mountings and I hadn’t decided on the hinges. But since I already know how these fixings go, thanks to my friend Borja, that a resin engine will be made by my friend Claudio de Bellis, and that I want to try a new way of making the hinges, which I will comment later, I decided to resume the construction of the Lancia Delta!

Pero primero os pongo en situación para recordar lo que tenía hecho, y para eso tengo las anteriores actualizaciones de mi blog:

But first I’ll put you in situation to remember what I had done, and for that I have the previous updates of my blog:

http://blog.maquetea.com/?p=1913
http://blog.maquetea.com/?p=2058
http://blog.maquetea.com/?p=2118
http://blog.maquetea.com/?p=2183
http://blog.maquetea.com/?p=2282
Y para continuar, unas fotos actuales: Aquí os muestro el chasis, con parte de la cuna añadida, y modificada con todos sus nervios:

And to continue, some current photos: Here I show you the chassis, with part of the cradle added, and modified with all its nerves:

Y a continuación, la parte del maletero:

And then the luggage compartment:

Si pasamos a la carrocería, y una vez abierto todo lo que se puede abrir, os muestro la parte del maletero y de los laterales de las puertas:

If we move on to the bodywork, and once everything that can be opened has been opened, I show you the part of the boot and the sides of the doors:

Y si unimos el chasis y la carrocería, este es el resultado:

And if we place the chassis and the body both together, this is the result:

Mención especial tiene el vano motor, sobre el que se construirá todo, eliminando la parte que se incluye en el chasis:

Special mention must be made of the engine bay, on which everything will be built, eliminating the part that is included in the chassis:

Hasta aquí, lo que ya tengo realizado. Ahora viene lo que empiezo a hacer. Y empezamos por el portón trasero. Lo primero, y para tomar medidas, tengo que recortar la parte del cristal, que viene junta. Para cortarlo, pongo unas tiras de la cinta autoadhesiva Dymo de las antiguas: son suficientemente rigidas para servir de guia para la sierra, quedando cortado en la foto derecha. Después lijaré hasta se ajuste al marco del portón.

So far, what I have already done. Now comes what I start to do. And we start with the tailgate. First of all, and to take measurements, I have to cut the part of the glass, which comes together. To cut it, I put some strips of the old Dymo self-adhesive tape: they are rigid enough to serve as a guide for the saw, being cut in the right photo. Then I’ll sand it until it fits the frame of the gate.

Ahora moficamos el interior del portón, empezando por eliminar los laterales que servían para pegar las luces traseras (dos primeras fotos). Después, con un trozo d eplástico mut fino, lo sujeto al portón, y dibujo los cortes que tengo que hacerle. Y estos cortes se empiezan por las esquinas, con una broca, porque van redondeados, teminando con un corte del cutter entre los circulos. Después se lima todo para afinarlo, y se pega en el portón con unos cuadradillos para dar volumen. Falta ahora, enmasillar los laetrales y lijar:

Now we have to mock up the inside of the tailgate, starting by removing the sides that were used to attach the rear lights (first two pictures). Then, with a piece of thin plastic, I attach it to the tailgate, and draw the cuts I have to make. And these cuts start at the corners, with a drill, because they are rounded, ending with a cutter cut between the circles. After that, the whole thing is filed and glued to the door with some squares to give volume. Now it’s time to putty and sand the edges:

Os pongo esta foto para que veáis el alerón superior, y su fijación, que habrá que modificar y ajustarla a la realidad:

Here is a photo to show you the upper wing, and its attachment, which will have to be modified and adjusted to reality:

Y del portón, pasamos al capót, para mostraros el proceso de creación de los nervios interiores, proceso que hice también hace años. Primero ponemos cello autoadhesivo de la marca Scotch, que se pinta muy bien con el lápiz, sobre la parte inferior, y dibujamos los nervios y agujeros. Lo despegamos y pasamos a una plancha fina de Evergreen, y recortamos con el cutter, afinando con minilimas y lijas.

