Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K

Post away...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K

Post by gp-models »

I also would say that a surface which is even in direction with the buildplate causes trouble, best is you have an angle when looking from the front and sideview.
About the different sizes in the prints between you printer and the industrial, i don`t kn9ow if you have chitubox 1.9. or 1.8., in 1.9 you have some settings where you can correct the size in x,y and z axis. I`m still not confirm in that, i installed the new version but i use the older one on my Mars but the extension of settings might fix that issue too. I`m going the long way and change the CAD files to get the size i want, sometimes quiet boring cause it can take 2 or 3 or more prints to find the right sizes.
Finaly i would go for the angle and some more supports, then have a look which mistakes are left over maybe.
Take a stand!

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Thanks guys for all of your suggestions.

Yes I have done a RERF print and that did help with things like the supported side of the print coming out flat and without build up of over exposed resin leading to a lumpy surface.

However as I stated, I have tried different angles. I have also tried angling the part in two directions. This has had little to no effect in eliminating the wave I've been getting in the part. I have also tried different matrix of supports both large and small and from different attachment points with again little to no change in the result.

I have not tried adjusting any of the lift settings as suggested so maybe that is an option.

I have two machines so my next step is the try printing the same file on my second machine to see if maybe it is a hardware issue.

I don't like the idea of adding tabs or extra structure to the part to keep it aligned as this just adds work to the post processing of the finished part. I'm trying to eliminate just that by not having to deal with this wave in the post processing of the finished part.

The wave is not a super big deal for me, it's just that I know it could be better.
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports