312T wheel set / the best I have ever seen !!

Kit reviews

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Re: 312T wheel set / the best I have ever seen !!

Post by Orso »

.... I think 20 percent is a bit of an exaggeration here !
Measuring from the picture the wheel on the right side is about 20% wider but it look more like the rear wheels that can be seen in old pictures

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

I will agree, probably close to 20% wider, but the height increase is not that drastic ! And the best point is that the larger tires look more like the pictures of the real car !

I don't know what came in your Tamiya kit, but mine look nothing like these !!

10271786764_755d2bdf3f_b.gif
1976-Ferrari-312T2-F1-Car-13.gif
tumblr_n6076b6kWW1sxgpdjo1_1280.jpg

Best,
Steve mohlenkamp
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

Nice that the wheels are pre-drilled. On my 97T I have aftetmarket wheels and don't like the shape of the rear wheel. It should curve when the surface approaches the hub plate. Mine and these, from what I can tell, don't have that curve.
Steve do you have better pictures of the rear hub?

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

Mine are all sealed and wrapped from the factory, waiting patiently....

Best,
Steve
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

indygp2001
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by indygp2001 »

It seems like a comparison with the Protar kit is in order. I personally think the wheels and the tires look
awesome!, and if they are off a little bit.....hmmmm...
Well, it just seems kinda odd that this company - that produces these would at least do their homework
before doing such a grand job of machining the wheels so nicely, only to "drop the Ball" on the tires....but then again, I have seen a few major blunders over the years. What I don't understand however, is why they just
didn't do them the same size as the Tamiyas - so that you could use the tires from those kits, and so that they
would go together with the other ones in the line (such as the Wolf WR1, the Tyrell P34, the Lotus 78 MkIII, and
maybe the Mclaren M23 kits...I may have missed one)...and maybe there was an issue of possible lawsuits....
NAW! (NO) - I doubt it....HMMMM....weird...
OK, go ahead and sell them to me for noth'in, Steve (you really don't need them!)
But I like 'em!, Ciao!, Indygp2001

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Yep,always the same issue..Tyres ! and there correct sizes :x .I have been comparing and measuring them for years now..Wich are correct ? ONE golden rule : It is correct when it looks correct !..Have you ever seen anyone taking measures from a finished modelcar ? Me neither.It is the same with 1/20 scale cars,some are larger in scale and some smaller with Iritani being the smallest and STU 27 the tallest..how do you compare there tyres vs chassis ? Nope..I thougt so :wink: It is correct when it looks correct !

Alex.

Topic author
plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

jordan wrote:Yep,always the same issue..Tyres ! and there correct sizes :x .I have been comparing and measuring them for years now..Wich are correct ? ONE golden rule : It is correct when it looks correct !..Have you ever seen anyone taking measures from a finished modelcar ? Me neither.It is the same with 1/20 scale cars,some are larger in scale and some smaller with Iritani being the smallest and STU 27 the tallest..how do you compare there tyres vs chassis ? Nope..I thougt so :wink: It is correct when it looks correct !

Alex.

Brilliantly said Alex, I am a fairly visual kind of guy, and I couldn't agree more with " when it looks good it is good " ! I know that some look at this hobby of ours in the specialized little niche of formula 1 models as a science, and there are those who look at it as an art. And we all need to get what we want in life, so I'm going to use these on my 312t because I think they look great ! Long may we all get what we're looking for in building formula 1 model cars.....

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

plastiksurgeon wrote:
jordan wrote:Yep,always the same issue..Tyres ! and there correct sizes :x .I have been comparing and measuring them for years now..Wich are correct ? ONE golden rule : It is correct when it looks correct !..Have you ever seen anyone taking measures from a finished modelcar ? Me neither.It is the same with 1/20 scale cars,some are larger in scale and some smaller with Iritani being the smallest and STU 27 the tallest..how do you compare there tyres vs chassis ? Nope..I thougt so :wink: It is correct when it looks correct !

Alex.

Brilliantly said Alex, I am a fairly visual kind of guy, and I couldn't agree more with " when it looks good it is good " ! I know that some look at this hobby of ours in the specialized little niche of formula 1 models as a science, and there are those who look at it as an art. And we all need to get what we want in life, so I'm going to use these on my 312t because I think they look great ! Long may we all get what we're looking for in building formula 1 model cars.....
+1 Totally agree.

430Scuderia
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by 430Scuderia »

:(
Last edited by 430Scuderia on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

430Scuderia
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by 430Scuderia »

:(
Last edited by 430Scuderia on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.