Meeeerry Christmas one and all!!!

Post away...

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Meeeerry Christmas one and all!!!

Post by JamesB »

“Parlor”, ha! Sounds like “do the chairs in your parlor, seem empty and bare” from the Elvis song :D :D
Wow great program! The barbecue stuff looks tasty :P

Luzne
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Pierluigi
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Tyrrell
Italy

Post by Luzne »

Merry Christmas to all F1M friends and families!

In Italy we make Christmas trees and Christmas nativity scenes called "presepe", so, this is a "full throttle presepe" I did some years ago... :wink:
Presepe1.jpg
Presepe2.jpg
Presepe3.jpg
Sorry for pics quality, but it was early/mid 90s

Ciao
Pierluigi
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Looovely!

fade_to_black
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by fade_to_black »

A little late, but Merry Christmas everyone!

Here in Portugal, is similar to what JamesB described.
The Christmas tree, the Presépio, which is a diorama of the Jesus birth in Belém, with the stable, the figures, etc
Also, lots of food: Codfish with potatoes and cabbage on 24th and roast meet on 25th. For dessert, lot of cakes, such as King cake (which I skip, because it's full nuts and almonds and other stuff...), a chocolate cake that simulates a tree log and many other goodies
But for me, the best day is 26th, which I spend modelling!
One of dearest memories was of a Christmas where I received a Peugeot 206 WRC. I start build it and for the first time, I manage to do a good job with decals! :D :D :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing your Christmas guys! All the best and keep safe!
Finishing: Sauber C30; Lotus 107C
Next: Porsche 917k; Ford Focus WRC 2010

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Thanks! :D
Yes, I see that Portugal, Italy and Spain share a good part of the season myths :D and rites.
I hope you all had a really great New Year entry :D
I wish you all a year full of HEALTH, HEALTH and contact with the near ones.
Here we ads a mixed schecule. It´s usual to meet (literally thousands of people) in the main cities squares where everyone waits for the local "Big Ben" to make the 12 nangs!!! and have 12 grape grains, one with each. Obviously this year we had these events either cancelled or done with much fewer people.
Also in the homes, it was a night of everyone at their own and video calls.
Let´s hope next year is different (hmmm we said the same 12 months ago :roll: :roll: )

Well, here we have the last Christmas stand (here the season itself lasts some 12 days, but starting, instead of ending, the 25th) which is our Reyes Magos (january 6th in the morning) making the same that Santa does elsewhere.
Me, well I have few memories relayed to F1 modeling and Xmas... when I started building F1, I was old enough to chose the models myself and in fact I don´t remember a single F1 car gifted by my parents.
My memories of models and Christmas are related with 1-72 planes, and Airfix 1/600 ships...
I was amazed that I asked for a scale Bismarck, and boom like that! it existed and the MMKK (MAgic Kings) brought it! A Hood? here we go!
Then one Christmas, afer I ahd bought my first car model (1978, I think!) that was a 1/32 Matchbox Aston Martin Ulster, my parents surprised me really with an impressive Monogram Duesenberg SJ. Jeez!!! I didn´t know there could be such a huuuuuge car model.
Besides they put suspense on it. First they took out a 1/32 Jaguar that was like... 5 times smaller and then the BIG surprise.
Otherwise, I remember the winter I made my first F1 models.I had been gifted the GRANDS PRIX book by Gerard Flocon, I was absolutey hooked and made my first model with plaster and plastic sheets. It was 1/32ish, and I looked everywhere for suitable wheels till I opted for Scalextric ones. I recall I was impatient for shop to reopen after a holiday to purchase Ferrari/Agip decals that I read that were available in the brochure. I had made a quite loose version of 126C.
Then there was a Christmas memory shared (I suppose) by many of my generation. While I was in my early teens, in Spain the Scalextric became really popular. We´d build the track at the start of the Xmas holidays, it was in the middle of the dining room. When the home family schedule would include people transit, or by nights, we´d push the track under the typical low table that all families used to have between the sofa and the TV. And then pull it out again to play when facts allowed.
My little dog went like crazy after the cars. She did not care too much when they were still, but OMG when they moved!! :lol: :lol:
HAppy Reyes for all!