Post away...

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Re: GT40 lovers, start your drooling

Post by scaleautofactory »

leafs004 wrote:Where’d you get a trumpeter for $70??? I have it showing as 258 usd, which is twice the current release without the Ford branding. The one with the ford branding on it ran about $200 usd.
Ebay.de has some trumpeter/magnifer gt40 for 70-90€ listed.
Last edited by scaleautofactory on Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Post by allnie »

Br
Allan

Topic author
leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

Dang that’s cheap. And here I thought I got a great deal for $100 including shipping.
"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

allnie wrote:https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/il3h1 ... jzhdi.html

It cost 4 times more than the Trumpeter!!
!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Well I'd be interested, but I am going to wait for the feedback once it is out as to the fit of it. I have the Trumpeter GT40 and dry fitting it looks to fit mostly ok, but that is just the body shells stuck together. Apparently when the kit comes together it's a different story.
On Meng - I have their recent release of the Fokker DR.1 (1/32) which is supposedly a Wingnut Wings design that was basically done before the company went bust early on in the 'rona pandemic. The kit details is superb, however, there are a few issues. Due to the way they have molded and packaged the sprues, several people have reported that the wings are warped. Actually that sprue is warped on both my kits. Others have reported parts of the middle wing have broken off (luckily not on mine). This is, as said either due to the package order in the box or to the moulding and ejecting part. All of that aside, the kits are really good value. The same detail from Wingnut Wings would have cost at least double that.

With the quote from Hobbyeasy it would seem that the kit is 1.5 times what I paid for my GT40. So bare in mind that these are prices from China. If you consider that the kits need to be shipped and imported to whereever, I'd say they will make it to Europe for mid to high 2xx € - currently listed at Hobbyeasy for 217€...

As for snap-on or not. I wouldn't mind if it fits anything like the Bandai Star Wars kits.
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
leafs004
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by leafs004 »

"Slow and Steady Wins the Race" - Who ever won a race with that strategy?

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

Just looked, I am really liking where Meng is going with this kit.

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by 43rdMichael »

A chunk of the cost is going direct to ford. Meng playing by the rules is to be applauded - in my humble opinion. Wish the car companies where as pinchy on licenses, but its their call if they want to run us out of town.

... and still loving the look of the kit. Penciled in for next year’s build program.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

The renders do look nice indeed. Working steering is a first, I believe - I don't recall that from the Trumpeter kit, but I could be wrong as it has been a long while since I had that box opened. It would seem they have an actual fitting spare wheel and maybe even the hood fits flush with the spare in place. That would be another first ;). The no snip PE is nice as well. Other than that I didn't notice anything that would either tick me off or please me beyond normal "expectations".
Cheers,
Roman

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Not the least bit concerned if it's snap fit. Obviously I know a lot about Indy car kits and far and away the best ever plastic Indy car kit was Tamiya's snap-fit Lola T9300.