1/12 Lancia Stratos Montecarlo'77 - Doyusha / Nitto

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
edgarmiro
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: 1/12 Lancia Stratos Montecarlo'77 - Doyusha / Nitto

Post by edgarmiro »

As I mentioned here you have some pieces already printed for the Stratos.

What I do in the beginning is to model them in the Fusion 360 program, which allows parametric and non-destructive modeling, allowing to correct and add details or modifications of the pieces. With this program I have been modeling all the pieces; at the same time, it allows exporting in STL files, which are the files recognized by the so-called Sllicers, which are the programs that translate the 3d model in order to be printed.
fusion360.jpg
Here there's the printing file generated by the Chitubox program that allows you to add different pieces and supports to be printed. In this case, as the printing is in resin, this type of supports are used from which the pieces will hang while they are being printed layer by layer.
CHITU.JPG
And here the result; in my case I am printing it on an Elegoo mars Pro and with transparent resin. You can see the pieces and the supports.
IMG_20201219_200209.jpg
IMG_20201219_200229.jpg
And finally the pieces without the supports. Sometimes all the pieces do not come out well since it requires some calibration and finesse in the location of the supports in the printing file, and it is necessary to repeat it again.
IMG_20201219_201044.jpg
Thank you very much and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings

Edgar

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I run out of “wows”, mate!!! Una passada!!

Topic author
edgarmiro
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by edgarmiro »

I leave you some photos of the work on the doors and their interiors. I have modified the interiors trying to make them resemble the real one. You can also see the neodymium magnets that allow me to assemble and disassemble the doors as well as other parts of the bodywork, since many parts need adjustments.
IMG_20200517_131314.jpg
IMG_20201022_144706.jpg
IMG_20201022_144735.jpg

Scratch and 3d printed exhaust pipes. I have seen that there were many versions of tailpipes and arrangement depending on which version is made. In my case it is the version of the Monte Carlo Rally of '77.
IMG_20210126_000010.jpg

Printed dashboard
IMG_20210117_144426.jpg
Soon more. Thanks for comment.

Greetings

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

That´s truly great!!! :o :shock: 8)
You gotta be tired. A casual promenade to a Post Office might help you take a break!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :wink: heheheh

Flinstone
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Great Britain

Post by Flinstone »

You are doing some wonderful work on the Stratos.
Looking at the cylinder head cam covers, you appear to be making the 12 valve cylinder head. In 1977 the rules changed at some point, so the Stratos homologation for the 24v heads ran out. As you are doing the Monte Carlo winner, did it have 12 valve heads or 24 valve (as per the kit)?
Certainly the 24 valve heads were not allowed in 1978 world rallys, so the Doyusha Pirelli livery car needs 12 valve heads. This is one reason I am doing the 1978 Giro D'Italia winner as it did not have to conform to the regulations. Also, the big front air dam is also a draw!

Topic author
edgarmiro
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by edgarmiro »

Flinstone wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:05 pm You are doing some wonderful work on the Stratos.
Looking at the cylinder head cam covers, you appear to be making the 12 valve cylinder head. In 1977 the rules changed at some point, so the Stratos homologation for the 24v heads ran out. As you are doing the Monte Carlo winner, did it have 12 valve heads or 24 valve (as per the kit)?
Certainly the 24 valve heads were not allowed in 1978 world rallys, so the Doyusha Pirelli livery car needs 12 valve heads. This is one reason I am doing the 1978 Giro D'Italia winner as it did not have to conform to the regulations. Also, the big front air dam is also a draw!
Thanks a lot Flinstone, you made my open my eyes :shock: ; as we talked I think I'm on the way to solve it. I'll contact you and we'll talk about my propsed solution. Regards :wink:

We continue ... Modification of tanks, fasteners of the exhaust pipes with sheet metal and some pieces printed in 3d (fasteners tanks, change, handbrake, fire extinguisher support ...)

And after a lot of adjustment work to be able to show it closed or open, I show you how it looks with the primer in gray.

I have also replaced the bars that I had made with brass tubes, since I can weld it and there are thinner and stronger joints, for the rear hood closures. I hope you like it.

Thanks again and any question do not hesitate to ask

Greetings

Flinstone
Formula e
Formula e
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Great Britain

Post by Flinstone »

Edgar,
I look forward to hearing about your solution!
The work on the body looks great, I know how difficult it is to get the body parts to blend together.
Regards
Kevin

Topic author
edgarmiro
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by edgarmiro »

After the Fifty shades of grey, now it's Snowwhite time ...

And now "the Mask" time...

Soon more ...

Thanks for commenting and greetings