Help with some missing kits, Need info please.

Post away...

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Help with some missing kits, Need info please.

Post by Icon_Modeler »

I've been sorting through My 1/20th collection of kits. There are some non championship winning cars I will be keeping for sure but for the most part I decided to concentrate on WDC cars so I made this list below. I'm looking for some help to see what the best kit available would be for some of these. The ones with the year marked in green I already own so only the ones in grey are the ones I need info on. I don't think there has been any kit for the Brabham BT20 for 1966 and 1967. The 1969 winner was kitted by MFH but is probably getting hard to find. The 1994 Benetton B194 was kitted by AMD but was there anyone else who made that kit? The 1995 Benetton B195 was the hideous Academy kit. Was there any other company that made this kit? The 2002, 2004-2007 & 2009 kits I had all of them at one point but find myself kicking my own ass for selling them before I truly figured out my focus. Will have to search for them again. This leaves only the Mercedes kits. I know some of these have been kitted but I cannot remember by who. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Capture.JPG
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

jorgeralvear
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Jorge Alvear
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Kimi/Ferrari
Chile

Re: Help with some missing kits, Need info please.

Post by jorgeralvear »

The MFH f2007 kits come up for sale on EBay all the time at decent prices, you can probably get one under 240 bucks if you look and you are patient. I have the MFH Matra MS80 version B, the 1969 French GP version, new and unstarted, if you are interested, you can DM me.

lezdep
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Canada

Post by lezdep »

B194 was done by Studio27 and Wolf
B195 was done by AMC
RB9 (2013) was done by DTM Models
Mercedes W05, W06, W07, W08 were done by Monopost (Studio27)
Mercedes W10 and W11 were done by NewScratch

Modelbautony
Spectator
Spectator

Post by Modelbautony »

Scalemates appears to have comprehensive listings with this information

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Thanks Guys for the info. I did think of Scalemates after I made the first post and did find quite a lot of info. Apparently the only kits never to be kitted are the Mercedes W09 and the Brabham BT20. Now the search begins!!!

Emersonsquirrel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fittipaldi, Surtees, Williams, McLaren, Lotus
Great Britain

Post by Emersonsquirrel »

Just to clarify the situation re the 1966 and 1967 championships, while the BT20 was used by both drivers during both championships Jack mainly used the BT19 to win his (BT20 only used in the US and Mexico) and Denny mainly used the BT24 in '67.

The Ebbro BT18 would probably make a decent base for a BT19, although it would need a suspension change front and rear and a V8 replacement for the little Honda 4!

ES

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Emersonsquirrel wrote:Just to clarify the situation re the 1966 and 1967 championships, while the BT20 was used by both drivers during both championships Jack mainly used the BT19 to win his (BT20 only used in the US and Mexico) and Denny mainly used the BT24 in '67.

The Ebbro BT18 would probably make a decent base for a BT19, although it would need a suspension change front and rear and a V8 replacement for the little Honda 4!

ES
Thanks for your info. I was not really sure what to do for those years. Most webpages list multiple car being used for 66 & 67. When I tried to figure out which car was used more it got a little foggy. Thank you for your clarification. The Ebbro BT18 may be my only choice and could make for a fun conversion.

Thanks again!!!