Hobby Robby F1 scale model vlog

Area to upload images of work(s) in progress...

Topic author
bushok
F3
F3
Your Name: Rob
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Max Verstappen
Netherlands

Hobby Robby F1 scale model vlog

Post by bushok »

Hi all,

I've recently started HOBBY ROBBY, a vlog on YouTube covering F1 scale models and other racing series, and also ordinary, abandoned cars.

Recently I uploaded my first vlog! I am trying to build the 27 y/o Tamiya kit of the Lotus 107 Ford in 1/20 scale.

I would like to invite you to subscribe to my channel, and leave a comment and/or like. Is it any good? Let me know what you think of it!

Best regards,
Rob

https://youtu.be/L0Qapo4oF9Q

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Re: Hobby Robby F1 scale model vlog

Post by Steffen_T »

Just watched the first ten minutes and have to do our lunch now.
So far I have to say this:
I know it takes courage to speak the comment of a video. Especially if you hear your voice for the first time in a recording and on top of it, if you are not a native english speaker.
It's nice and easy to listen to you.
And the whole aproach looks very professionel. Like a hobby show on a local TV station.

Topic author
bushok
F3
F3
Netherlands

Post by bushok »

Hi Steffen, thank you so much for your remarks! Yes, it is quite difficult not to speak in your own language. I do script my voice overs just to pronounce better. My on camera talks are spontaneous.

Hope you’ll see the rest too! 😉

Greetings,

Rob

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

I watched it and think you did a great job. I can only imagine how much time it takes to produce something like this.
I'm not a big fan of these vlogs and rather read/watch a non moving build report, but that's a matter of personal taste.
Seeing your mishaps hurt. That comes out more genuine than in pictures :-)
I was a bit surprised you wanted to make replacement decals because besides the MC sheet there were also ones by Tabu und more recently Shunko. I can't find them on offer at the moment though.
I was lucky to get a Shunko after buying a second hand kit a while ago. I like the colorful livery of the 107 but god knows when i'll find the time to build it :-)
Good luck with further installments of this vlog! It's probably a bit niche "to make a living out of it" but kudos for taking the time doing this and doing it so well!

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

You did a great job. But the most important question !!! Did you sing that song?
Very perfectly done. You can see the amount of work gone into it. Fun fact is that I want to do the same...probably not that much talking altough you did very great. Btw what camera did you use to film?

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

Hi Rob,
I have now also watched the remaining part of your video. Funny you even have your own song! :-D
It really hurts to see you facing all the troubles so far. I hope the problems will soon come to an end for you.
I think you did a minor mistake in your narration at one point: Shouldn't it be 'Micro Set' at 17:25.
Apart from that it is a great video, entertaining to watch and informative too. It must have taken quite some time to set the camera up right for each take.

Topic author
bushok
F3
F3
Netherlands

Post by bushok »

Thank you all for your replies! :D

@jaykay: I couldn't find anything other than Museum Collection unfortunately... Some people are able to live from scale model vlogging, but it takes loads of time
@daniel: I use a Sony A7C with Tamron lenses and a GoPro HERO8. I did compose the song, Jacob sings it, I'm in the chorus and I do the 'anxious modeller' quotes ;D Good luck with your vlog!
@Steffen_T: Thanks for pointing out the error. More will follow I suppose, haha!

Topic author
bushok
F3
F3
Netherlands

Post by bushok »

Oh and if you want to help me a bit: please subscribe, like the video and comment on the video. This helps the video get higher in ranking, which helps me to get a bigger audience :D

goodyear
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by goodyear »

This is good stuff very informative ,will follow with great interest !

steinietrabi
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: Thomas
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams, Ferrari, McLaren... Michael Schumacher
Germany

Post by steinietrabi »

I watched it with great pleasure. And you have the courage to think about the mistakes and show them. :!: I think absolute newbies can learn a lot and the old hands can also enjoy watching...
It is definitely always great to see what other colleagues use for tools and materials and you explain everything really well.

The first thing I thought was what an incredible effort it must have made. The stickers, the patches, your overalls, the song, the video recordings,... just amazing. :o :o
I wish you every success and I will stay on the ball.

In any case, I am curious how it will continue. :D
Greetings Thomas