Got a rumor???

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: Alonso

Post by daveyman »

If Jenson was brave enough to defy the doubters and join 'Hamilton's team' ie Mclaren and make it his home then I doubt he would worry about Alonso either. I think those two would make a very strong team. Mclaren love to pair world champions as well don't they. Makes sense the more I think about it.

ghoule319
F3
F3

Post by ghoule319 »

yeah Mclaren is big on putting veteran guys together, plus Jenson is really good at setup, Mercedes might not let him go, I don't know if Jenson and Ron Dennis get along, I assume that they do from the Vodafone Mercedes days, but you F1 is weird like that. I could see Kimi going to back to Lotus as well, based on what happens there, that team is also a mess, and if they don't get their crap together, they might not be on the grid for next year.

jaws
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: JAWS
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Driver Lando Norris/ McLaren
United States of America

Post by jaws »

Oh the F1 rumors...
Not only does McLaren need a change they also want a top driver. See no reason for anyone to go to McLaren with a new engine in Honda.
No matter who gets in the car there will be a tough time getting a new package to perform. McLaren is much worse off than Ferrari.
I've been a McLaren fan for a long time. And more so a fan of a driver. Having a different driver lineup will help the team but not so sure Alonso is the answer.
Just don't see him leaving Ferrari.

Martocticvs
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by Martocticvs »

I can't see Raikkönen returning to Lotus. In some ways I'm surprised he came back to F1 at all, but I don't really see him going anywhere else after Ferrari. He'll definitely be there next year.

Alonso is seriously frustrated. He must have thought going to Ferrari would be fantastic for him, but they seem to be on a slide right now. McLaren look like they have started to get to grips with their issues - they're not sliding any more at least. That might make them seem more appealing to him, if he can deal with Ron Dennis. I think Button can sometimes lead the team down a blind alley, development-wise.

IF Alonso stays put, then I'm almost certain that McLaren will retain both Button and Magnussen. If Alonso goes to McLaren, then they'll drop Button and retain Magnussen. Would Ferrari then seek to get a younger driver in to replace Alonso? Bianchi maybe? Or maybe even give Button a one year deal to give themselves a bit more time to work out what they're doing?

Silly season rolls on, but the only major changes are likely to be centred around McLaren and Alonso now, everything else looks settled in the top teams.

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Post by SanMarino »

What he will do is a difficult one to call. I think we all agree he is not impressed with Ferrari, and I don't limit this to the fact the cars they have produced have been inferior - but also all of the political turmoil that has been happening. I would love to be the fly on the wall to see and hear what is actually going on behind those closed doors. I won't guess at what he will do, but just say that I would like to him stay with Ferrari. Until a decision is made, here is another article I came across to add the question of what will happen.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ni ... alonso-do/

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Roebuck's view (thanks for the link!!!) is interesting, but I disagree in the parallelism between Fernando and Gilles... :roll: :roll:

ghoule319, I'd say you have a little mess between McLaren and Mercdes ;-)

I'd bet if ALonso arrives in McLaren, Magnussen will be the sacrificed... they might even put him temporarily on other team. Who says Force India won't be on the grid next year?? :shock:

Anyway the deal now seems to be just a "Vettel replaces Alonso" thing, but still quite unclear.

But yes, the most likely thing:
McLaren: Button/Alonso
RBR: Ricciardo-Kvyat
Ferrari: Raikkonen-Vettel

and rest will stay "as is"

alfye
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by alfye »

Happy to read some love to Alonso!!! Even more with some WIPs on the bench :D

He has too many options, and nothing clear...
Ferrari is talking about competivity from 2016 onwards, just when ALO finish his contract. But LMP1 project can be a new goal.
In the other side, McLaren can give him a "Red Bull like" experience, an innovate car to dream again.

Difficult choice, for sure
Last edited by alfye on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghoule319
F3
F3

Post by ghoule319 »

lets wait and see if Mclaren actually opens the wallet, nothing has been confirmed yet. I just want orange and white graphics on the new Mclaren car.

bigood
F3
F3
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ayrton
France

Post by bigood »

hello all
official source Alonso at McLaren HONDA
dealings on compensation of departure but breaking consumed.
ANNOUNCEMENT Suzuka

thanks BIGOOD

bigood
F3
F3
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ayrton
France

Post by bigood »

HELLO FRIENDS
NEWS ALONSO

(Legal battle in perspective, Ferrari hangs on the forfeit of Alonso, dragged and forbidden to communicate before .. Any agreement to prohibit the formalization Suzuka .. Magnussen can look for a wheel if it does not accept the status 3rd pilot th .. Good evening .. I come to you moving back next week. yours. CD)

BIGOOD