f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: Next Tamiya F1...???

Post by f1m »

Ebbro could if the RB licensing fee is not too outrageous. But look back at what the Tamiya RB6 kit cost to get an idea...

E

lezdep wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 pm I've counted 6 wins from 2019 and 2020 by cars with Honda engines (RBR - 5, AT - 1). If there was a desire from Tamiya or Ebbro to release one of those cars, we would have heard about it by now.
Still I don't see why there is no desire. Isn't F1 still popular in Japan ? Don't they like Honda winning ? Puzzles me.

smirkoff
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Post by smirkoff »

Ebbro tried to do a Toro Rosso in 2019, or at least displayed a 3D printed prototype in a toy fair, but gave up fast. But then there was no japanese driver in the team. For sure, if Tsunoda keep doing so well (and seems that the guy is the real thing), either Tamiya, or Ebbro, or Fujimi, or Hasegawa will go after RB to make some deal. Anyway, I expect some sort of "Kobayashi effect", that some renewed interest in F1 in Japan will lead to new releases and lots of rereleases.

TV exposure have a lot to do with the interest in racing kits in Japan. Indycar have very limited broadcast there, so even with TWO indy 500 wins, there's only a limited release of a resin kit to celebrate Takuma Sato's races. F1 there is still with Fuji TV, and now also with DAZN for streaming, but I don't know if the coverage is so extensive as it were in the 90's.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Don’t think the Red Bull licensing cost them that much, it was just that places actually charged msrp for it versus the F60

MPK
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ayrton Senna
Finland

Post by MPK »

2021 RB Honda might be nice...
Matti