1/24 Hasegawa Zakspeed ZK891

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
lvndeva
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

1/24 Hasegawa Zakspeed ZK891

Post by lvndeva »

Decided i would start this project. Wanted to sell off this kit previously, but the car does seem attractive...its my 2nd last 1/24 f1 that i would ever build.
Not many pics i could find of the actual car in google. Not surprised though. from what i read... this car only raced twice during the 1989 season by Schneider. Suzuki was unable to qualify at all.

This kit is the old one (not the recently re-released version). So the decals are shot. I managed to get a replacement set from Shunko.
The rear wing element has broken in 2, and warped a little. But i suspect should not be an issue.
Started off with some dry fitting, just to study the body panels and see how they fit together. Seems like all parts fit well.
Gonna start with painting the body panels first, as i usually do.
Attachments
5-g.JPG
4-g.JPG
3-g.JPG
2-g.JPG
1-g.JPG

Daliracing
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Gert
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: 3.5l era.
Belgium

Re: 1/24 Hasegawa Zakspeed ZK891

Post by Daliracing »

lovely car and great start!

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

Take extra care when mounting the wheels to the suspension. They are fragile and can break easily. It will help if the shaft end on the wheel is filed round a bit to help it slide into the wheel hub and reduce the pressure on the suspension.
C K
Canada

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

I also have the kit in my stash, I will definitely follow it closely. :D
Greetings Thomas

Topic author
lvndeva
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by lvndeva »

CK wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:36 am Take extra care when mounting the wheels to the suspension. They are fragile and can break easily. It will help if the shaft end on the wheel is filed round a bit to help it slide into the wheel hub and reduce the pressure on the suspension.
Noted mate, thanks for the tip.
I also started to put together some body parts such as front and rear wing (except the upper element). I have no desire to polish these individual pieces and then assemble them at the final stage; too many times i had problems.
So once painted, i will just spray a good amount of clear and hope the final coat will be smooth.

Upon studying the instruction manual, some curious points stands out

1. The instruction calls for the seat to be painted flat white :roll: I have never seen or build an F1 car with white seats before.
2. There is no seat belt molded on the seat, or even provided as decal.
3. There are some rear suspension parts which calls for silver paint. Again, all the f1 cars i've built so far calls for semi gloss black only.

Will begin painting the main bodywork next.
Attachments
9-g.JPG
8-g.JPG
7-g.JPG
6-g.JPG

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

From photos on the web, the seat might have been white. The portion can be seen behind the driver is white. There is one photo showing it as red.

The suspension should be all black. In some photos, the rear pull rod seems to be silvery but it is only the reflection of light rather than the color.
C K
Canada

Topic author
lvndeva
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by lvndeva »

CK wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 am From photos on the web, the seat might have been white. The portion can be seen behind the driver is white. There is one photo showing it as red.

The suspension should be all black. In some photos, the rear pull rod seems to be silvery but it is only the reflection of light rather than the color.
tanks for the confirmation mate. i guess i will paint the seat white then :lol:
But for the belts, i guess i have no choice but to use 1/20 scale etched parts. Hopefully they don't look too over-scaled.

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

lvndeva wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:36 am 1. The instruction calls for the seat to be painted flat white :roll: I have never seen or build an F1 car with white seats before.
2. There is no seat belt molded on the seat, or even provided as decal.
3. There are some rear suspension parts which calls for silver paint. Again, all the f1 cars i've built so far calls for semi gloss black only.
The seat was white...

The seat belt were red Sabelt - you will be able to use some made of fabric. A dream, you don't have to drag the belts away :lol: :lol: :lol:

Use seat belts form ABER no.24001 or this set https://www.geminimodelcars.com/listing ... -seatbelts

Rear suspension was all black what I can see...
The rear pull rod is not matt black, rather an iron shade ... but also not silver - but its also could be some reflection!
Greetings Thomas

Topic author
lvndeva
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by lvndeva »

Thanks Thomas for the excellent pictures. Judging by the lack of pictures online, what you shared is Golden!!

From these pictures, can really see how the actual colours differ from the instruction manual.
I also see the 'Yamaha' word on the valve cover, which is not included in the kit.

And thanks for the suggestion on where to purchase the seat belt. i will get it.
I can use the additional material for my hasegawa b190 and perhaps some DTM cars in my stash as well.

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

Greetings Thomas