1/12 Tamiya Williams FW14B

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

TimGoheen
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: Timothy Goheen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Red Bull Max Verstappen
United States of America

Re: 1/12 Tamiya Williams FW14B

Post by TimGoheen »

What an awesome looking build !

Topic author
crashfasano
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and anyone in front of Lewis Hamilton
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

Happy freaking new year, it's snowing again. :( I've done some work on the dash and the switch box that attaches to the seat. I sprayed them with Vallejo Gloss Varnish to protect the decals. They were included with the Top Studio stuff. I put the screen in the dash, then coated it with Micro Kristal Klear. I think it actually looks like it's supposed to. There are 6 photo etch nuts on the dash, but they're not easy to see. i realized I'm getting close to finishing the cockpit, huh, little surprised there. After that it's on to the Top Studio Forward Bulkhead and dampers. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rugby gets rid of the frustration!

Wayne
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: DOUGLAS WAYNE SCOTT
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Favorite F1 team is Ferrari.
Canada

Post by Wayne »

Hi Crash. I am just starting my build of the FW14b so following yours with much interest. I have all the Top Studio sets (and also have no more money). They are excellent kits. I have started on the front bulkhead and the cockpit sets as I want to sort all that out before I glue the cowl in place. I'm also working through any mods to the tub and anything else that will cause a lot of rough handling of parts. As an FYI, I have ordered stuff (the TS sets among other bits) from a Canadian supplier outside Calgary. He is Paul's Models and More. No affiliation on my part, just a local vendor who carries good stuff and will save dough on shipping. And thanks for the lakeshore pics. I spent some time in the Peg during my working days. Oh, a question for you and other members of the forum. Have you sorted a color for the gold suspension parts?

Topic author
crashfasano
F2
F2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Michael Schumacher and anyone in front of Lewis Hamilton
Canada

Post by crashfasano »

Hi Wayne,
Welcome to the Forum. There's lots of amazing stuff in here, a lot of it way above my pay grade. I just used the Tamiya X colours for the gold. My modelling is sort of box stock. If I can afford it, I'll buy some upgrades like I did for this one. One piece of advice, when I attached the screws to hold the metal parts for the suspension on the back of the bulkhead, The screws pushed out the photo-etch nuts on the front. You might want to sand them down a little, put the screws in first, then add the nuts. Who'd have thought I'd be offering advice on this site?
Rugby gets rid of the frustration!

Wayne
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: DOUGLAS WAYNE SCOTT
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Favorite F1 team is Ferrari.
Canada

Post by Wayne »

Thanks, Crash. Good advice on the Bulkhead hardware. I am ready to accept any and all good input from fellow modellers.