And from the tailgate, we move on to the bonnet, to show you the process of creating the interior ribs, a process I also did years ago. First we put Scotch cello sticker, which can be painted very well with a pencil, on the lower part, and we draw the ribs and holes. We peel it off and transfer it to a thin sheet of Evergreen, and cut it out with the cutter, sharpening it with mini files and sandpaper.

Y por último, os muestro las llantas y ventolines que compré a un modelista italiano, las cuales imprimí con Gravity-colors Spain:

And lastly, I show you the rims and rims that I bought from an Italian modeler, which I printed with Gravity-colors Spain:

Esto es todo por el momento! Gracias por ver y comentar!!

That’s all for the moment! Thanks for watching and commenting!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Re: Lancia "Deltona" Repsol 1993 - Hasegawa 1/24

Post by JesusM »

Continuamos con el Lancia, en una etapa sin mucho color ya que el trabajo con cutter, lijas, limas, pegamentos, masillas e imprimaciones, lo máximo que podemos tener es el gris de la imprimación o el amarillo de las masillas!! Pero se intenta que se ven bien los cambios realizados y las piezas modificadas o nuevas.

We continue with the Lancia, in a stage without much colour because the work with cutter, sandpaper, files, glues, putties and primers, the maximum we can have is the grey of the primer or the yellow of the putties! But we try to make the changes made and the modified or new parts look good.

En esta entrada, vamos a trabajar con la parte trasera de la carrocería. Y empezamos con el alerón superior trasero, que lleva el portón. En la siguiente foto, veis la unión original en la parte derecha, y la modificada a la izquierda. Decir que la base triangular del portón se ha rehecho, asi como la fijación propia del alerón, realizada en metal:

In this entry, we are going to work with the rear of the bodywork. And we start with the upper rear spoiler, which carries the tailgate. In the following picture, you can see the original joint on the right side, and the modified one on the left. The triangular base of the tailgate has been redone, as well as the metal fixing of the spoiler itself:

Aquí vemos como la pieza de metal unirá el alerón con el portón. Aun hay que retocar esta parte!!

Here we can see how the metal piece will join the spoiler to the tailgate. This part still needs some work!

Y siguiendo con la carrocería, el portón se apoya sobre una guía que recorre toda la base, con una ligera curvatura. Cogemos un listón cuadrado, lo cortamos y lo fijamos con cinta para darle la curvatura necesaria. En ese punto, le ponemos una gota del pegamento Extra-thin de Tamiya, en la parte exterior de la unión, donde no hay cinta. Una vez seco, quitamos la cinta y reforzamos la unión con más gotas de pegamento, verificando con el portón y las luces, que todo encaja bien.

And continuing with the bodywork, the tailgate rests on a guide that runs along the entire base, with a slight curvature. We take a square strip, cut it and fix it with tape to give it the necessary curvature. At this point, we put a drop of Tamiya Extra-thin glue on the outside of the joint, where there is no tape. Once dry, remove the tape and reinforce the joint with more drops of glue, checking with the tailgate and lights, that everything fits well.

A continuación, añadimos dos listones en los extremos ya que ahí, el ancho aumenta, y le ponemos masilla epoxy Tamiya para dar la forma a la carrocería. Decir que he rebajado estos dos laterales (detrás de los pilotos traseros) de como lo dejé hace cinco años porque me parecían excesivos. En la última foto, vemos como queda con el chasis puesto:

Next, we add two strips at the ends as the width increases there, and we put Tamiya epoxy putty to give the shape to the bodywork. I have lowered these two sides (behind the rear lights) from how I left it five years ago because they seemed excessive. In the last picture, we can see how it looks with the chassis on:

El siguiente paso es rellenar los pilares traseros, tal y como estaban los coches en realidad. No llevaban el guarnecido interior y se veía la chapa de la carrocería, con unos agujeros realizados para disminuir el peso, sin mermar la resistencia. Y después de hacer una plantilla con cartón, dibujé los huecos, los corté, y los pegué en la carrocería en su lugar:

The next step is to fill in the rear pillars, just as the cars were in reality. They didn’t have the interior trim and the body sheet metal was visible, with some holes made to reduce the weight, without reducing the resistance. And after making a template with cardboard, I drew the holes, cut them out, and glued them to the body in place:

