steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Re: What is your latest model purchase

Post by steinietrabi »

indycals wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:54 pm Got all five of these for about the average price of what any one of them is going for on eBay right now.
Nice :D I built the Astra about 20 years ago.
Greetings Thomas

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

So this is the latest haul. I doubt you're all interested in any of the other modelling related tools, paints and diorama greenery and whatnot. Some of it is visible in the bottom right corner anyway.
So just the last 2 actual scale model kits, the 1/12 Ebbro MS11 and the 1/2700 Zvezda / Revell Imperial Star Destroyer (Green Strawberry Lighting Kit inbound as well). The Lego bus (10258) on the shelf below and the Lego Saturn V (21309) have since been built.

(link if the image won't show)
Cheers,
Roman

Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Post by Ffracer »

Most recent is the NuNu BMW R8 GT3 with the PE details….I can see me buying the Tamiya F-4B Phantom soon…it looks amazing!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Ffracer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:43 pm I can see me buying the Tamiya F-4B Phantom soon…it looks amazing!
It would be great if you can show some pics of this kit and details, unfortunately the price is also amazing. I would like to see their actuall quality and do a comparsion with my GWH MIG 29 on which i was realy stunned by the casting quality and level of details for which a paid a bit less then the Tamiya F4. I would like to get the SU-35 E Flanker from GWH too, round about at the same price like the F4, but can`t make a descision without having it seen closely and which has the better details, the quality of the GWH SU-35 is absolutely impressing! I bet it will take not long to see a Quinta set for the F4 cockpit, those 3D prints are realy great.
Take a stand!

Ffracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Mercedes
United States of America

Post by Ffracer »

The June 2021 Tamiya Model and July 2021 Scale Aircraft Modelling magazines have build articles on the F-4B which is what sold me on the kit. Basically, it’s the F-4B version of their amazing F-14 kit.

I don’t have any GWH kits but I’m looking for their F-15C which is out of stock everywhere….

Despite all of this I’m a car builder at heart and my current project is the Tamiya Mercedes C9 (original release).

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

This Green Strawberry lighting kit for the 1/2700 Star Destroyer.

That'll be the first time tinkering with fibre optics (d=0.25 mm) with 140 holes of that diameter to be drilled...I reckon that'll be like 5 drill bits, if I'm lucky.
That aside I am still debating whether I should get the PE Hangar set and / or the engine bell upgrade kit as well. The stock hangar doesn't look that bad to me tbh.
Cheers,
Roman

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

sky1911 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:53 pm
That aside I am still debating whether I should get the PE Hangar set and / or the engine bell upgrade kit as well. The stock hangar doesn't look that bad to me tbh.
There is also a 3D printed version for the Hangar around Roman, but very expensive i have to say! At shapeways around 60 bucks https://www.shapeways.com/product/9NZFB ... -destroyer

And with the blockade runner for 48 bucks at Falcon 3D parts https://www.falcon3dparts.com/products/ ... -destroyer

I only need the datas to do a print, but i can`t find them anywhere, especially not for free :lol:
The etched set also looks nice and might not be that expensive i guess. Good luck and nerves to drill all those holes. :D
Take a stand!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Ffracer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 pm The June 2021 Tamiya Model and July 2021 Scale Aircraft Modelling magazines have build articles on the F-4B which is what sold me on the kit. Basically, it’s the F-4B version of their amazing F-14 kit.

I don’t have any GWH kits but I’m looking for their F-15C which is out of stock everywhere….

Despite all of this I’m a car builder at heart and my current project is the Tamiya Mercedes C9 (original release).
In the meantime im also building cars, those planes will be my first since maybe 35 years! 8)
The F 15C will be hard to find, i only know a shop which carry the F15 B/D and has the upcoming E version as pre order. I guess you will love GWH kits too once seen in real, they are using newest slide molding technics to cast weapons as one piece for example and the level of details in panel lines and rivets is impressing.
The C9 is a nice model, i build it many years back but have 2 more in my stash to do other versions.
Take a stand!

Badi
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Pierre Gasly
Brazil

Post by Badi »

mazyen
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Lee Hoe Yen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Singapore

Post by mazyen »

Here's my latest purchase within the month of July/Aug. The 2x 155s were purchased from a local guy wanting to clear his stash. They are old but the Cartograf decals still look good.
Attachments
IMG_4046.jpg