Alpha Models missing part update - Positive feedback

Kit reviews

Topic author
danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Alpha Models missing part update - Positive feedback

Post by danibear »

Guess I need to do a courtesy update about my Alpha Models kit missing part issue, it is positive in the end.

I bought two Alpha Models kits at November 2019, Ferrari 488 GTB and 812 Superfast. Once I received, I found the 488 GTB kit misses a key component in the engine bay that I can't DIY myself and front hood and lamps are kind of deformed. Also, the 812 Superfast underbody plate is not well made (shrink, full of bubble at the interior side). So I informed Alpha Models last July (July, 2020).

Due to Covid-19 and being a small batch company, Alpha Model can't supply parts until December 2020, which is totally understandable. Alpha Model actually sent me a whole new Ferrari 488 Pista kit to replace the 488 GTB kit. Also sent me the "under-tray plate" for 812 Superfast kit...... however......not the under-tray plate (underbody plate) for the car body...... but the PE and decal plate..... English seems kind of a minor issue, but I can feel their truly effort, and I guess I can fix the 812 kit underbody plate myself. So I deem it a 100% positive result.

Guess I need to share Alpha Models's hard effort. Thanks.

lala40l
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari
Netherlands

Re: Alpha Models missing part update - Positive feedback

Post by lala40l »

Same expirience I had with them. Only 1 resin seat was broken on a Bugatti Chiron 1/18. They shipped 2 complete seats. Service is very good. This was before the COVID-9 situation. I think they are located in Wuhan so during the lock down there, they were even closed.