Got a rumor???

Topic author
tifosidude28
Formula e
Formula e

YESSSS LEGARD OUT!

Post by tifosidude28 »

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/65873 ... rd-At-BBC-

This is great news for Brits, and, through the magic of file sharing, me. Legard was as out-of-it as Murray Walker, but at least Walker had loads of charm and understood what he was talking about some of the time. DC is not as good as Brundle, I think, but I'll be happy to hear two fairly recent F1 drivers talk about the sport.

Robban
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: YESSSS LEGARD OUT!

Post by Robban »

Very nice news.. always watch the BBC f1 coverage. The swedish one on Viasat is crap!

alexpayne
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by alexpayne »

Thank goodness for that!

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Oh yes!!! Mr I know naff all about F1, is no more, has deceased ( from my Telly ), will we miss him, yeah!!! like a bullet hole in the head... Goodbye and good riddance... Watch out Eddie you could be next mate...
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

AntPhillips
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by AntPhillips »

I don't know why the BBC doesn't use the 5 Live guys with added input from Brundle & DC, Crofty & Davidson work well together, I've watched a lot of F1 on the Beeb's Red Button service and whether it's because it's a radio commentary find it much more interesting.
Happy modelling
Ant

'Travelling at the speed of dark since 1965'

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Am i the only one who actually didn't mind Legard? OK, he made the odd gaffe but it's a fast moving sport and over a season it's bound to happen. Dissapointed to hear MB has had a hand in ousting him and as for DC as co commentator surely one ex-driver is enough. Always thought that the role of the ex driver was to fill in the detail and the main commentator provided the broader picture. I really like DC as a pundit though, think he fitted in very well alongside Humphrey and 'The Other One'. BBC should have looked outside the sport for a new guy.

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

Didn't really missed him that much. I thought Tony Jardine and Murray Walker were much better due to experience. In Canada, we have an option of switching to Speed when the Legard acted like an idiot, or I can simply mute his voice. TSN has all races commercial free (smaller pictures during commercials) similar to the World Cup. With split screening, I usually checked both channels simultaneously without changing the channels back and forth.

Brundle and Coulthard are good colour commentators, and I like Steve Matchett for technical insights. Especially the "RPM - Racing Per Matchett" segments, fascinating!
Canice