McLaren F1-GTR Harrods version

Post away...

Topic author
SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

McLaren F1-GTR Harrods version

Post by SteveNoble »

I'm looking to build a Fujimi 1/24 McLaren F1-GTR as the yellow Harrods version that competed at Le Mans in 1995. After doing a little poking around, there is some suggestion that the yellow may be a pearl finish on that car, not just a straight yellow? Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance..
Steve Noble

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: McLaren F1-GTR Harrods version

Post by gp-models »

Hi Steve,
it`s not absolutely for sure, but according to my Mclaren books (driving ambition) and as far as i can see it should be a plain yellow, no pearl.
Big problem with time period pictures is, they are not in HD, printed books with a resolution of 150dpi is also not realy trustable, but from every picture i have and had a look at the restored cars, it should be plain yellow.
Maybe you write down a mail to Etienne from Rennaissance models, he has time period pics, but i can`t find them anymore on the webside which is re designed. Maybe he can tell you if so or not. Big problem in that scale is a matching colour, the effect if it might be a pearl tone is so low, that it will be hard to replicate. The Provence moulage instructions i have called for yellow, not realy helpfull.
Take a stand!

Topic author
SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: McLaren F1-GTR Harrods version

Post by SteveNoble »

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking to go plain yellow. I think too that the pearl effect, if any, would probably be very minimal..
Steve Noble