Pero no me gustó el resultado, ya que la lámina era muy fina, y en realidad, se ve que los agujeros tienen relieve, que tiene grosor. Por tanto las despego y hago otras con una lámina más gorda. Y sigo el mismo proceso: pinto los huecos, hago los extremos redondeados con una broca, corto por la tangente de los agujeros, limo, lijo…..Y para terminar, rebajo el canto exterior un poco con limas para darle el efecto deseado de inclinación. Para terminar, le practico unos pequeños agujeros por aquí y allá. Podréis ver, que a la pieza derecha le falta el hueco inferior: esto es debido a que en ese lugar está la toma de combustible. Esta spiezas me llevaron un par de tardes de trabajo!!!

But I didn’t like the result, as the foil was very thin, and in reality, you can see that the holes are embossed, that they are thick. So I peeled them off and made another one with a thicker sheet. And I follow the same process: paint the holes, make the rounded ends with a drill bit, cut along the tangent of the holes, file, sand, sand…..And to finish, I lower the outer edge a little with files to give it the desired sloping effect. To finish, I make a few small holes here and there. You can see that the right piece is missing the lower hole: this is because that’s where the fuel inlet is located. This took me a couple of work afternoons!!!

Una vez pegados, vamos a rematarlos. Para ello, cojo una varilla en ángulo, y la pongo en la unión entre la pieza interior del pilar C y la bandeja del maletero. La fijo ocn dos gotitas de Extra-thin de Tamiya, por la parte de la carrocería. Así, esta pieza hará de tope con el chasis. Y por supuesto, relleno los huecos con masilla Tamiya de poliuretano, de dos componentes. Esta masilla es muy fácil de trabajar, sobre todo cuando está seca a las 24 horas de haberse aplicado.

Once they are glued, let’s finish them off. To do this, I take a rod at an angle, and put it in the joint between the inner part of the C-pillar and the boot tray. I fix it with two drops of Tamiya Extra-thin, on the body side. This way, this piece will be the butt with the chassis. And of course, I fill the holes with Tamiya two-component polyurethane putty. This putty is very easy to work with, especially when it is dry 24 hours after being applied.

En la siguiente entrada, estará toda esta parte ya lijada. Gracias por ver y comentar!

In the next post, all this part will be sanded. Thanks for watching and commenting!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

The intention to go for an inner structure is great, bings it to live in any way, keep it going!
Take a stand!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

gp-models wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:21 am The intention to go for an inner structure is great, bings it to live in any way, keep it going!
Thanks a lot, and you will see it little by little!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Seguimos con el Deltona Repsol de Carlos Sainz. Aquí os muestro los interiores de los pilares traseros, con su masilla aplicada y lijada. Deciros, que la masilla es Tamiya Polyester Putty, de dos componentes y muy fina. Además, no encoje, y se lija muy bien.

We continue with Carlos Sainz’s Deltona Repsol. Here I show you the inside of the rear pillars, with the putty applied and sanded. The putty is Tamiya Polyester Putty, two-component and very fine. In addition, it does not shrink, and sands very well.

Continuamos con el maletero. Cuando dejé este proyecto parado, habia hecho la base donde iría el depósito de combustible, y ahora me parece que es pequeña, por lo que la rehago más grande. Una base que divido en tres partes, sin cortar del todo, para que pueda doblar los extremos hacia arriba. Le pego los laterales, la pruebo en su lugar, y rebajo el inferior de los laterales para que tenga la forma de la base, con los extremos elevados.

Let’s continue with the boot. When I left this project stopped, I had made the base where the fuel tank would go, and now I think it’s too small, so I’m making it bigger. I divide then base into three parts, without cutting it completely, so that I can fold the ends upwards. I glue the sides, and then, I try it in place, and lower the bottom of the sides so that it has the shape of the base, with the ends raised.

