The road to Le Mans 23` 100th Anyversary

Post away...

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

The road to Le Mans 23` 100th Anyversary

Post by gp-models »

We are getting closer to the 100th edition of the 24h Le Mans this year and i`m looking forward to a geat racing weekend. :)

The starter field is a big mix of a lot of brands again, should be very interesting!
Anyone else who is watching or maybe watching live?
Take a stand!

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Re: The road to Le Mans 23` 100th Anyversary

Post by capri-schorsch »

Will watch it as usual as every year.
But only at home on the TV. We will go to the Porsche Festival of Dreams at Hockenheim, and watch Moto GP at Mugello and the LeMans race in TV .
Love it!
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Hoping to be there for the anniversary in person. It being the 100th running plus having the big manufacturers duke it out in the top class is another huge selling point for me.
Planning the route to get there atm trying to fit in some sightseeing. I'm a bit torn as the things I want to see would have me take a route not via Paris, which I also want to see again. It's going to be the first out of country experience since 2019.
If anyone knows of a (free) stream for the race - I'd love to record that for posterity as when you're at the track in an area where there's no Radio Le Mans or no big video wall, you pretty much don't know what's going on. I keep thinking to buy the RLM headsets but never end up doing it and only listen to it near the video walls or back at my estate car ("camper, light version" :D)
Cheers,
Roman

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

sky1911 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:08 pm Hoping to be there for the anniversary in person. It being the 100th running plus having the big manufacturers duke it out in the top class is another huge selling point for me.
Planning the route to get there atm trying to fit in some sightseeing. I'm a bit torn as the things I want to see would have me take a route not via Paris, which I also want to see again. It's going to be the first out of country experience since 2019.
If anyone knows of a (free) stream for the race - I'd love to record that for posterity as when you're at the track in an area where there's no Radio Le Mans or no big video wall, you pretty much don't know what's going on. I keep thinking to buy the RLM headsets but never end up doing it and only listen to it near the video walls or back at my estate car ("camper, light version" :D)
All of the races are shown on YouTube after the race weekend. If you aren't able to see these in your home country, I can record them for you after the fact and give you a download link.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Are they showing them full lenght after the race? I remember in the past that you would only get snippets here and there. But the full 24h coverage was gone in some dark archives. If they are showing it on yt live, I might have to look for the stream URL and feed it to my server so it can record it. I guess I better free up some gigabytes today :)
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

capri-schorsch wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:37 pm Will watch it as usual as every year.
But only at home on the TV. We will go to the Porsche Festival of Dreams at Hockenheim, and watch Moto GP at Mugello and the LeMans race in TV .
Love it!
Yes it will be a real Racing weekend and i can`t wait to see the start, also Moto GP, i will be switching on TV like mad for sure :lol:

I hope that Eurosport will cover most of the race again, but maybe some others as well, like to follow live!
I`ve never seen a full live stream, even on youtube, but if anyone finds such stream, it would be great if he can post it here. :)

Hurry up Roman, and take a good bunch of pics if your running there. :)
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

sky1911 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:56 am Are they showing them full lenght after the race? I remember in the past that you would only get snippets here and there. But the full 24h coverage was gone in some dark archives. If they are showing it on yt live, I might have to look for the stream URL and feed it to my server so it can record it. I guess I better free up some gigabytes today :)
Yes. They've been doing this for a few years now, with the races showing up 2 to 6 weeks after it is live. After the WEC app became unavailable to watch the races, this is how I get them now. I don't have an interest in supporting the US channel which is just a reality tv network.

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

gp-models wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:58 am
Yes it will be a real Racing weekend and i can`t wait to see the start, also Moto GP, i will be switching on TV like mad for sure :lol:

I hope that Eurosport will cover most of the race again, but maybe some others as well, like to follow live!
I`ve never seen a full live stream, even on youtube, but if anyone finds such stream, it would be great if he can post it here. :)
Here's the link for the first part of last year's race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwpQgDLPV58
As you can see it was posted mid July so I'd expect the same this year.

Eurosport will cover the whole race but switch between the free channel 1 and the pay-TV channel 2 "because of the french open".
So the start and finish will only be shown on channel 2.
In Germany you have RTL Nitro covering the whole race from start to finish as well though :-)

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank`s Joachim, i keep an eye on Nitro :)
Take a stand!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Also, for those outside of the US and Canada, you can watch on the official WEC app which typically has a trial. I used to subscribe to it and it was great, but they geo-blocked it here in the US because they signed a deal with the reality tv channel MotorTrend.