Porsche 935 K3 Coca Cola – 1/24 Nunu

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Porsche 935 K3 Coca Cola – 1/24 Nunu

Post by gp-models »

Nice Jesus !!! :)
Looking great, good paint job, that livery is an eyecatcher!
stubeck wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:01 am
gp-models wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:35 pm Looking very nice Jesus, how about the fitting of this kit? Any issues with that?
Keep it going, love to see the decals on, good job! :)
I've built the kit and everything fits very well on it. Its not a remix of their M6 kit.
Thank you Stu for clearing this up, i put it on my looooong list. :D
Take a stand!

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ronnie1972 »

The build looks fantastic! Such a iconic livery! Funny thing is that I remember back during the glory days of the 935, I always thought it was such a homely car. I’m fifty-nine now, and it’s funny how one’s perception changes. When I was a teenager & young twenty-something I always thought the Group 5 cars of the mid-seventies through the early eighties had faces only a mother could love, but when compared to the devices we see in contemporary racing, they are absolutely gorgeous! I always adored the Group 6 cars of the seventies (Ferrari 312PB’s, Matra’s, Mirage’s, Alpine-Renault’s, Porsche 936’s, etc) thought they were so sexy, and still do!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Bonanza wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:52 pm Looks fantastic so far!
Thanks for commenting!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Shunter wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:01 pm Very very nice…iconic colours and excellent paint work.
Thanks Shunter, I'm enjoying with it!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

ronnie1972 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:30 am The build looks fantastic! Such a iconic livery! Funny thing is that I remember back during the glory days of the 935, I always thought it was such a homely car. I’m fifty-nine now, and it’s funny how one’s perception changes. When I was a teenager & young twenty-something I always thought the Group 5 cars of the mid-seventies through the early eighties had faces only a mother could love, but when compared to the devices we see in contemporary racing, they are absolutely gorgeous! I always adored the Group 6 cars of the seventies (Ferrari 312PB’s, Matra’s, Mirage’s, Alpine-Renault’s, Porsche 936’s, etc) thought they were so sexy, and still do!
Hi Ronnie, fully agree with you....those cars were really amazing....and i Knowles WhatsApp you are saying: i'm also fifty-nine!! :wink: :wink:

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

The Tamiya 1/12 1976 Porsche 935 caught my eyes in the local hobby shop window. It was a finished model on a turning table. This was how I start looking into race cars. The Gr 5 & 6 and later F1 cars.

I am in the same age group. I don't have a very specific preference for race cars. I love machines, all sorts of machines. The only cars that I don't like are the Gr 5 BMWs that were raced against the 935s. They are too boxy.

My first car model is Tamiya's 1/24 1978 Porsche 935 Turbo - "Moby Dick". I have a second box waiting to be built.

Jesus, keep up the great work!
C K
Canada

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ronnie1972 »

I can tell a brief, poignant story about the Bob Akin Coca-Cola sponsored cars. I was at the 1986 Mid-Ohio IMSA round, and it was a very somber atmosphere in the paddock. Jo Gartner who was a member of the winning Akin car at Sebring along with Hans Stuck, had lost his life at Le Mans the week before, and you could feel the loss within the team. Their 962 had a big black stripe across the Coca Cola liveried nose. The Akin team gave their best, but you could tell it was hard on all of them to be there.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

CK wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:31 pm The Tamiya 1/12 1976 Porsche 935 caught my eyes in the local hobby shop window. It was a finished model on a turning table. This was how I start looking into race cars. The Gr 5 & 6 and later F1 cars.

I am in the same age group. I don't have a very specific preference for race cars. I love machines, all sorts of machines. The only cars that I don't like are the Gr 5 BMWs that were raced against the 935s. They are too boxy.

My first car model is Tamiya's 1/24 1978 Porsche 935 Turbo - "Moby Dick". I have a second box waiting to be built.

