Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K

Post away...

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K

Post by Icon_Modeler »

I just tried to order a Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K but stopped in my tracks when I got to the shipping. They wanted $447 for shipping. I realize that this is a large and probably heavy item but $447 seems a bit high. Does anyone know of a cheaper way to purchase one of these machines??

Thanks!!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K

Post by steinietrabi »

Sent you a PM.
Greetings Thomas

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

There are a couple of resellers, but they're no cheaper than ordering direct from Phrozen, AFAIK. Check out Matterhackers and Ultimate 3D Printing Store.

Unfortunately, Phrozen is from Taiwan, not China, so they don't have the cheap, subsidized shipping costs that other manufacturers enjoy. I don't think $447 is terrible vs. FedEx or the like, but it IS a tough pill to swallow, and is the reason I went for the slightly smaller Jupiter vs the Mega 8K.
Je ne regrette rien.

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Thanks guys!!

These printers are all pre-orders right now. I think i'm going to wait until they are released world wide to see, #1 if the price comes down any and #2 see if the shipping is more reasonable. Shipping has to be cheaper through amazon prime.

Thanks again,

Derek

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

The Mega 8K has been out for 6 months to a year, so it's probably about as widespread as it's going to get - the Transform was never available through Amazon, AFAIK. If nothing else, the chip shortages are probably keeping things more limited. It'd be awesome if Phrozen could set up distribution centres in the US and Europe, as the shipping costs have to be hurting them compared to Elegoo and Anycubic, but I've never heard a peep about that.
Je ne regrette rien.

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

According to this which I think is the Phrozen web site the printer is not available until March 2022? Did they have an interruption in deliveries or is this a pre order because it has not been released yet??

https://phrozen3d.com/products/phrozen- ... 3d-printer

MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Post by MoFo »

That's just when the next production batch is shipping. It's been out in wide release for a while (looks like 3 months for the regular release, 6 months for the early birds).

From FEPshop, a European reseller, their batches came in:

Batch 1 – Sold out! – Arrived November 18 & Shipped
Batch 2 – Expected arrival 28 december 2022 – Sold out
Batch 3- Expected arrival 8 februari 2022 – A few units available
Batch 4- Expected arrival March 2022
Je ne regrette rien.

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

MoFo wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:32 pm I went for the slightly smaller Jupiter vs the Mega 8K.
Do you already got your Jupiter?
Saw some vids onYT where some guys received their Kickstarter version.

It sounds like a real cool machine but the whole size of it is awesome compared to a Saturn.
Any review from you?

Regards Christian
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

capri-schorsch wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:36 am
MoFo wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:32 pm I went for the slightly smaller Jupiter vs the Mega 8K.
Do you already got your Jupiter?
Saw some vids onYT where some guys received their Kickstarter version.

It sounds like a real cool machine but the whole size of it is awesome compared to a Saturn.
Any review from you?

Regards Christian

I don`t think so Christian,
the Elegoo Website is calling for a release date at end of march like the Phrozen too. The ones actually in Youtube videos seems to be a kind of promo version, but i`m also looking for the first responses about how good they will work. :)
Take a stand!

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

MoFo wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:02 am That's just when the next production batch is shipping. It's been out in wide release for a while (looks like 3 months for the regular release, 6 months for the early birds).

From FEPshop, a European reseller, their batches came in:

Batch 1 – Sold out! – Arrived November 18 & Shipped
Batch 2 – Expected arrival 28 december 2022 – Sold out
Batch 3- Expected arrival 8 februari 2022 – A few units available
Batch 4- Expected arrival March 2022
Ah!! I get it. Well I'm going to go ahead and get one ordered for March delivery and just bite the bullet on the shipping costs. I want to be able to print the chassis for my XJR-14 in one piece. I have tried doing it in multi piece prints and don't like the outcome. Maybe it is because of the limits of the Anycubic Mono-X but I keep getting variations / inconsistencies in the prints that I don't like. Then again it could be a limitation of the software.

Are there any professional style softwares available for use with these desk top 3D printers other then the manufacturer supplied stuff or the free versions available from Chitubox? I'm willing to pay for a better software if it will yield better results.