baggen
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Ferrari
Sweden

Get in touch with US Postal Service?!

Post by baggen »

Hi,
On May the 11th, the US Postal Service recieved a package from a company in US for further transport to Sweden. Since then nothing have happened. When I enter the tacking number on their site, it say's:
"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on May 11, 2021 at 12:33 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." I have checked with the Swedish Post and they haven't recieved the package.
When I try to get in touch with USPS, it's absolutely impossible! You are directed from one page to another in a never-ending loop. I have also emailed the vendor twice and asked him if he can help me, but he haven't respond to my mails.
So I wonder if there is someone here who might have an email-address to a person/office at USPS who might be able to help me with this issue.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

//Paul

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Get in touch with US Postal Service?!

Post by JamesB »

Best wishes but something similar happens with registered mail from Spain. Once in US soil, USPS declines their responsibility (even if paid for), to keep tracking of pack . But yes there should be some way to complain in US if some kind F1m fellow (you’ll surely find one) can help...

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

postal services only answer requests of owner of parcel, that is sender. They used to be more flexible, but now are very strickt about this.
I'd get my money back if possible, after all, 3+ months seem too long.

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

In my experience it's better to try to contact customer service of Postal Services by Twitter.
But overall Wim is right, sender only....
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

The lack of tracking is normal. Unless it was sent priority mail (very expensive), what you got was not a tracking number, it was a customs number. The package only tracks while it is within the US. As soon as it leaves the US tracking stops and your only course of action is to contact your customs office to see if they've received it. That said, Wim is right - 3months is too long. 3 weeks is the normal upper limit, and with me personally 6 weeks is the point of considering it lost. My experience is that something sent internationally will arrive in 3 weeks or less 90-95% of the time. For those that don't arrive in 3 weeks - 95% of the time they still show up by 6 weeks. I've only had a small handful (out of thousands) of packages arrive after 6 weeks.

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

If Postnord is involved I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the way back to USA. I had a parcel from Hannant's that never got delivered.
I got a notice from Hannant's that they got it in return but had no idea of why. They resent it so it took three month for me to get the parcel.

Eagle
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All American Racers
United States of America

Post by Eagle »

I sent a package to Malaysia earlier this yearn March that was trackable until it reached the country, then the package disappeared, then, FIVE months later it was delivered. I have put in a claim for insurance but they never responded ---until last week to tell me the package was delivered--3 weeks after I knew it had been.
Be patient, they are overwhelmed, airports have backlogs due to due lack of air freight space on planes, there are container ships in NY harbor and offshore waiting for unloading for months..............

Topic author
baggen
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Ferrari
Sweden

Post by baggen »

Eagle wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:53 am Be patient, they are overwhelmed, airports have backlogs due to due lack of air freight space on planes, there are container ships in NY harbor and offshore waiting for unloading for months..............
In this case, I've had the patience of an angel...The items were ordered and payed in July 2019. So when I recieved a mail sayin' that the parts were handed over to USPS (with a tracking number) I looked forward to get these parts in my hand this summer and to get things started with my kit. But I guess I can wait a little longer...Maybe Santa is a more trustworthy supplier... :cry:

Regards,
//Paul

Indy1977TX
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Penske Racing
United States of America

Post by Indy1977TX »

You can call the USPS. Their number can be found here: https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm Not sure how international caller work with US 800 numbers though.

Good luck on getting useful information from the USPS. I had a model coming from the UK to US. It sat in no man's land for over a month where Royal Mail said the USPS had it and the USPS said it was not received yet. When I would call, all I would get is there were no scans showing the USPS had it so they could not do anything for me. After a month it was scanned at the Intl Chicago center. Took another 10 days to get to me after the Chicago scan. 50 days in total. Same mate sent other kits to the US that were shipped later and arrived earlier. I do not get the inconsistencies.

Best of luck!
Jordan

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Jordan, maybe it was stuck in customs? I get those cryptic status messages, especially when ordering from Asia (China, Japan, ...). Once they are through customs things tend to be picking up the pace again. My Meng Fokker DR.Is were stuck for 10 or so days in somewhere in Chinese customs or whatnot. It felt like they were loading a ship and not a plane ;). Same is true on the receiving end. Once they got here, they got stuck in customs, but only for a day or two. If things are being shipped with DHL they will handle the customs stuff for you - and will request an additional fee after delivering, which can be annoying, for handling...
Cheers,
Roman