Jesus, keep up the great work!
Thanks CK!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

ronnie1972 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:45 am I can tell a brief, poignant story about the Bob Akin Coca-Cola sponsored cars. I was at the 1986 Mid-Ohio IMSA round, and it was a very somber atmosphere in the paddock. Jo Gartner who was a member of the winning Akin car at Sebring along with Hans Stuck, had lost his life at Le Mans the week before, and you could feel the loss within the team. Their 962 had a big black stripe across the Coca Cola liveried nose. The Akin team gave their best, but you could tell it was hard on all of them to be there.
wow..tremendous story and thanks for sharing it!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Una vez puesto el post anterior dedicado solo a la carrocería, es el turno del resto. Y empezamos con las llantas de Scalelab24. Una vez lijadas e imprimadas, las pintamos con el cromo de Gravity, que tiene dos botes con los colores negro y cromo. Primero es el color negro, que deja una superficie brillante, y después el cromo, tal y como se ven en las dos primeras fotos. En la tercera vemos el resultado con los núcleos dorados que trae el transkit.

After the previous post dedicated only to the bodywork, it’s the turn of the rest. And we start with the Scalelab24 rims. Once sanded and primed, we paint them with Gravity chrome, which has two cans with black and chrome colours. First is the black colour, which leaves a shiny surface, and then the chrome, as seen in the first two photos. In the third one we can see the result with the golden cores that the transkit comes with.

Pasamos al motor Una vez imprimados los turbos y los escapes, los pintamos con Aluminio de Zero. Después, enmascaramos los turbos para pintar una parte de negro y la otra de hierro quemado. De esta manera, mantenemos el color aluminio en las partes que deben llevarlo.

We moved on to the engine. Once the turbos and exhausts were primed, we painted them with Zero Aluminium. Then, we masked the turbos to paint one part in black and the other in burnt iron. This way, we keep the aluminium colour in the parts that should have it.

Y con estas piezas pintadas, las pegamos en el motor de acuerdo con las instrucciones. A este conjunto, le añado algún tubo y depósito que tiene el coche real. Una aguada con el panel liner negro de Tamiya, le da las sombras necesarias para que las piezas tengan profundidad.

And with these parts painted, we glue them to the engine according to the instructions. To this set, I add some pipes and tanks from the real car. A wash with the black Tamiya panel liner gives the necessary shadows to give the pieces depth.

Más fotos del conjunto terminado.

More photos of the finished set.

Las siguientes fotos corresponden a los frenos. Pinté todo el connunto de negro semimate, y después añadí los fotograbados de los discos, a los que había rallado con una lija de grano 200, poniendo los discos en el minitaladro, para que el rallado sea circular.

The following pictures are of the brakes. I painted the whole assembly in semi-matt black, and then I added the photo-etched discs, which I had grated with 200 grit sandpaper, putting the discs in the mini-drill, so that the graining is circular.

Pasamos al interior. En esta foto os muestro como son los pedales originales que trae el kit:

Let’s move on to the interior. In this picture I show you how are the original pedals that the kit comes with:

Y ahora el despiece de las piezas que he hecho. La base inferior la hago del metal de los antiguos diskettes, y los pedales, con la combinación de tubos y piezas de metal recortadas:

And now the exploded view of the parts I have made. The lower base is made from the metal of the old floppy disks, and the pedals, with a combination of tubes and cut metal parts:

Este es el resultado sin pintar comparado con las piezas originales del kit, siendo la segunda foto, las piezas ya pintadas:

This is the unpainted result compared to the original parts of the kit, the second picture being the painted parts:

Para el extintor, he tenido que alargar las manetas del mismo para poner el sistema de cables que lo accionan desde el exterior:

For the fire extinguisher, I had to lengthen the handles of the fire extinguisher to put the cable system that operates it from the outside:

En la siguiente foto os muestro todas las piezas y cables que irán en el cockpit:

In the following picture I show you all the parts and cables that will go in the cockpit:

Y en las siguientes, ya están todas las piezas colocadas y pegadas:

And in the following ones, all the pieces are already in place and glued:

Espero que os guste! Gracias por ver y comentar!!

I hope you like it! Thanks for watching and commenting!