Porsche 935 K3 Coca Cola – 1/24 Nunu

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Porsche 935 K3 Coca Cola – 1/24 Nunu

Post by Icon_Modeler »

bestbalsakits wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:29 am Derek,

read here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31671&sid=fe882b17 ... 254aecc398 to fix

wim
Thanks Wim!!!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Post by JesusM »

gp-models wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:32 pm I have this version also on my list, belongs to my favorite K3 livery, will follow closely! The open door is a nice add on, looking forward to your progress. :)
Happy to be your "tester"! :wink: You will see the good things and my concerns about it!!

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Looking great, love this car and the Coke version. Love your work on the doors.
Last edited by Shunter on Thu May 06, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

tunyco
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren and Ayrton Senna
Portugal

Post by tunyco »

Belissimo as usual, following with great interest.
COMPLETE: Jordan J195 Club-M
Next in line: Tyrrell 012 Benetton

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Shunter wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:47 am Looking great, love this car and the Coke version. Love you work on the doors.
Thanks Shayne!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

tunyco wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 pm Belissimo as usual, following with great interest.
Thanks Tunyco, hope it will follow your interest in! :wink:

jorgeralvear
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Jorge Alvear
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Kimi/Ferrari
Chile

Post by jorgeralvear »

Fantastic work. Gracias por tus esfuerzos maravillosos!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

jorgeralvear wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:38 pm Fantastic work. Gracias por tus esfuerzos maravillosos!
Happy you like it!! Gracias!!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Continuamos con este proyecto, despacito porque la preparación para la pintura lleva su tiempo y dedicación, sobre todo cuando se recrean piezas. En este caso, os muestro como queda la bisagra de la puerta. Esos dos extremos doblados giran sobre el tubo, que está fijado a la puerta con un listón de Evergreen (redondeado para que apoyara el tubo) pegado con ciano, y rellenado con loctite y polvos de talco. Después se ha lijado hasta dejarlo tan estrecho como el tubo.

We continue with this project, slowly because the preparation for painting takes time and dedication, especially when recreating pieces. In this case, I show you how the door hinge looks like. These two bent ends turn on the tube, which is fixed to the door with a strip of Evergreen (rounded to support the tube) glued with cyano, and filled with loctite and talcum powder. It has then been sanded down to be as narrow as the tube.

Y la puerta, debe quedar cerrada, y bien cerrada!! Para ello, le añado unos imanes tanto en el guarnecido interior de la puerta (uno redondo) como en el de la carrocería. Para ello, le hago una rebaja en la pieza para meter el imán, rectangular en este caso.

And the door must be closed, and well closed! To do this, I add magnets both in the inner trim of the door (a round one) and in the bodywork. To do this, I make a cut in the piece to put the magnet, rectangular in this case.

Pero no me fue bien, y al final el guarnecido del cockpit se estropeó (pieza izquierda en la foto anterior), teniendo que pegar la pieza al cockpit para asegurar mejor los trabajos posteriores, cortar, rellenar y alisar….y pensar en otra posición de los imanes. Mientras tanto, le puse dos tubos delante por donde pasarán los vástagos de la bisagra:

But it didn’t go well, and in the end the cockpit trim was damaged (left piece in the previous photo), and I had to glue the piece to the cockpit to better secure the later works, cut, fill and smooth …. and think of another position for the magnets. In the meantime, I put two tubes in front where the hinge rods will pass through:

SI vemos el interior de la carrocería, podemps observar el marco interior de la puerta, y la masilla epoxy puesta para rellenar los huecos:

If we look inside the bodywork, we can see the inner door frame, and the epoxy putty used to fill the holes:

Una vez pegado el guarnecido en la puerta, podemos tapar el hueco del primer imán, y ver el nuevo imán, más pequeño, puesto en el lateral trasero de la puerta.

Once the trim has been glued on the door, we can cover the hole of the first magnet, and see the new, smaller magnet placed on the back side of the door.

Para el alerón trasero, decido pegar los laterales de fotograbado y ponerle unos alambres por debajo en donde irán las fijaciones. Así podremos trabajarlo sin problemas…

For the rear wing, I decide to glue the photo-etched sides and put some wires underneath where the fixings will go. This way we can work it without problems…

Pasamos al salpicadero, con los botones eliminados para ponerlos de metal o resina.

Pasamos al salpicadero, con los botones eliminados para ponerlos de metal o resina.

Unas piezas que requieren más detalle son la palanca de cambios y el repartidor de frenada. Al estar la puerta abierta, se va a poder ver mejor… por los que los haremos a scratch.

