1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post away...

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Re: 1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post by plastiksurgeon »

Spectacular ! So happy to see someone pick up where Tamiya left off....
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

We've covered this a bit in the New Plastic build thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32303&hilit=new+plastic. There were some notes from a few months ago, looks like August is the earliest it will come out.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Well here is my question. What motivated Nunu to go for a 1/12th kit of an F1 30+ years ago?

DucPilot
Spectator
Spectator

Post by DucPilot »

Hey Steve, Here you go.
From my friend George Gtziaf.
Don

Attachments
1_12_MP4.jpg

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

SBEST wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:43 pm Well here is my question. What motivated Nunu to go for a 1/12th kit of an F1 30+ years ago?
I suppose that the Senna factor. On the other hand, we’v Lived enough to see a change of POV. We were used to “recent or current subject “ releases. But now, for already a long time we’ve seen releases of “classic “ labeled cars.
When Airfix released their Bismarck it had been sunk just 18 years ago. And it looks like an old subject. Curious, half the age of the Lotus!
Ayrton is a myth, both for us who watched him race and youngsters of following generation :wink:

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

SBEST wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:43 pm Well here is my question. What motivated Nunu to go for a 1/12th kit of an F1 30+ years ago?
Its a great question. I suspect part of the answeris the people who watch current f1, don’t model - and people who model don’t watch current f1. Gross generalisation, but different mkts?

I’d be really curious to see the age distribution of folks on this site?

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

Well, Aoshima/Beemax were interested at doing the 1980s F1 Series which was very nostalgic, also the kits are simple enough that complicated turning vanes and add-ons are not anywhere around. The cars were clean, fast and exciting with the 1.5 Litre Twin-Turbo Engine that can go to 1,500 bhp+ in qualifying trim and 900 bhp+ in race trim.

Also, the big difference with the license fees are significantly less by law with declining years. Unlike the ransom being paid by Tamiya with their Red Bull and Ferrari kits in the 2010s because they were current models. The World Champion Cars of '83 to '86 with their 1:20 offering, now with the Senna Lotus 99T and Mclaren Mp4/4, are still generating interests. Compared with the MFH or even the Tamiya 1:12 kits, Nunu can keep the costs down because of that.

Therefore, why not if there is a demand for 1:12 just like MFH, plus Senna is always a hot seller. Also with Nakajima as the very first full-time F-1 Pilot helps as well.
Canice

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

43rdMichael wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:04 pm
Its a great question. I suspect part of the answeris the people who watch current f1, don’t model - and people who model don’t watch current f1. Gross generalisation, but different mkts?

I’d be really curious to see the age distribution of folks on this site?
I totally agree with your logic Michael!!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Looking forward to what`s inside the detail set but i expect it will not be very much or a large set.
Take a stand!

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

gp-models wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:27 pm Looking forward to what`s inside the detail set but i expect it will not be very much or a large set.
Well, i assume someone has the test shots of this kit for the detail/decal sets.