A la hora de hacer los depósitos, hago unas bases del espacio que tengo. Emzamos con el de gasolina, añadiendo unos laterales a la base a modo de cubo:

When it comes to making the tanks, I make some bases from the space I have. We start with the petrol tank, adding some sides to the base in the form of a cube:

Pero fijandome en el real, el depósito no es una caja fija, sino que es como una bolsa deformable, por lo que decido hacerla con masilla Tamiya epoxy de dos componentes. Una vez mezclada la masilla, la doy forma sobre las bases que hice, teniendo el deposito de gasolina, una parte inclinada que es donde se acoplará la toma de combustible que llega a la carrocería. La del otro depósito, es más cuadrada. Una vez secos, los adapto al maletero, limando y lijando.

But looking at the real one, the fuel tank is not a fixed box, but it is like a deformable bag, so I decide to make it with Tamiya epoxy putty of two components. Once the putty is mixed, I shape it on the bases that I made, having the fuel tank, a sloping part which is where the fuel intake that reaches the body will be attached. The other tank is more square. Once dry, I adapt them to the boot, filing and sanding.

Ahora es el turno de detallar un poco más, y empezamos por las unas placas que tienen de ambos depósitos. La placa del depósito de combustible es ovalada, y lleva las tomas de la bomba de gasolina, por lo que hacemos un dibujo en papel con una plantilla, la cual pegamos sobre una plancha de metal, para trabajar sobre ella.

Now it’s time to detail them a little more, and we start with the plates of both tanks. The fuel tank plate is oval, and has the fuel pump intakes, so we make a drawing on paper with a template, which we stick on a metal plate, to work on it.

Una vez pegada, la recortamos con el papel, le hacemos los taladros de los remaches. En este punto, quitamos el papel para poner los remaches, y cortamos los extremos sobrantes de la parte inferior. Vemos la tapa del otro depósito con los remaches sin cortar en la parte inferior. También podemos observar que he añadido al depósito de combustible, la boca donde se conectará la toma de combustible.

Once glued, we cut it out with the paper and make the holes for the rivets. At this point, we remove the paper to put the rivets, and we cut the excess ends of the lower part. We can see the lid of the other tank with the rivets uncut at the bottom. We can also see that I have added to the fuel tank, the mouth where the fuel inlet will be connected.
the fuel inlet.

Pero este depósito va fijado con dos soportes de fibra, en ángulo por donde irán las cinchas que lo fijarán. Estos soportes los hago con Evergreen fino, pegando la base perpendicularmente a la plancha, por ambos lados, que después cortaré y ajustaré, como se ve en la foto con el depósito. Decir que aun falta afinarlos, y que la toma de combustible, está recortada pero sin eliminar el papel del dibujo. Y para terminar, la tercera foto muestra los dos depósitos en su lugar, los soportes, las placas superiores, y la toma de combustible, tal como estrá dispuesto en el maletero. Decir también que faltan los mangitos, cables y demás aparatos que controlan dichos depósitos.

But this tank is fixed with two fibre supports, at an angle where the straps that will fix it will go. These supports are made with thin Evergreen, gluing the base perpendicularly to the plate, on both sides, which I will later cut and adjust, as shown in the photo with the tank. The fuel inlet is cut out, but without removing the paper from the drawing. And finally, the third picture shows the two tanks in place, the brackets, the top plates, and the fuel inlet, as it will be arranged in the boot. It is also worth mentioning that the hoses, cables and other devices that control the tanks are missing.

Además, esta semana he recibido el pedido que realicé a Claudio de Bellis, que corresponde al motor del Lancia Delta, que tan fielmente ha creado. Está realizado en 3D, esto es lo que he recibido: todas las piezas con unos soprtes, que hay que cortar. SI nos fijamos en el detalle del bloque motor y el diferencial, vemos que se puede sacar mucho partido de ellos. Y en la tercera foto, vemos también todas las piezas ya limpias, incluyendo la cuna donde va alojado el motor, y la parte de abajo del capó, con todos sus nervios.

In addition, this week I received the order I placed with Claudio de Bellis, which corresponds to the Lancia Delta engine that he has created so faithfully. It is made in 3D, and this is what I have received: all the parts with some supports, which have to be cut. If you look at the detail of the engine block and the differential, you can see that you can make a lot of use of them. And in the third photo, we can also see all the parts already cleaned, including the cradle where the engine is housed, and the underside of the bonnet, with all its ribs.

http://blog.maquetea.com/wp-content/upl ... -08-21.jpg

Y como hay muchas ganas de probarlo todo, vamos a acometer, la eliminación del motor que tiene el chasis originalmente, según las indicaciones escritas de Claudio. Vemos como viene el chasis con el motor, tanto por debajo como por encima, para finalizar, en una foto con el motor eliminado.

