Alonso

Got a rumor???

Topic author
Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Alonso

Post by Bigasshammm »

Saw a rumor on BookFace that Honda has paid Ferrari the 30m$ buyout and that they will announce something at the Japanese GP. Bad news for Jenson if so. I can't believe the McLaren will be that much better than the Ferrari but I guess we'll see. My disdain for all things Alonso wants to see the new honda engine be garbage compared to the Merc. That'll teach him.

Discuss

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Re: Alonso

Post by turboF1 »

Very interesting indeed!!! For me that's the "triple play" I'm looking for. McLaren Honda and Alonso. 2015 will be interesting.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

Would be great to see Alonso in a good car....I like his racing, he's such a tough dog :-)

generationx
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by generationx »

It's a great rumour, but I just worry that, if the Honda doesn't work so well, Ferdie could be stuck in another poor car for another year. Here's hoping it all works and he can be back where he belongs - on the top step (I'm a fan in case you couldn't guess).

Topic author
Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

daniel wrote:Would be great to see Alonso in a good car....I like his racing, he's such a tough dog :-)

But how do we know the mclaren will be a good car? They have the best engine currently and Ferrari is outperforming them. Could be another step back for Nando.

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

generationx wrote:It's a great rumour, but I just worry that, if the Honda doesn't work so well, Ferdie could be stuck in another poor car for another year. Here's hoping it all works and he can be back where he belongs - on the top step (I'm a fan in case you couldn't guess).
I'm with you on this one, personally I believe Ferdie has reached that stage in his career, where he's better with the Devil he knows than the Devil he doesn't...
It took Schuey five years to take Ferrari to the top step again, I believe, NO, I'm convinced Ferdie can do it also...
I hope he doesn't go back to M-m-m-m-m-Mc-m-m-m... the M-Team. But we'll see :|
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

badun
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Bryan Duncan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All-time favorite is Senna but I don't cheer for a particular driver or team any longer. I just want to see good races with multiple teams capable of winning!
United States of America

Post by badun »

It's easy for Ron Dennis and Alonso to say now that they've put the past behind them, but how will they act if Honda has teething problems out of the box? Will Dennis suddenly remember that he was exiled to the wilderness because Alonso didn't like the perceived favoritism of Hamilton? Will Alonso find more spies at Woking? More F1 soap operas in the making!

Terry
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chris Amon
New Zealand

Post by Terry »

Doesn't make any sense to get a driver in who is weak in setting up cars and fails consistently to get on with his team mates. McLaren need two reasonably experienced drivers that can work together as a team to advance their collective cause. Assuming Button gets the push, a rookie and a racer sounds like a recipe for disaster.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

I love a good rumour. Just can't see Alonso back at Mclaren. If he was going to drive a sure fire winner then maybe it could work but have Mclaren got back in their stride and can Honda come straight in and win. I don't see it myself. Alonso and Button would make a nice team tho.

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

daniel wrote:Would be great to see Alonso in a good car....I like his racing, he's such a tough dog :-)
I would like to have a look in your glass bowl....... a good car...... you now it already for 2015?
the way i see it... there are ups and downs... sometimes 1 of the top team is good, then a couple of years.....
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.