Tyrrell P34 mega build up!! RESURRECTION!!

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Tyrrell P34 mega build up!!

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Thanks everyone for all your comments!!!
Steffen_T wrote:Hello Icon-Modeler,

that is a really impressive project you have started there. I am looking forward to see how it is going to develop.
When I saw the picture of all the unstarted kits one question came in my mind:
What's about the decals? At first there are no GY decals in the new released Japan GP P34 and additionaly I noticed on my two 1976 P34s that the decals of the earlier released kits are not as opaque then those from the later released decals.
How are you going to handle this? Are you going to use replacement decals for all the cars?

Good luck!

Steffen,

I have thought about the decal issue. At this point I'm not sure what direction I will go but rest easy knowing it is being thought about.

Thanks
jordan wrote:..just to get you on the right track.. :lol: order another Iritani kit... :lol:
Jody testing some aerodynamics on the exp.version in winter 1975..note the" windows" already in the cowling..

Alex Nahooy.
Alex, Your killing me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriusly though, when I asked if you had pictures I was speaking of the Italian GP all blue car. Do you have any for that event??

Thanks
drledford93 wrote:Your stash of P34s is almost as large as my entire stash of kits! I showed my wife that I'm not near the edge of sanity by the pic of your project and she hasn't said a word since!

This has to be the most ambitious project I have ever seen, anywhere. No superlative is in existence that can explain this build!

Thanks for saving my hobby and my marriage! (Ok, not really, but it sounded good...)

Daniel
Glad I could help. But if you show her the attached list of my collection she will NEVER bother you again!!!!!!!

Thanks again guys,,,,,, Icon Modeler
Attachments
MODEL LIST.zip
(155.62 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by roly01 »

Icon_Modeler wrote:But if you show her the attached list of my collection she will NEVER bother you again!!!!!!!

Thanks again guys,,,,,, Icon Modeler
What kind of list is that.........are any of these build or is this your short list of your to do pile.
This cann't be for real.
Close to 2400 models worth close to $200.000,00 US.
And than I though having about 60 kits in my to do pile I have a big stack of kits, but that's nothing compared to what you have.
And I think I might not have enough time in my live to complete my stack, where on earth will you find the time to do all of these?
All the best of luck anyway and no I'm not jealous.

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

Roly01.....somewhere on this form ,icon has posted pics of his collection,its real!!....maybe someone can give the link...joe

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by roly01 »

Yes,

After I posted my answere I remembered it aswell.
The whole attick full of kits.....just unbeleaveble.
I searched that topic but there are no more pics.

Post by Guest »

why you make so much cars.are you a builder proffesor or do you teach modelmaking?
ben

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

zakspeed-ford wrote:why you make so much cars.are you a builder proffesor or do you teach modelmaking?
ben
They are all different versions. Each one has changes significant enough at least for me to want to build a model depicting the changes. Am I a professor or do I teach modelmakeing? Absolutely not, there are too many things for me to learn from the guys on this board!!!!!!!!

Icon Modeler

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

Icon_Modeler wrote:
zakspeed-ford wrote:why you make so much cars.are you a builder proffesor or do you teach modelmaking?
ben
They are all different versions. Each one has changes significant enough at least for me to want to build a model depicting the changes. Am I a professor or do I teach modelmakeing? Absolutely not, there are too many things for me to learn from the guys on this board!!!!!!!!

Icon Modeler

He is just being modest! I have seen his work and frankly his skills are as impressive as his collection.

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by roly01 »

Just to make it more interesting (or not).
Did anybody know about this version?
Attachments
Sanstitrescd.gif

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Roly,

That looks to be the same as the Depailler Austria car. I think Alex said in another thread that Scheckter ended up not using the air box during the race so this was maybe a practice shot.

Icon Modeler

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Icon_Modeler wrote:Roly,

That looks to be the same as the Depailler Austria car. I think Alex said in another thread that Scheckter ended up not using the air box during the race so this was maybe a practice shot.

Icon Modeler
Guys,
This is the 1976 Sweden car..Typical for Sweden was the red/white round sticker on the front of the cowling..You can also see that Jody still
had the cowling with the cooling slots from the previous GP (Monaco)..but it was "taped"off in Sweden..In practice Jody tested 3 different airboxes ( the "roof" shaped with the green foam - the "cut" high airbox (from the picture) and the "Spanish" dual intake airbox..so the picture
is a practice shot from Sweden GP..

Alex Nahooy.

PS:Below you find a Sweden GP practice pic of the dual intake airbox..note the round sticker again that proves it is from Sweden..
Attachments
img195.jpg
Sweden practice.jpg