Lancia Delta S4 M@r!b*r* – Beemax 1/24

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Spain

Re: Lancia Delta S4 M@r!b*r* – Beemax 1/24

Post by JesusM »

Continuamos con el Lancia Delta S4, en un punto que ya estaba queriendo llegar: la pintura de la carrocería! Y analizando el proceso, tenía que tener en cuenta que el interior también va pintado por lo que cual tendría que pintar antes? Que ocurre si pinto la carrocería exterior y después sale algo mal al pintar el interior? Que es preferible arreglar: el interior o el exterior? Cláramente, si tengo algo que arreglar, que sea en el interior, por lo que empiezo por ahí, y termino con el exterior.

We continue with the Lancia Delta S4, at a point that was already wanting to reach: the paint of the body! And analyzing the process, I had to take into account that the interior is also painted so which one would I have to paint first? What happens if I paint the exterior bodywork and then something goes wrong when painting the interior? Which is preferable to fix: the interior or the exterior? Clearly, if I have something to fix, let it be inside, so I start inside, and I will end with the outside.

Empezamos por la trampilla que hay en el capo delantero, que va en color kevlar con sus nervios en negro. La siguiente secuencia de fotos, muestro su proceso: Una vez enmascarada la imprimación de la parte exterior, decido pintar todo de negro semimate de Zero.. A continuación, enmascaro los nervios con IZU de 1,5mm. Pintamos todo con color Kevlar de Zero Paint. Retiramos la máscara y sombreamos con el mismo negro semimate de Zero:

We start with the hatch on the front bonnet, which is Kevlar with black nerves inside. I show you this process in the following sequence of photos: Once the primer on the outside is masked, I decide to paint everything in Zero’s semi-matt black. Next, I mask the nerves with 1.5mm IZU. We paint everything with Kevlar color from Zero Paint. We remove the mask and shade with the same semi-matte black as Zero:

En el resto de la carrocería, hacemos solo los pasos finales, es decir, pintamos en Kevlar y sombreamos con el negro semimate de Zero, siempre muy flojo para ir cubriendo poco a poco, incidieendo el las aristas y dejando sin aplicar en el centro de los paneles:

In the rest of the bodywork, we only do the two previous final steps, I mean, we paint in Kevlar first and shade with Zero’s semi-matte black, always very loose to cover little by little, affecting the edges and leaving the center of the panels:

Una vez seco el interior, lo enmascaramos para pintar el exterior:

Once the interior is dry, we mask it to paint the exterior:

Y aquí está, con 3 manos de blanco brillante de Zero Paints:

And here it is, with 3 shiny white coats from Zero Paints:

Y después del blanco, viene el enmascarado para el rojo M@r!b*r*. Aquí tardé cerca de 3 horas porque las lineas atravesaban partes de la carrocería que se separaban y había que mantenerlas rectas. Un ejemplo, es la marca enmascarada del alerón trasero que irá de blanco, siendo el resto rojo:

And after the white, it comes the masked for the M@r!b*r* red. Here it took me about 3 hours because the lines were going through parts of the body that were separated and they had to be kept straight. An example is the masked mark on the rear wing that will be white, being the rest red:

Solo deciros, que en esta pieza, en vez de enmascarar con cinta, le puse líquido para enmascarar Vallejo por su forma tan complicada:

Just tell you that in this piece, instead of masking with tape, I put liquid to mask Vallejo because of its complicated shape:

Y vamos a por la pintura. Ya está todo enmascarado y con ganas de usar el Rojo M@r!b*r* de Gravity-Spain. Les he dado a todas las piezas 3 manos de pintura, desde una primera capa muy ligera hasta la tercera en que cubría ya todo. Entre cada mano, he dejado esperar el tiempo en que pintaba el resto de las piezas, entre 5 y 10 minutos. Y la variación entre capas, la podéis ver en esta secuencia, realizada en las tomas de aire laterales:

And let’s go for the paint. Everything is already masked and wanting to use the M@r!b*r* Red from Gravity-Spain. I have given 3 coats of paint to all the pieces, from a very light first coat to the third one in which it was already covered everything. Between each coat, I have allowed the time in which I painted the rest of the pieces to wait, between 5 and 10 minutes. And you can see the variation between layers in this sequence, done in the side air intakes:

A continuación os muestro las piezas pintadas: trampilla delantera del capó, alerón y fotograbados.

