United States of America

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!

Post by PJE »

Peace on earth. Be well. Be safe.

Paul Erlendson

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Whatever it is that you celebrate I wish you Happy Holidays!!! From Sunny and 72* F California USA
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

Also from me merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Or, as we say in Germany, "Frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!"

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

Merry Christmas Everyone! James, regarding the lights, we really don't have any traffic going past our house as we are kind of on a dead end with a gravel road on one side....but to pass the time and to make it cheery this year, we put some lights up anyway! And a tree, which is just for Santa and his lovely helper! She got me a "gift card" for a model of my choice, so we will see what happens, I think I may spend it on some diorama materials and she wants to help with that....would be fun to do a project together!

I have this crazy urge to fix a lot of my childhood glue bombs. And this one is special, as I remember as a young teen ager, my parents had very little money. But they bought me ONE present. It was a Tamiya Ferrari 312B, and Mario was my favorite driver as he did all sorts of racing and I followed best I could in the newspapers. Anyway I started building this Christmas Day maybe 1973 or so....and today I began the rebuild process, so many years later. Perhaps I should do a rehab thread as I have a few others in the plans too....

So out came the oven cleaner and xacto to separate the parts....this looks more entailed than I expected! So I think I will relax a bit with a coffee and a sip of bourbon to celebrate that my parents went far out to buy me the expensive for the time Tamiya kit (like $14.00 or so) and steered this child's life in a direction that took me into model building, eventually mechanic work and a rally, racing and design career that was successful. Really, this kit just made me want more and somehow I made a living out of the auto industry.

What Christmas Dreams are really made of.

pgarat
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: PGarat
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus…
Chris Amon, P.Depailler, James Hunt, Jim Clark, Tazio Nuvolari, Ascari…
France

Post by pgarat »

Hi Modeling Mates,

Merry Xmas from
SW of France :wink:

Xmas flight.
Works for Mac’s Xmas around the World too!

Crossing my finger for a better, healthy and safer 2021... and tons of kits!!

Pascal
I'd rather be flying!

If only Closed Minds came with Closed Mouth

Belugawrx
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Belugawrx
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Wolf Williams Lotus
Canada

Post by Belugawrx »

Merry Christmas to all from my bench to yours

Cheers
Bruce Coy

1slowhand
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by 1slowhand »

steveracer wrote:Merry Christmas Everyone! James, regarding the lights, we really don't have any traffic going past our house as we are kind of on a dead end with a gravel road on one side....but to pass the time and to make it cheery this year, we put some lights up anyway! And a tree, which is just for Santa and his lovely helper! She got me a "gift card" for a model of my choice, so we will see what happens, I think I may spend it on some diorama materials and she wants to help with that....would be fun to do a project together!

I have this crazy urge to fix a lot of my childhood glue bombs. And this one is special, as I remember as a young teen ager, my parents had very little money. But they bought me ONE present. It was a Tamiya Ferrari 312B, and Mario was my favorite driver as he did all sorts of racing and I followed best I could in the newspapers. Anyway I started building this Christmas Day maybe 1973 or so....and today I began the rebuild process, so many years later. Perhaps I should do a rehab thread as I have a few others in the plans too....

So out came the oven cleaner and xacto to separate the parts....this looks more entailed than I expected! So I think I will relax a bit with a coffee and a sip of bourbon to celebrate that my parents went far out to buy me the expensive for the time Tamiya kit (like $14.00 or so) and steered this child's life in a direction that took me into model building, eventually mechanic work and a rally, racing and design career that was successful. Really, this kit just made me want more and somehow I made a living out of the auto industry.

What Christmas Dreams are really made of.

Wonderful story about your parents and your first model. I can relate. Thanks for sharing and happiest of holidays to you and your family. :D

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Wow Ateve that was quite moving :D
I think all those models gifted/started in Xmas have a special soul to them. But this case, starting something in your life, has a plus!
I have fond memories of those too, from models under the tree when I still believed on the 3 Magic Kings to later, a certain Monogram Duesenberg some 40 years ago.

I think putting lights even in a dead end road is fine: some will like gping up there just to see them. :D
No external lights at my home. We live in flats, some put lights on the balconies, I want to buy and put some every year, but...Meanwhile that's our tree:

Some ornaments are 50 years old!
Then the Bethlem "diorama"

Yes there are three Vader Kings!!! :lol: :lol: and 3 bears too!

Spaniards will probably recognize this. Some anachronical ads here...

And finally some Xmas sweet stuff...

Peace and health on Earth to everyone!!