Build Diary: Ferrari 643

Beware of all the tiny parts...

For all posts related to 43rd scale models.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Re: Build Diary: Ferrari 643

Post by sky1911 »

Wow, awesome! Will have a go at that video later today. It's always cool to see a piece come to life starting from sprues and showing the steps to go from there to the finished product.
As for the Rosso - is this the same Rosso who did the 1/8th scale 643 which I've built as well - about 30 years ago this year :D - the yellow thing in the box surely triggers some memories. I wish that parts of that model were carbon fibre, but they are just plastic with a few other bits and bobs made of metal (wheels, suspension bits) and the upper pre-painted bodywork in metal.
Last edited by sky1911 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Roman

dgwoodward2
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Don Woodward
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
United States of America

Post by dgwoodward2 »

Really nice work. Clean and crisp.

Topic author
wixy500
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: I don't have a set "favourite"
Australia

Post by wixy500 »

pmodwrks wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:14 pm I have done the Rosso 641 and now I am in the middle of the 642 both are grade up versions which include chrome foil to make the engine protection underneath it, Photo etch cast white metal coolant lines and a couple other items. I am extremely happy with the Plastic body and pan with the metal tub, fuel tank , and transmission. The photo etch is very nice and easy to handle. I am also doing several Brands of Carbon Fibre/Kevlar decal work on the pan and parts of the tub also the correct parts that visible on the body/chassis. Great Kits I wish I could afford the 1/8 Rosso kit that has a real Carbon Fibre Body and assorted parts just like the real car. Now out of production they can be bought in the Thousands of dollars... I will try to post the 1/43 642 when done...Chris
Yes, post pics of the 642 once it's done, I'm interested to see the up-grade parts and how they work out.
Mark Wicks
http://www.wixy500.com
^ my model site/blog ^

pmodwrks
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Chris
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LOTUS F-1 THE MOST CREATIVE, INIVATIVE AND MULTI-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS. COLLIN CHAPMAN WAS A GENIUS AS WAS THE MANY DESIGNERS, MECHANIC AND CREWMEN THAT DESIGNED, CREATED, BUILT, MAINTAINED AND RACED. NO OTHER TEAM IN HISTORY HAS MATCHED THEIR RECORD.
United States of America

Post by pmodwrks »

WILL DO

pmodwrks
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LOTUS F-1 THE MOST CREATIVE, INIVATIVE AND MULTI-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS. COLLIN CHAPMAN WAS A GENIUS AS WAS THE MANY DESIGNERS, MECHANIC AND CREWMEN THAT DESIGNED, CREATED, BUILT, MAINTAINED AND RACED. NO OTHER TEAM IN HISTORY HAS MATCHED THEIR RECORD.
United States of America

Post by pmodwrks »

The kit's I am have are ROSSO, they have Plastic unpainted body work, I have done all the tub and parts of the chassis in several Carbon Fibre decal, , I am not aware of the other Brand someone mentioned as I have only done ROSSO kits. The metal parts are the entire basic suspension arms, nicely stamped and formed, part of the engine and transaxle, the tub and nose section. So they do have a lot of metal pieces but the plastic is a polybuturate not styrene so it is a bit different to work with but handles paint well, clean up although minimal is a little tough as it marks easy when using sanding paper and files. I have pics of the Up Grade Stuff coming maybe later today. Chris

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Post by SanMarino »

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

pmodwrks
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by pmodwrks »

ImageImageThe ROSSO upgrade has a Photo etch sheet, about the size of a postage stamp, nice seat belts and radiator grills. and the white metal set of coolant hoses. also is a sheet of Mylar Chrome sticky backed material for under the engine on the chassis and to make hose clamps. It also includes 2 decals for the front shock set up one Mylar and one water slide. I am still working the carbon fiber decals Sale Motorsport and Colorado decals, on the assorted parts. Pics to come.. Chris

Topic author
wixy500
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: I don't have a set "favourite"
Australia

Post by wixy500 »

I never knew such parts existed, Chris - will certainly add to the build!
Mark Wicks
http://www.wixy500.com
^ my model site/blog ^

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

I did a 1/43 super kit with metal parts and PE of the R32 calsonic Nissan GTR, amazing Rosso kit