Next, I show you the painted parts: front hood hatch, spoiler and photo-etched parts.

Y las tres piezas que componen la carrocería:

And the three parts that make up the body:

Una vez seco, con mucha impaciencia, eliminé el enmascarado siendo éste es el resultado, con las piezas superpuestas: un resultado del que estoy muy contento!!

Once dry, with great impatience, I eliminated the masking, this being the result, with the overlapping pieces: a result that I am very happy with !!

Ahora es turno de pintar los dos logos de M@r!b*r* de las puertas, barnizar, poner calcas y…lacar! Pero todo eso en el próximo post!. Gracias por ver y comentar!

Now it’s time to paint the two M@r!b*r* logos on the doors, varnish, put decals and … lacquer! But all that in the next post! Thanks for viewing and commenting!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Continuamos con el Delta S4 en una fase donde ya se ven resultados importantes. Una vez dado el color, es hora de poner las calcas y de darle brillo. Pero empecemos desde el principio. La tapa superior del porton delantero, sigue dando problemas ya que la superficie es curva, y pegar el fotograbado. Y como estaba arreglándola, aproveché a repasar un poco la superficie pues tenía un agujero en el centro, y una salto de superficie en un lateral. Tuve que enmasillar, lijar, pintar de blanco de nuevo.

We continue with the Delta S4 in a phase where important results are already being seen. Once the color is given, it is time to put on the decals and give it a shine. But let’s start from the beginning. The upper cover of the front door, continues giving problems since the surface is curved, and paste the photoetch And as I was fixing it, I took the opportunity to go over the surface a bit because it had a hole in the center, and a surface jump on one side. I had to caulk, sand, paint white again.

Lo siguiente fue poner las máscaras de los logos laterales, para pintarlos con el color de la carrocería. No recuerdo si las máscaras estaban con el primer juego de calcas o con el de KMP.

The next step was to add the masks of the side logos, to paint them with the color of the body. I don’t remember if the masks were with the first set of decals or with the KMP one.

En este punto, ya estaba listo para dar una mano de barniz para poner las calcas a continuación. Pero el barniz prediluido de Zero no funcionó bien con la pintura roja de Gravity: empezó a disolverla haciéndola rosa. La suerte fue que empecé en una toma de aire lateral, que no iba a tener calcas, y que se podría tratar más fácilmente. Pero, qué hacía ahora? Y por esas fechas, recibí unos productos nuevos que tenía para probar, y que ya los había aplicado en cucharas. Y como me fueron bien, pues los usé en este kit. En concreto, usé el barniz prediluido, con 2 capas muy finas y otra más húmeda para dar brillo. El resultado fue bueno:

At this point, I was ready to give a coat of varnish to put on the decals later. But Zero’s prediluted varnish didn’t work well with Gravity’s red paint: it started to dissolve it the paint turning it to pink. The luck was that I started with a side air intake, which was not going to have decals, and which could be treated more easily. But what could I do then? And around that time, I received some new products that I had to test, and that I had already applied them in spoons. And since they were good for me, I used them in this kit. In particular, I used the prediluted varnish, with 2 very thin coats and another one more humid to give shine. The result was good:

Y después de que estuviera seco, puse las calcas. Sin problemas con las de KMP!! Y este es el resultado:

And after it was dry, I put the decals on. No problems with the KMP ones !! And this is the result:

Algún comentario: La calca de “LANCIA ESPAÑA” de KMP no tenía la parte superior de la Ñ, con lo que usé la del primer juego de calcas que encargué localmente hace años a ARTECNODECALS:

One comment about the KMP decals: The “LANCIA ESPAÑA” decal from KMP did not have the upper part of the Ñ, so I used the one from the first set of decals that I ordered locally from ARTECNODECALS years ago:

Aquí vemos la pieza que tuve que repinar de nuevo en rojo:

Here we see the piece that I had to repaint again in red:

Como dato curioso, al poner las fotos en FB, un amigo llamado Juan Manuel Crespo, me dijo que faltaban los logos de Lancia en los laterales del alerón, en las puertas y en el frente. Y era cierto, los busqué y aunque la hoja de calcas de KMP no las tenía, usé las de Artecnodecals, que si las llevaba. Y aquí están! Gracias Juan Manuel!!