And as we are eager to test everything, we are going to undertake the removal of the engine that the chassis originally has, according to Claudio’s written instructions. We see how the chassis comes with the engine, both below and above, to finish in a photo with the engine removed.

Y para finalizar hoy, una imagen del chasis, la carrocería y la cuna motor del transkit:

And to finish today, a picture of the chassis, body and engine cradle of the transkit:

Espero que os haya parecido tan interesante como a mi, y con ganas de seguir en este proyecto. Gracias por ver y comentar!!

I hope you found it as interesting as I did, and I look forward to continuing with this project. Thanks for watching and commenting!

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

I missed this one so far. Great work. Looks excellent!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

jaykay wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:51 am I missed this one so far. Great work. Looks excellent!
Thanks a lot Jaykay!! :D

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

Hi Jesus,

It is amazing that you do so much modifications to the kit. Everything you add make the model look so much better.

The cutting off of the doors looks so clean. You have done a great job in creating the "B" pillar and the other parts around the door seam.

It is just fantastic that you can pick so much details into a 1/24 scale car.
C K
Canada

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

CK wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:49 pm Hi Jesus,

It is amazing that you do so much modifications to the kit. Everything you add make the model look so much better.

The cutting off of the doors looks so clean. You have done a great job in creating the "B" pillar and the other parts around the door seam.

It is just fantastic that you can pick so much details into a 1/24 scale car.
Thanks CK!! This is my idea of this hobby: créate a real car in a lower scale. Sometimes i need to build a car out of the box, to have the good felling of a finish model. But in this case....i'm afraid it will take a lot of weeks!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Durante este periodo largo sin poner ninguna actualización, me he dedicado a analizar las posibilidades que tenía para poner bisagras en todas las piezas del coche que recorté, es decir, capó, portón trasero y puertas, empezando por el portón trasero. Ponía en práctica todo lo que pensaba, por lo que todo no era viable hasta el final. Aquí os indico todo lo que hice con él. Y después vino el capó, con su test, que aunque no tiene terminadas las bisagras, ya se como tiene que funcionar. Solo aviso que voy a escribir mucho en esta entrada!!

During this long period without adding any updates, I have been analyzing the possibilities I had to put hinges on all the parts of the car that I cut out, i.e. bonnet, tailgate and doors, starting with the tailgate. I put into practice everything I thought, so everything was not feasible until the end. Here is what I did with it. And then came the bonnet, with its test, that although the hinges are not finished, I know how it has to work. Just a warning that I’m going to write a lot in this post!

Empezamos por el portón trasero. Lo primero que hice fue intentar poner un eje de giro para que el portón trasero girara, digamos que fijo como el de la foto. Pero me di cuenta que el portón necesitaba salir de su posición, por lo que el eje de giro debia estar más hacia delante.

Let’s start with the tailgate. The first thing I did was to try to put a pivot shaft for the tailgate to rotate, let’s say fixed like the one in the picture. But I noticed that the tailgate needed to come out of its position, so the pivot should be more forward.

Y tanto le di vueltas, que me di por vencido por que veia la solución muy lejana, decidiendo dejar el portón abierto. Para ello, hice en latón, unas “bisagras fijas”, tal y como muestro a continuación. Además, en ese análisis de como hacerlas, pensé en dos variantes: la definitiva con las piezas de latón recreando las bisagras (en las dos primeras fotos), y la primera, con tubo de latón doblado. Como véis, no he estado parado todo este tiempo!!

I thought about it so much, that I gave up because I saw the solution very far away, deciding to leave the gate open. To do this, I made some brass “fixed hinges”, as shown below. Also, in this analysis of how to make them, I thought of two variants: the final one with the brass pieces recreating the hinges (in the first two photos), and the first one, with bent brass tube. As you can see, I haven’t been standing still all this time!

