Hein
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Leyton House, Ferrari, Simtek
Austria

Re: My new hobby room

Post by Hein »

Thanks guys!!
Steffen_T wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:28 pm What a nice little room you have there. And so many interesting models.
Could that submarine on your desk being U96 from the movie 'Das Boot'?
I just wonder about the temperature in that room. Doesn't it getting quite cold there in the winter?
Yes U96 (Revell type VIIc 1:72)

The cold temeratures in the winter months is a thing, I have a infra red heating panel so when i sit there i have a little heating but when it is really cold there is no modelling there and my models go in "quarantaine" in a warmer place.
But most months of the year it is really nice here in this area of Austria.
In the near future we have planed a big renovation of the big farmer shed (living room) and then we will extend the central heating, that will be great, but for now it is good the way it is.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Good job, looks like a great place to model!
The only thing i have not seen for years is such a clean desktop. :lol:
Take a stand!

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Hein, I think adding a towel or a reshaped door to cover the gap at the bottom may do a great deal in improving the temps during winter (last shot). But that aside, awesome and clean mancave, eh modelling station :). And some pretty cool models there, too. Is that a WRX 643? If so kudos to you for decking it out in the Alesi scheme. I chickened out back then and did it in the Prost livery although I have always favoured Jean, because he was the underdog fighting like a lion, but ending up unlucky all but once (Canada). Oh and the ship on your receiver - is that the Black Pearl?
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
Hein
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Leyton House, Ferrari, Simtek
Austria

Post by Hein »

sky1911 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:24 am Hein, I think adding a towel or a reshaped door to cover the gap at the bottom may do a great deal in improving the temps during winter (last shot). But that aside, awesome and clean mancave, eh modelling station :). And some pretty cool models there, too. Is that a WRX 643? If so kudos to you for decking it out in the Alesi scheme. I chickened out back then and did it in the Prost livery although I have always favoured Jean, because he was the underdog fighting like a lion, but ending up unlucky all but once (Canada). Oh and the ship on your receiver - is that the Black Pearl?
Yes the big 643 it is, liked Alesi over Prost.

I will cover the gaps around the door with rubber anti-cold air profiles or/and make a thick curtain on the inside (like in old pubs..)

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

What a great setup, I also love Gaston :)

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

Very nice place, and beautiful builds. Loved the model of the house. I have here three kits on display in common with your hobby room: the FW190, the Nautilus and the Type VII. But mine are a lot smaller: 1/72, 1/350 and 1/350. I'm seriously lacking space to display my kits...