MFH news?

Post away...

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: MFH news?

Post by ronnie1972 »

Super excited about this! As a lifelong Superswede fan this is a must have, his one & only LM ride. And it appears to include the roof bubble for he & Derek’s #7 mount. The earlier 1/24 version required fabricating one.

gtziaf
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: George
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari - Gilles Villeneuve
Greece

Post by gtziaf »

sky1911 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:52 am
gtziaf wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:24 am This is the way, they use also for the alfa 33 stradale. Metal roof factory inserted to resin body.
Hi George,

have you built one like that? By now you probably know about my opinion on mixing resin and WM parts (doors for instance). How did that work for the 33 Stradale? As far as I remember I have not seen one built around here. I've only seen one guy on Facebook design, 3D-print and build a 33 Stradale all by himself.
No mate, I didn't build it yet. In youtube, there is a double Stradale built (one red - one yellow) and one just finished in my Model Factory Hiro builds, Facebook group.
Like you, I prefer not to mix the resin and metal parts for the bodies. But this solution seems to be quite good, especially because this mixed body comes pre-glued from the factory and is perfectly aligned (my Stradale example at least). I have many worries about this design, but seems to be quite nice, when you see it in person. Of course, this is my first opinion, and maybe will be changed when I start the Stradale.

I think they use this technic because is cheaper and easier to make one-piece mold bodies and these mixed bodies will be used more often in MFH kits, in the future.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Very nice. It will look good next to the 917K's in 1/12th scale.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

Full pictures up now. Looks very good, and the tires look 1970's big and fat!! Will have to wait to see it in person but the photos look great.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

I had high hopes it would be the short version...
I have the long version kit from ABC Brianza, not as good, but good enough for me, not spending 700 euro.
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well, what can I say? This is on my must have list. The short version is as well. So... I will get it, not sure when, after the last 2 weeks of buying frenzy, but it will eventually join the 917. I actually like the fact that they've chosen to display it next to a 917. The Penske Sunoco one will surely follow, maybe in early 2022, and again - must have for me, sigh.
The only thing that looks a bit weird in the shots is the front wheel in the head on side view. The position of the wheel and the forward end of the wheel arch seem to disagree with my references - the bottom end should be closer to the tyre than it is, but that should be an easy fix if it comes to that :)
Cheers,
Roman

jorgeralvear
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Jorge Alvear
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Kimi/Ferrari
Chile

Post by jorgeralvear »

That is a seriously nice model. Love the tires and the seats. The engine is well designed, too. Detailed up this model would be a jaw dropper.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I received the kit yesterday and it does look very nice. They have the underside and structural enclosures on the lift off body panels correct. Tires look pretty good as do the wheels. The opening doors are metal and will be rather heavy when assembled but are well done. Engine looks amazing. This kit will make Ronnie's car along with Clay's car and the car number #6 fastest Ferrari wich was 2 tenths of a second slower than the fastest Porsche 917. Clay caused a huge pile up in hour four wich took out 4 Ferrari 512S's and made it a easy ride for Porsche for their first win at Lemans in 1970 after trying for almost 20 years.

ronnie1972
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ronnie1972 »

I have one ordered & on the way, very much looking forward to its arrival. The accident that took out half of the Ferrari’s was started by Reine Wisell’s slow moving Scuderia Filipinetti 512, Reine could barely see because a car blew its engine in front of him and his windshield was coated with oil, as he approached Masion Blanche he got clobbered by Clay, who was unsighted by the NART Ferrari in front of him. Set off a mother of a shunt! Derek Bell managed to avoid the melee, but in the process over revved the engine which promptly scattered.

daves
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: David Sorensen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Post by daves »

Fedex delivered mine yesterday. Lots of holes to drill for the rivets. Will look great with my 917 collections.

Dave