Y en ese momento, me llegó el Lancia Delta Integrale de Italeri a escala 1/12, en el que vi, la solución aportada por la marca italiana. Dicha solución, aunque no muy real, recortaba el marco de la carrocería por el que pasarían el tubo anclado en el portón, cuyo eje de giro se situaba en la carrocería, en la parte de detrás muy cerca del marco. Y decidí copiarlo. Tomé medidas e hice pruebas….mil pruebas, hasta que di con las medidas correctas, pasando a hacer la pieza definitiva como se ve en la foto. Tened en cuenta que ese tubo va metido en otro que es el que se pegará a la carrocería, permitiendo que la pieza gire:

And at that moment, I received the Lancia Delta Integrale from Italeri in 1/12 scale, in which I saw the solution provided by the Italian brand. This solution, although not very real, cut out the frame of the bodywork through which the tube anchored in the tailgate would pass, whose axis of rotation was located in the bodywork, in the rear part very close to the frame. And I decided to copy it. I took measurements and made tests….thousands tests, until I found the correct measurements, and then I made the final piece as shown in the photo. Keep in mind that this tube goes into another one that will be glued to the body, allowing the piece to rotate:

A su vez, recorté el marco del portón que hice en la carrocería….

At the same time, I cut out the door frame, that I made on the bodywork…..

Siendo éste el resultado una vez abierto y cerrado:

This is the result, opened and closed:

Aquí os muestro, donde va fijada la bisagra, con BlueTack para las pruebas.

Here I show you, where the hinge is fixed, with BlueTack for testing.

Y una vez pensado el portón trasero, nos movemos hacia el capó, ya que al tener el motor de Claudio de Bellis pendiente, el tener este asunto solucionado me permitirá avanzar con él. Para hacer estas bisagras, hay que tener en cuenta que el capó pivota por la bisagra y sale por delante de la rejilla y de los faros, tapándolos un poco por la parte superior. Esto es determinante para ver donde se pone el angulo de giro. Y en principio, intento hacerlo como el coche real, como vemos en la siguiente foto. Pero toda esa bisagra, aunque es muy pequeña, es enorme para el espacio que tengo. Además, una de esas piezas se me partió en la soldadura, por lo que no me sirvieron…

And once we have thought about the tailgate, we move on to the bonnet, as having the Claudio de Bellis engine pending, to have this issue solved will allow me to move forward with it, with the engine. To make these hinges, we have to take into account that the bonnet pivots with the hinge and comes out of the grille and the headlights, covering them a little at the top. This is decisive to see where the pivot angle is. And at the beginning, I try to do it like the real car, as we can see in the following picture. But all that hinge, although it is very small, is huge for the space I have. Besides, one of those pieces broke during the welding process, so they were no good for me…

Pero para pensar en la solución, debía saber del espacio que disponía, incluyendo el superior hacia el capó. Por loq ue me dediqué a poner los nervios del capó, realizados en 3D por Claudio de Bellis, que se invluyen en el conjunto del motor. Decir que aunque yo había realizado dicha pieza, esta es más real. Y lo primero que hago es eliminar los pivotes que sobresalían para fijar el capó en la cuna del motor. Los corto y limo la parte que sobresalía en dicha pieza correspondiente a la bisagra simulada. Y pegamos la pieza al capó con ciano, ajustándola a las rejillas. Una vez pegada, repasé los bordes de toda la pieza para que dejaran un contorno libre, y redondeando las esquinas conforme al modelo real.

But thinking about the solution, I had to know how much space I had, including the space above the bonnet. So I decided to put the bonnet ribs, made in 3D by Claudio de Bellis, which are integrated in the whole engine. Although I had made this part, this one is more real. And the first thing I do is to remove the pivots that protruded to fix the bonnet to the engine cradle. I cut and file the part that protruded on the piece corresponding to the simulated hinge. And we glued the piece to the bonnet with cyano, adjusting it to the grilles. Once glued, I reworked the edges of the whole piece to leave a free contour, and rounding the corners according to the real model.