As a curious fact, when I put the photos on FB, a friend named Juan Manuel Crespo told me that the Lancia logos were missing on the sides of the spoiler, on the doors and on the front. And he was true, I looked for them and although the KMP decal sheet did not have them, I used the Artecnodecals ones, which I did have. And here they are! Thanks Juan Manuel !!

Una vez puestas las calcas, enmascaré la carrocería por dentro, para el proceso de lacado con la marca Gravity:

Once the decals were put on, I masked the body inside, for the lacquering process with the Gravity brand:

Y este es el resultado. Un poco gruesa para mi gusto pero es aceptable:

And this is the result. A little thick from my opinion but it is acceptable:

Y al secar, tenía que ponerla en el chasis!!! El resultado es muy bueno!!!

And when drying, I had to put it on the chassis !!! The result is very good!!!

Lo próximo será empezar a poner detalles para el acabado final!! Gracias por ver y comentar!!

The next step will be to start putting details for the final finish !! Thanks for viewing and commenting!!

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

Oh no! The Images are not showing up for me!!!!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

steveracer wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm Oh no! The Images are not showing up for me!!!!
Steve, there is something to do in the chrome setup to see the pictures. I think there is a post about it.

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

Ok thanks. So I am waiting in a long line at the grocery store. I can see the images on my Apple device via safari. So yes thank you for the tip!

Looking good! I want to get this kit! Brings back good memories of Olympus - last group rally!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Nice job Jesus!
Take a stand!

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

gp-models wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:12 am Nice job Jesus!
Thanks!! :D

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Una vez que la carrocería está lacada, lo siguiente es empezar a detallarla tanto por dentro como por afuera. Y lo primero que hago es enmascarar para pintar de negro semimate de Tamiya X18, los laterales inferiores de las puertas, los intermitentes y los faros traseros, ya que ambos, llevan un reborde negro.

Once the bodywork is lacquered, the next thing to do is to start detailing it both inside and out. And the first thing I do is to mask for painting in Tamiya X18 semi-matt black, the lower sides of the doors, the indicators and the rear lights, as both have a black rim.

Si quitamos la máscara, los faros traseros tienen los bordes con las esquinas rectas del color negro, siendo en real redondeadas. Para conseguirlo, cojo un bastoncillo de Mr. Hobby, lo mojo en diluyente X20A y lo escurro. Y con él, froto las esquinas para redondear el borde poco a poco.

If we remove the mask, the taillights have the edges with the straight corners of the black colour, being in real rounded. To achieve this, I take a Mr. Hobby swab, dip it in X20A thinner and wring it out. And with it, I rub the corners to round the edge little by little.

Pasamos al cockpit, que lleva una capa de material inflamable por el interior. Este lo vamos a reproducir con el papel que traen las cajetillas de tabaco, que guardé con cuidado cuando fumaba.

We move on to the cockpit, which has a layer of flammable material on the inside. We are going to reproduce this with the paper that comes with the cigarette packets, which I kept carefully when I smoked.

Esta papel lo recorto según las formas y lo pego con cola blanca por el interior, siendo éste el resultado:

I cut out the paper according to the shapes and glue it with white glue on the inside, and this is the result:

Una de las calcas que he dejado para este punto es la de Purolator, que iba encima del color negor. Pero antes, y como base, le he puesto otra blanca:

One of the decals I have left for this point is the one from Purolator, which was on top of the black one. But before, and as a base, I put another white one:

Pasamos a la parte delantera, la cual leva un fotograbado en la parte de abajo, que pego con ciano y lo sujeto con pinzas:

We move on to the front, which has a photoengraving on the bottom, which I glue with cyano and clamp it with tweezers:

Sobre esta pieza, recorto un trozo de calca de fibra de la que he usado anteriormente….

On this piece, I cut a piece of fibre decal from the one I used previously…..

….y la colocamos.

…. and we place it.

También ponemos los fotograbados rojos, y los blancos del frontal, utilizando de prueba, el pegamento de MIG para metales y cristales. siendo el resultado muy bueno.

We also put the red photoetched parts, and the white ones on the front, using the MIG glue for metals and glass as a test, and the result was very good.

Y ese es el mismo pegamento que uso para los remaches que pongo en el frontal. Los que usado en la fibra, son remaches simulados que pertenecen a Top Studio, en la medida de 0,7 mm. Hayq ue detallar, que hay dos fijaciones a los lados de la rejilla frontal, que sirven para los faros auxiliares, y que he hecho con una arandela por donde he metido los dos extremos de un cable..