Some parts that require more detail are the gear lever and the brake distributor. As the door is open, you will be able to see them better… for those of us who will scratch them.

Sobre una plancha de Evergreen, hago el diseño de la nueva base de la palanca:

On a sheet of Evergreen, I make the design of the new lever base:

También hago agujeros sobre tubos para empalmar otros de menor tamayo perpendicularmente….

I also drill holes on tubes to join smaller ones perpendicularly ….

Y aquí está el resultado…

And here it is the result…

Vamos a explicar lo realizado. – La palanca de cambios. el pomo es de otro modelo, que le hice un agujero en la base para ponerle un vástago para que se coloque en el tubo vertical. Este tubo vertical tiene otro horizontal incrustado, al que le he puesto en los extremos dos trozos de plástico torneados hacia el centro, para que simule que tiene posibilidad de movimiento. Ese tubo transversal es el eje de donde la palanca de cambios bascula. En al parte inferior, tenemos otro tubo pero puesto en disposición perpendicular al de arriba, y conecta la paanca con la barra que va a la caja de cambios. Y en el medio de ésta, lleva un cardan simulado, realizado con dos laminas de latón contrapuestas, como se ve en la foto anterior. Esta palanca irá puesta en la pieza d eplástico que hay en la tablilla de madera. – El repartidor de frenado. Untubo vertical, con otro en su interior, que en la parte inferior, atraviesa otro tubo más ancho horizontalmente. En cada extremo, he puesto dos trozos de tubo de aluminio, a los que he aplastado el extremo, redondeándolo y haciéndoles un agujero para que un tornillo les atraviese y fije. Estos dos trozos d ealuminio, conectarán con los cables que van al repartidos de frenada. Esta palanca, irá colocada entre las otras piezas de metal que están sobre las maderas. En concreto, la de la derecha es la que en realidad tiene los pasos para fijar la palanca.

Let’s explain what has been done. – The gear lever. The knob is from another model, which I made a hole in the base to put a rod to be placed in the vertical tube. This vertical tube has another horizontal tube embedded in it, to which I have put two pieces of plastic turned towards the centre at the ends, to simulate the possibility of movement. This transversal tube is the axis where the gear lever tilts. In the lower part, we have another tube but placed perpendicular to the one above, and it connects the lever with the rod that goes to the gearbox. And in the middle of it, there is a simulated cardan shaft, made with two opposing brass plates, as shown in the previous photo. This lever will be placed on the plastic piece on the wooden board. – The brake distributor. A vertical tube, with another one inside it, which in the lower part, crosses another wider tube horizontally. At each end, I have put two pieces of aluminium tube, which I have flattened the end, rounding it and making a hole for a screw to go through and fix them. These two pieces of aluminium will be connected to the cables that go to the braking system. This lever will be placed between the other metal pieces that are on the wood. Specifically, the one on the right is the one that actually has the steps to fix the lever.

Y aquí están, una vez imprimados y pintados con Metal Aluminio de Zero, y junto a las piezas originales. Faltan los remaches de fotograbado en las zonas de giro.

And here they are, once primed and painted with Zero’s Metal Aluminium, and next to the original parts. The photoetched rivets are missing in the pivot areas.

Otra pieza que hay que hacer es un tirador metálico que tienen todos los Porsche (936, 934, 935, 956, 962), que tiene dos mangueras que van hacia el motor, y desconozco su motivo. Para hacerla, ponemos una varilla de plástico en el minitaladro, y a darle forma con la cuchilla, limas y lijas!!

Another part to be made is a metal handle that all Porsche’s have (936, 934, 935, 956, 962), which has two hoses that go towards the engine, and I don’t know why. To make it, put a plastic rod in the mini-drill, and shape it with the blade, files and sandpaper!

Pasamos al chasis, que pintamos con negro semi mate de Zero. decir que al probarlo, he visto que la pintura estaba un poco granulosa, como la texturizada, y he pensado que le podía venir bien, incluso después, tiene como ciertos rastros marrones…..¿?:

We moved on to the chassis, which we painted with semi-matt black from Zero. I have to say that when I tested it, I saw that the paint was a bit grainy, like the textured one, and I thought it could be good for it, even afterwards, it has some brown traces …..¿?

Pero para el habitáculo, asiento y salpicadero, he usado otra pintura semimate, también de Zero pero en buenas condiciones!!

But for the cabin, seat and dashboard, I used another semi-matt paint, also from Zero but in good condition!!!