Vamos a revisar ahora el espacio que tengo para poner la bisagra. Para ello ponemos la cuna y colocamos la rejilla en su posición, fijandola con cinta adhesiva transparente de doble cara.

We are now going to check the space I have to put the hinge. To do this, we put the cradle in place and place the grille in position, fixing it with double-sided transparent adhesive tape.

Desde aquí, vemos el espacio que hay y me doy cuenta que la barra transversal donde se apoyan las bisagras es quizás demasiado ancha y haya que ponerla más fina. Pero eso lo dejamos para más adelante. Lo que si tengo que hacer, es abrir esos dos huecos hacia adelante, para que las bisagras puedan moverse. Recordad que esos agujeros estaban pensados para poner los que eliminé de la pieza de los nervios del capó. También observé, que la rejilla de metal blanco de un TK de Studio27 que usaré, sobresale un poco hacia adelante. Tendré que hacer una fijación que sea más fiable.

From here, we can see how much space there is and I show that the cross bar where the hinges rest is perhaps too wide and needs to be made thinner. But we’ll leave that for later. What I do have to do, is to open those two holes forward, so that the hinges can move. Remember that those holes were intended to put the ones I removed from the bonnet rib piece. I also noticed, that the white metal grille from a Studio27 TK that I will use, stands out a bit to the front. I’ll have to make a fixing that is more reliable.

Y si la vista es posterior, tenemos una prolongación en la carrocería que se puede aprovechar, justo debajo de la rejilla.

And if the view is from the rear, there is an extension in the bodywork that can be exploited, just below the grille.

Y ahora montamos todo un poco para ver los encajes. Si véis, la pieza d ela rejilla está adelantada respecto al capó, por lo que la tengo que poner más hacia detrás. A su vez, véis que no toca por su parte inferior la carrocería. Esto es debido a que la he elevado un poco porque tanto abajo como arriba, el coche real tiene un espacio que hayq ue mantener. Para ello, hice una pieza donde va montada dicha rejilla y con un tope para que no se mueva hacia detrás, favoreciendo su posición a la hora de pegarla.

And now we put everything together a bit to see the fittings. If you can see, the grille piece is advanced with respect to the bonnet, so I have to put it further back. At the same time, you can see that it doesn’t touch the lower part of the bodywork. This is because I have raised it a little because both below and above, the real car has a space that must be maintained. To do this, I made a piece where the grille is mounted and with a stop so that it does not move backwards, facilitating its position when gluing it.

Y como no, las bisagras. Es un tubo soldado a una pletina de latón, cortada de un fotograbado de un interiro de unas llantas.

And of course, the hinges. It is a tube soldered to a brass plate, cut from a photoengraving of the inside of a wheel rim.

Hice tres por si una se me rompía, cosa que sucedió, al doblarlas de acuerdo al espacio que tenía.

I made three in case one broke, which it did, folding them according to the space I had.

Y ahora os muestro como irán colocadas. La izquierda está en posición de capó cerrado, y la derecha de capó abierto. El tubo soldado irá fijado con un redondo interno, que en forma de U irá colocado en dos agujeros hechos en la rejilla, y así podrá girar.

And now I show you how they will be positioned. The left one is in closed bonnet position, and the right one in open bonnet position. The welded tube will be fixed with an internal round, which in a U-shape will be placed in two holes made in the grille, so it will be able to rotate.

Como véis, el espacio es mínimo y tengo que trabajar casi a la décima de milimetro. Aun así, creo que si que lo tengo enfilado, y puedo ser más optimista de pasar al siguiente paso: las bisagras de las cuatro puertas!! Pero primero tengo que fijar las del capó y mostrarlo!! (y no se si empezaré otro kit más rapidito para hacer a la vez sin tanta compliacaión :-)).

As you can see, the space is minimal and I have to work almost to the tenth of a millimetre. Even so, I think I’ve got it lined up, and I can be more optimistic about moving on to the next step: the hinges for the four doors! But first I have to fix the bonnet hinges and show it off! (and I don’t know if I’ll start another model quicker to do at the same time without so much complication :-))..

Garcias por ver y comentar!!

Thanks for watching and commenting!