And that’s the same glue I use for the rivets I put on the front. The ones I used on the fibre are simulated rivets from Top Studio, in the 0,7 mm size. There are two fixings on the sides of the front grille, which are used for the auxiliary headlights, and which I have made with a washer through which I have put the two ends of a cable…

Para el intermitente, que había pintado de negro semimate, he recortado un rectángulo del adhesivo espejo de Hasegawa, y después, lo he pintado con un rotulador Edding de color naranja.

For the indicator, which I had painted semi-matt black, I cut out a rectangle from the Hasegawa mirror sticker, and then painted it with an orange Edding marker.

También he puesto los remaches simulados de Top Studio en el alerón trasero:

I have also put the Top Studio simulated rivets on the rear wing:

Para las matrículas, he recortado un rectángulo como base del metal que tenían los antiguos diskettes de los ordenadores. Una irá detrás, y la de delante va detrás de los asientos:

For the number plates, I have cut out a rectangle as a base from the metal of the old computer floppy disks. One will go on the back, and the front one will go behind the seats:

Un consejo que mi amigo Juanlu me dio fue que pusiera polvo por las ruedas, y para ello usé el XF-57 con una plantilla de papel. Decir que ese mismo polvo lo di también en el motor y en la parte delantera. Recordad, que la base “sucia” de las llantas la hice con el producto de AK que véis en la foto.

A piece of advice that my friend Juanlu gave me was to put powder on the wheels, and for that I used the XF-57 with a paper template. I also put the same powder on the engine and the front part. Remember that I did the “dirty” base of the rims with the AK product that you can see in the photo.

Lo siguiente que hice fue los cables de las luces. Como el capó y el portón trasero irán abiertos, los cables se tenían que ver y me dispuse a hacerlos. Para ello, usé tubo termoretráctil, estaño, y cable negro de 0,3 mm. El estaño lo meto por el tubo termoretráctil para dar la forma que quiero, y después lo caliento para que se ajuste, como guía de los cables. Así, los cables de 0,3 mm son los que llegan a los pilotos:

The next thing I did was the light wires. Since the hood and tailgate will be open, the cables had to be seen and I set about making them. For this, I used heat shrink tubing, tin, and 0.3mm black wire. I put the tin through the heat shrink tubing to give the shape I want, and then heat it up to fit, as a guide for the cables. Thus, the 0.3 mm cables are the ones that reach the pilots:

Y aquí está el resultado antes de montarlos, con sus fijaciones realizadas con plastico blanco estirado. Solo flatarán los conectores electricos que se usan cuando capó y portón se quitan para trabajar en el coche.

And here is the result before mounting them, with their fixings made of stretched white plastic. Only the electrical connectors that are used when hood and tailgate are removed to work on the car will flare.

Y casi para terminar, le colocamos al portón, las entradas de aire de KMP que pinté anteriormente (con fibra y negro satinado), las piezas de las luces y los fotograbados:

And almost to finish, we put on the gate, the KMP air inlets that I painted earlier (with fiber and satin black), the parts of the lights and the photo-etched parts:

Decir que tanto al capó como al portón, después de poner los cables, le aplicaré un poco de polvo para ensuciarlo un poco:

Say that both the hood and the gate, after laying the cables, I will apply a little powder to make it a bit dirty:

Y para terminar, aquí os dejo los cristales con las calcas negras puestas, y con el borde pintado de blanco Tamiya LP en los del piloto y copiloto:

And to finish, here you have the crystals with the black decals on, and with the edge painted in white Tamiya LP on the pilot and co-pilot:

Ya va quedando menos!! Gracias por mirar y comentar!!

There is less left !! Thanks for looking and commenting !!

Malcolm
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Malcolm
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by Malcolm »

Sorry - I'm not wanting to hijack your thread. But I cannot see any of your images - I cannot even 'click' on the image icon. I can see images on the threads before and after this one.

Topic author
JesusM
Backmarker
Backmarker
Spain

Post by JesusM »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:29 am Sorry - I'm not wanting to hijack your thread. But I cannot see any of your images - I cannot even 'click' on the image icon. I can see images on the threads before and after this one.
Hi Malcom, it happened the same for me in the office PC, where it was not allowed, but I changed the following:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31671

You have to change two permissions inside Chrome, F1M url's.
NOw, I can see my own pictures!!

Regards
Jesus