1/20 MFH BRM P115

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

MarcoSaupe
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: HHF
Germany

Re: 1/20 MFH BRM P115

Post by MarcoSaupe »

Very nice, love that H16 (except when I had to virtually drive one in Grand Prix Legends :D )

About the tire decals: when I look at period photos, the blue rings are hardly visible, so I choose not to use them. But if you want to use them, it could be an idea, to tone them down by using e.g. the Tamiya Weathering set or mix some acrylic flat clear with a bit black an carefully paint on the rings, this will also help to hide the imperfections.

Topic author
CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark
United States of America

Re: 1/20 MFH BRM P115

Post by CelicaGT »

Ok guys, I FINALLY got around to taking some photos with my DSLR, topic here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32123

MarcoSaupe wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:03 pm Very nice, love that H16 (except when I had to virtually drive one in Grand Prix Legends :D )

About the tire decals: when I look at period photos, the blue rings are hardly visible, so I choose not to use them. But if you want to use them, it could be an idea, to tone them down by using e.g. the Tamiya Weathering set or mix some acrylic flat clear with a bit black an carefully paint on the rings, this will also help to hide the imperfections.
Sorry for the very late reply Marco! I loved driving in for fun in GPL (and now Assetto Corsa) because of the amazing sound, but for an actual race, not so much. :mrgreen:

Yea, I just hate putting those blue rings on the tires, I might leave them off on the next model I do that has them. :roll: :lol: I did spray some matt clear over the blue rings to tone them down but I agree, they are probably still too 'bright'. I like your idea, but I'm just done with the model and ready to put it in the display case!