Did Sebastian Vettel Just Sign A 3 Year Deal With Ferrari?

Got a rumor???

Topic author
MoFo
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Did Sebastian Vettel Just Sign A 3 Year Deal With Ferrari?

Post by MoFo »

Je ne regrette rien.

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: Did Sebastian Vettel Just Sign A 3 Year Deal With Ferrar

Post by Bigasshammm »

Why would he? These rumors are more annoying than anything. Why would he want to leave RB i.e. Adrian Newey to go to Ferrari who clearly struggles year to year? I don't care if it is "Ferrari" in today's F1 it's the designers who are the big focus and AN is clearly the top of them all.

If he would go to Ferrari and this rumor turn out to be true the next "rumor" you would hear would be Hamilton to RB. I would love to see Hamilton in an AN car.

jaymtford
Midfield
Midfield

Post by jaymtford »

Bigasshammm wrote:Why would he want to leave RB i.e. Adrian Newey
As long as we are spreading wild rumors, what if Newey was going with Vettel to Ferrari :shock:

Bigasshammm
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by Bigasshammm »

jaymtford wrote:
Bigasshammm wrote:Why would he want to leave RB i.e. Adrian Newey
As long as we are spreading wild rumors, what if Newey was going with Vettel to Ferrari :shock:

I'd probably stop watching F1.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Ha, I love rumours. I remember back in 1992 when Motoring News ran the headline 'Senna and Barnard to Ferrari' as if it was fact and I certainly don't remember Senna ever making it to Maranello. Journalists do have a way of getting over excited. Always interesting to look back on years after and think about the 'what ifs'.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Yes: I do watch the "rumour factory" froma privileged point of view.
Let's see: regardless what Motoring news blew 20 years ago (which proves that the chance of mixing it up has been always there ;-) BTW nice one!) it's obvious that today with all the internet there, the chance of copypasting and progressively magnifying every silly rumour has reached unexpected peaks.

As I said, I see it from a privileged POV, and I'll tell why. Spain has been some eight years now, under the "Alonso" effect. That means that media are busy keeping a 50 million people country's attention focused on the only point of interest (Alonso!) that these media, used to football and more football, find in F1. That means that ALL F1 turns round the Asturian, though you might not notice ;-)

Meanwhile, these journalists didn't find a minute to learn a bit about F1 and we have, probably, the worst coverage you may find. So, bad journalists spend their time creating the weirdest rumours as where Alonso will go and who'll replace the (always very bad) Fernando's team mate.

So it's been fun to see that ninsense that starterd as one journalist filling his column, is repeatedly quoted and requoted, and you end up watching a usually serious (maybe no longer) media quoting something that you think "If they usually read waht this guy usually writes..."

Same thing for the European GP. You should see the leven of local ignorance about the fact: bot from people who are suposedly close to the fact and cover it, and from the people managing that thing that are, above all, just waiting what bernie decides.

So, I believe Ferrari can't afford sacking Massa or even Domenicalli: imagine all the jobs that would be lost when some could no longer write about who's gonna replace them!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously, not all the silly rumours come from Spain (some do and it's fun to see how they go taking shape) .

I don't see Vettel switching to Ferrari as early as 2014 (let alone 2013), I don't think he'll go there " a la Scumacher" with just 2 titles.
But I wouldn't rule out either that Newey would go there. If he dod, and make them win, he'd reach the unbeatable record of 4 teams winning with him as TD.

But back to reality, the fact that Domenicali says that FA and SV could coexist is nothing strange. What else should he say? and IIRC, he was asked about that, right?
regards
JB