Post away...

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Re: What is your latest model purchase

Post by Grypham »

gp-models wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:50 am Today was Tooltime, my Dispae Circle cutter arrived, great product from the first view, only the adjustment of the cutting blade should be better explained. Not a big problem as i`ve been working with Pro Plotters in the past and know what to do, but for normal users it`s hard to figure out how to attach the blade correct.
Still have to give it a try with different masking solutions like Tamiya masking tape, vinyl and some other kinds of masking.
Hi. Can you offer any brief tips on cutter adjustment, as I have just purchased one of these very well constructed cutters as well? :)

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

1972-ferrari-365gtb4-#34.jpg
1972-ferrari-365gtb-nart-38.jpg
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Grypham wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:44 am
gp-models wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:50 am Today was Tooltime, my Dispae Circle cutter arrived, great product from the first view, only the adjustment of the cutting blade should be better explained. Not a big problem as i`ve been working with Pro Plotters in the past and know what to do, but for normal users it`s hard to figure out how to attach the blade correct.
Still have to give it a try with different masking solutions like Tamiya masking tape, vinyl and some other kinds of masking.
Hi. Can you offer any brief tips on cutter adjustment, as I have just purchased one of these very well constructed cutters as well? :)
Yes sure, i will focus on the blade, not on how it`s build up, for that here is a nice tutorial how to build it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rpnpKyCW-g
In this video you can also see how many times he adjusted the blade cause it looks like he somtimes uses too much pressure on the blade which is not good for the blade, makes it simply less sharp in a few using times.
So my tip is, once the blade is attached, never lay the cutter down on any surface, as long as the blade is not adjusted, lay it upside down that nothing can hurt the blade. The sharper it is, the better it is working.
To adjust the blade hight and pressure, i allways use a scrap piece of the carrier film/foil underneeth a vinly foil, means the wax paper.
When putting down the cutter, make sure you don`t move it when the blade is attached, otherwise you can damage the tip of the blade. For this i put the screw in highest position so that the blade even does not touch the ground, then i fasten the screw till i see that the blade is on top of the wax paper, do a test to see if it cuts into the paper, not that much that it cuts the paper itself.
You have to adjust it till you see the line of the blade, but not cutting the paper, then i move over to the Tamiya tape, stick it down on a cutting map and cut out my circle, ensure you follow the right direction when turning the blade, watch for the marking on the cutter.
Finaly i have to say it is a very nice tool, only the mechanism for the blade should be done different, this would improve it`s use when plotting different materials.
I hope this can help a bit, tried my best to explain it. :lol:
Take a stand!

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

In the mean time, I got these two lovelies:

Well, one is a lovely kit, the other is a lovely car :D

I dont yet know how to free up this tiny grille, but I think a photo etch saw could do the trick..
Its a great kit, the kraut car. With photo etch wheels, plastic body and lots of well cast resin parts.
It reminds me of the "hybrid" MFH kit. A shame these are so rare, this si a kind of multi-media I can get behind.

The Revival Alfa is well knos for its quirks, but there is a secret project brewing for that car...
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

BMW wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:26 pm It reminds me of the "hybrid" MFH kit. A shame these are so rare, this si a kind of multi-media I can get behind.

The Revival Alfa is well knos for its quirks, but there is a secret project brewing for that car...
Wow! BAD envy for the Merc, I admit!! :D
Hmmm... the 159... project might be the Wifredo Ricart designed Alfa 512?? :wink: :wink:

Me, I was lucky to find a well priced (well for me I mean) BT52.
https://www.sestelmodels.com/4602-large_default/beemax-124-brabham-bt52-83-monaco-gp.jpg
Probably the last that was available in Spain

There´s also a nice project for it. It involves stretching the wheelbase 3 inches (at 1/1) and doing some body changes 8) just guess!!
THen, not car models but related... in particular with what I mentioned above.
A quite rare Pegaso book..
https://images.terralibro.es/sslp.php?s=http%3A%2F%2Fpictures.abebooks.com%2FROVER75%2F740786647.jpg&h=2590544517
People KILL for this nook but I was the lucky vast-ard to pass by and get it at flea market for ridiculous, shot-at-dawn worth 10 euro.
Also I got a nice gpa helmet, fourth one :wink:

Grypham
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams
Canada

Post by Grypham »

gp-models wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:44 am
Grypham wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:44 am

Thank You for the Tips! :D

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

JamesB wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 pm ...
Hmmm... the 159... project might be the Wifredo Ricart designed Alfa 512?? :wink: :wink:

Me, I was lucky to find a well priced (well for me I mean) BT52.
https://www.sestelmodels.com/4602-large_default/beemax-124-brabham-bt52-83-monaco-gp.jpg
Probably the last that was available in Spain
Ha ha, no nothing that ambitious. And I also only build cars that raced. :)

BT52: Hmm.. Tyrrell 012 ?
Currently building:
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

JamesB wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 pm Me, I was lucky to find a well priced (well for me I mean) BT52.
When Beemax announced the BT52 I already thought that you might add 1 to your collection. :wink:

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

BMW wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:21 am Ha ha, no nothing that ambitious. And I also only build cars that raced. :)

BT52: Hmm.. Tyrrell 012 ?
Nope... easier! just sum +1 to the equation :wink:
Steffen_T wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:32 am
JamesB wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 pm Me, I was lucky to find a well priced (well for me I mean) BT52.
When Beemax announced the BT52 I already thought that you might add 1 to your collection. :wink:
Yes... but this one is bigger! :lol: I honestly don't know how I did not "attack" the idea at once... :lol:

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Ahhh yes, that makes sense :D
Currently building:
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)