What is your latest model purchase

Post away...

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: What is your latest model purchase

Post by Icon_Modeler »

59hrld wrote:Hé Jeff,
Could you post some pictures of whats inside the boxes please?

Richard
Nothing more than re-releases of the old AMD kits I'm sure. Both very nice kits in my opinion.

That is why they are listed as "Ultra Limited" probably using up what is left of the PE and decals from the AMD run of these kits.

Neko is Wolf. Wolf was spawned from the partners of AMD splitting up.

One day I will get to building mine,,,,,,, I hope...
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

hi guys, pics of the 6-wheelers kits, you can order from http://www.modellingstore.com
Excellent communication and service!

The resin body castings are very nice. The FW07D looks the easier one to assemble, with less parts. The FW08B has exposed gearbox and suspension detail, so a bit more parts and complexity

FW08B
https://www.modellingstore.com/120-f1-r ... -edition-1

FW07D
https://www.modellingstore.com/120-f1-r ... te-edition

59hrld
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Richard
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alan jones
Netherlands

Post by 59hrld »

Thanks for the pictures Jeff!
I order the FW08B.

Richard.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

1961-ferrari-250-tri-lemans.jpg
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Oh well, as indicated previously... a slight deviation (again) and a rather big one at that... Behold this behemoth... The 1/200th Trumpeter Bismarck. The purchase came after I found a good deal on it and having watched a youtube channel on maritime warfare for some time over the last few months... My last finished project is the cupboard it is going to sit on. It's for car books and records and will suite the ship nicely when put in a matching display case.

To give you an idea on the size of this monster I've added the recent re-released body shell of the 1/12 Porsche 935 to the last two pictures. You can almost put 4 full length 1/12 cars end to end to match that hull.

Might be out of place, but is there a W125 Mercedes or Auto Union C or D-Type in 1/12 on offer somewhere? Working on a Titans of 1937 project for a game at the moment... sooo.
Cheers,
Roman

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

This kit is a real killer Roman! :)
Will you add one of those detail sets to it? The Pontos and the MK1 set are realy impressing, Trumpeter does also one but not so extended like the others. Seen some ready build models and it is mind blowing, congrats on this nice xmas present!! :)
Take a stand!

Daliracing
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Gert
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: 3.5l era.
Belgium

Post by Daliracing »

Got my Benetton B189 and Leyton house cg911 today! both kits look nice!
Hopefully some others to come soon (1989 f1 kits)

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

gp-models wrote:This kit is a real killer Roman! :)
Will you add one of those detail sets to it? The Pontos and the MK1 set are realy impressing, Trumpeter does also one but not so extended like the others. Seen some ready build models and it is mind blowing, congrats on this nice xmas present!! :)
Guido, I will most likely add some of that. I'm not sure if I'm going to go all out since the full everything pontos set is about twice the amount of what I paid for the kit, plus you would have to have some CMK bits and bobs as well and by the end of it you end up with something worth as much as 1/12 MFH kit - not that that is bad considering the size and all. I will have to have a wooden deck for sure (obviously).
I saw a comparison of the KA, Pontos and Scaledecks, colourwise I'd probably like Pontos best, but variation is better in the Scaledesks, however, as that has fitment issues plus it is printed with water soluble colours it's so not ideal when applying washes (or extra steps), so it isn't my first choice. I haven't seen the MK1 version used yet, but there is also the KA one - not sure how well made that is. I'm leaning toward Pontos at the moment. Weirdly the all-in-one package is missing one PE fret compared to buying the individual sets. I think that is because the all-in-one is the "old" rev, whereas one of the subsets is now called "v2" and has that additional fret. I'm likely going to buy it in stages, i.e. major hull parts first, details for the superstructure second.
The kit details of the super structure are not bad actually, but of course slapping a load of PE on it will make the details pop as it is more 3D that way. One thing is for sure, that thing is going to take forever to build with all that PE and trying to stay sane while putting it on :). Plus sanding of all surface detail prior to doing that is going to be a gutsy move initially.
Cheers,
Roman

dgwoodward2
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Don Woodward
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
United States of America

Post by dgwoodward2 »

A 1/20 MFH 2020 Indy winner, and 3 of the 1/43 versions from Romu. Still in transit and chomping at the bit for them to arrive.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

sky1911 wrote:
gp-models wrote:This kit is a real killer Roman! :)
Guido, I will most likely add some of that. I'm not sure if I'm going to go all out since the full everything pontos set is about twice the amount of what I paid for the kit, plus you would have to have some CMK bits and bobs as well and by the end of it you end up with something worth as much as 1/12 MFH kit - not that that is bad considering the size and all. I will have to have a wooden deck for sure (obviously).
I saw a comparison of the KA, Pontos and Scaledecks, colourwise I'd probably like Pontos best, but variation is better in the Scaledesks, however, as that has fitment issues plus it is printed with water soluble colours it's so not ideal when applying washes (or extra steps), so it isn't my first choice. I haven't seen the MK1 version used yet, but there is also the KA one - not sure how well made that is. I'm leaning toward Pontos at the moment. Weirdly the all-in-one package is missing one PE fret compared to buying the individual sets. I think that is because the all-in-one is the "old" rev, whereas one of the subsets is now called "v2" and has that additional fret. I'm likely going to buy it in stages, i.e. major hull parts first, details for the superstructure second.
The kit details of the super structure are not bad actually, but of course slapping a load of PE on it will make the details pop as it is more 3D that way. One thing is for sure, that thing is going to take forever to build with all that PE and trying to stay sane while putting it on :). Plus sanding of all surface detail prior to doing that is going to be a gutsy move initially.
The Pontos set is nice Roman, seen issues with the rescue boats, but nothing that can`t be fixed finaly. A wooden deck is also nice, but there too, some issues with some producers, not every set fits, but with the exessive material it can be fixed. It will be a long term project for sure! Hope you post a few pics when your on it, happy modeling! :)
Take a stand!