Ahora pasamos al arco de seguridad, al que después de pegado, le añado la típica barra horizontal que llevan todos los Porsche delante del piloto y debajo del salpicadero. Se fija con unos pernos metálicos que le he practicado:

Now we move on to the roll bar, to which, after gluing, I add the typical horizontal bar that all Porsche cars have in front of the driver and under the dashboard. It is fixed with some metal bolts that I have made:

Mas detalles, en esta caso en los turbos: les faltaba esas plaquitas de latón que le he añadido!

More details, in this case on the turbos: they were missing those little brass plates that I have added!

Y como ya he imprimado y pintado algunas piezas, como no iba a estar la carrocería en ese proceso!! Y después de la primera mano, se han tenido que retocar algunos detalles….

And as I have already primed and painted some parts, how could the bodywork not be in the process! And after the first coat, some details had to be retouched….

….para terminar la carrocería con tres manos de imprimación Gravity Spain!!

….for finishing, the body with 3 layers of Gravity Spain primer!!

Y ya, el siguiente paso será empezar a dar color y pegar piezas!! Gracias por ver y comentar!!

And now, the next step will be to start colouring and gluing the pieces! Thanks for watching and commenting!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Como dije en mi anterior post, lo siguiente sería empezar a dar color, y aquí empezamos con la carrocería. Después de imprimar con Gravity, de acuerdo con la decoración elegida, el color debía ser el rojo “Coca Cola”, y para ello usé la referencia GC-1180, “Coca Cola Red” del mismo fabricante. Di una primera capa muy fina, y después dos capas más húmedas. Como iba pintando varias piezas además de la carrocería, el tiempo de espera entre capas era el que me daba pintar el resto de piezas. Muy fácil de pintar, y deja al final, una superficie que no requiere barniz para poner las calcas. Aun así, hay que pintar alguna cosa en blanco para sustituir una calca……. Podéis ver en la última, foto, otras piezas pintadas: la puerta izquierda, el alerón trasero y su soporte:

As I said in my previous post, the next thing to do was to start giving colour, and here we started with the bodywork. After priming with Gravity, according to the chosen decoration, the colour had to be “Coca Cola” red, and for this I used the reference GC-1180, “Coca Cola Red” from the same manufacturer. I applied a very thin first coat, and then two more wet coats. As I was painting several parts in addition to the bodywork, the waiting time between coats was the time I could paint the rest of the parts. Very easy to paint, and at the end, it leaves a surface that does not require varnish to put the decals on. Even so, it is necessary to paint something in white to replace a decal……. You can see in the last picture, other painted parts: the left door, the rear wing and its support:

Después de imprimar muchas piezas, hay que darles color. Aquí vemos las barras de seguridad, con la delantera transversal que he añadido, todo situado sin pegar en el habitáculo. Fue pintada con el Metal Aluminium de Zero:

After priming many parts, they need to be coloured. Here we see the safety bars, with the front cross bar that I have added, all placed without glue in the passenger compartment. It was painted with Zero’s Metal Aluminium:

Y más piezas pintadas con el mismo aluminio. Muchas son la base para seguir pintando con otros colores, como negro satinado o metal quemado:

And more pieces painted with the same aluminium. Many are the basis for further painting with other colours, such as satin black or burnt metal:

En el caso de los amortiguadores, he decidido utilizar el rotulador permanente negro para pintar los muelles, sobre el aluminio. El resultado es muy limpio si no los vas a sustituir por un muelle real, puesto que en este caso, poco se van a ver.

In the case of the shock absorbers, I decided to use the black permanent marker to paint the springs on the aluminium. The result is very clean if you are not going to replace them with a real spring, as in this case, little will be visible.

Y terminamos con el chasis. Una vez enmascarado, y con el mismo aluminio, se aplica sobre el cuerpo del motor, para terminar con el Panel Liner negro de Tamiya. En el resto del chasis, he aplicado un pincel seco con los nuevos colores de MIG para estos casos. En concreto, he usado el AMIG0622 DRYBRUSH Gun Metal, aplicándolo desde delante hacia detrás:

In the case of the shock absorbers, I decided to use the black permanent marker to paint the springs on the aluminium. The result is very clean if you are not goAnd we finish with the chassis. Once masked, and with the same aluminium, it is applied on the engine body, to finish with the black Tamiya Panel Liner. In the rest of the chassis, I applied a dry brush with the new MIG colours for these cases. Specifically, I have used the AMIG0622 DRYBRUSH Gun Metal, applying it from front to back:ing to replace them with a real spring, as in this case, little will be visible.

Y aunque a las piezas les queda aun algunos detalles de pintura, con el color se ve todo mucho mejor!! Gracias por ver y comentar!!

And although the pieces still have some painting details left, with the colour it looks much better! Thanks for watching and commenting!