FEELING43

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

Topic author
davidf
Spectator
Spectator

FEELING43

Post by davidf »

Good Morning,

Just scanning through various pages and have for the first time noticed FEELING43 kits. They look unbelievable to say the least. Then looked at purchasing one second hand. After I regained consciousness I went onto their page (not the best I've seen) where they only seemed to have one kit available (Porsche.)

Are they the same company that produced the Ferraris ETC?

Thanks in advance for any answers,,,

David

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: FEELING43

Post by jaykay »

I don't know what ETC means.
Feeling43 is an oldschool french artisan style one man company.
The old Ferrari kits that you may have seen were probably the 512M, 330P4 or Daytona.
Years ago he also made some "affordable" kits under the Basic43 label ( Bugatti T35, Porsche 550 Spyder and Jaguar C-Type ).

Currently the last generation Porsche RSR in various liveries is the only kit available, but he has the Ferrari 488 GTE and this year's LeMans winning Aston "in development".

These kits are complex hand mastered items and not easy to build. They don't fit like Hiro kits ( and people complain about those :-)
If you look around the forum I think George's( gtziaf ) build of the Ferrari 512M can be found.
I have the Porsche kit and started it during Corona lockdown. I spent a lot of time already sanding the parts to greater levels of crispness and symmetry but there's still some way to go. At the moment it's paused :-)
That said, some people throw it together quickly and it still looks pretty impressive if you don't really go all macro lens on it.

Topic author
davidf
Spectator
Spectator

Post by davidf »

Cool. Thanks

R.Wells
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by R.Wells »

I have the 512M, and his new Porsche RSR. I get brave every now and then and pull them out to fondle them. I bought my 512M second hand at a really good price, and some of the sanding had already been done. I still can't muster the courage to start building either one. I better hurry though, my eyes aren't getting any younger.
Perfectionist in the art of the unfinished kit......

Russell Wells

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Those kits are realy nice, but also tricky to build cause they have some issues to tackle, also they are not the cheapest kits.
I would recommend them for experienced modelers like Joachim is pointing out right, the instructions have to be studied carefully and lots of test fitting has to be done. Have the Transkit for the 550 Maranello from Feeling laying around, reminds me to start it one day.
Take a stand!

Formulamike
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by Formulamike »

Feeling Kits are great, many many parts, but very special, the prices for this Kits are ok.
Mike

glr190959
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Giovanni
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari Gilles Villeneuve
Italy

Post by glr190959 »

Hi everyone,
I disagree with Mike's positive opinion regarding the Feeling 43 kits.
I mounted a Feeling 43 kit, Ferrari P4, and I was able to see all the flaws of a kit that cost 525.00 Euro!
The biggest problems were when, after having mounted the floor, it was not possible to insert the engine in the rear part of the cockpit because parts of the frame completely obstructed the insertion of the engine.After long studies I had to cut parts of the frame to be able to to install. Another problem I had when I placed the spare wheel in the engine compartment: the hood could not close. I had to cut the spare tire, in the lower part not visible, to allow the hood to close properly. These are just two of several other inconveniences I had during the assembly of the Feeling43 P4 and I think that, given the really exaggerated cost of the kit (it was sold for 525.00 euros!) Inconveniences of this kind are not tolerable.
For the rest, the final appearance of the kit is good, the thicknesses of the resin body are correct but to mount it, you have to sweat seven shirts!
I attach photos of my assembled kit.
Regards,
Giovanni La Rosa
giovanni@fratelli-larosa.com
Attachments
Quattroruotine P4 posteriore.JPG
Quattroruotine P4 Musetto e posteriore.JPG
Quattroruotine P4 Laterale guida.JPG
Quattroruotine P4 Laterale con muso.JPG

Formulamike
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Germany

Post by Formulamike »

Hi Giovanni,
ok the old Feeling 43 Ferrari Kits have a very high prices, but you must see the Time for 10, 20 years,
but today we have 3 D printer the time to create a Kit is very faster, and the news Feeling43 Porsche have a price about 200,--Euros.

But you have made a fantastic job to built this Ferrari, looks great. :D :D ,
is this the Le mans winner 1963 Scarfiotti/Bandini ??.

Mike

glr190959
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Giovanni
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari Gilles Villeneuve
Italy

Post by glr190959 »

Hi Mike,
Thank you for yours compliments !
The 330 P4 model is the Le Mans 1967 version, Scarfiotti-Parkes 2° classified.
I dont' know the last kit Porsche of Feeling43, but the old kit have several problems.
Ciao,
Giovanni La Rosa

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Like i wrote before, the kits are handmade and that includes the new Porsche. No 3D printed parts.
If you compare it with a Hiro kit it's quite expensive for what you get.