Sepang 2007

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of real world F1 cars.

Topic author
eejay13
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Sepang 2007

Post by eejay13 »

Image Image

Topic author
eejay13
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by eejay13 »

Image Image

ImageImage

[Top-left] Notice the 'Red Dot' on Renault's tyre wall.
[Top-right] What's David doing?
[Bottom-left] Jensen's not shaving till he gets a podium.
[Bottom-right] Crowd's favourite.

Topic author
eejay13
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by eejay13 »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

[From Top]
1) The crowd. (2) The carpark I wished to get into.
3) The Big Macs' garage. (4) The 'King'.
5) You can't teach a new boy old tricks. (6) Surely Kimi can't win in that Ferrari?
7) Tried my best to get a good shot. [8] I like to build one of these.

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

So, how much did the Grandstand seat costs? Did you have any luck with taking pictures or autographs with drivers over the weekend? Were there lots of people during the race? The stands looked pretty empty during qualifying on TV.

Canice
Canice

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Great photos :!: Someday I'll go to one of these races...someday :(

wilchan
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Will C
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mika Hakkinen, Jacque Villeneuve
United States of America

Post by wilchan »

Great pic!!!! I hope I will go to either Shanghai or Sepang to watch F1 live someday too :)

-- william
Visit my personal page: http://www.wilchan.com :)

http://www.wilchan.com/j199/img_icon_1.jpghttp://www.wilchan.com/f2001/img_icon1.jpghttp://www.wilchan.com/m193/img_icon1.jpghttp://www.wilchan.com/r1/img_icon1.jpghttp://www.wilchan.com/f310b/img_icon1.jpghttp://wilchan.com/lotus_102/img_icon1a.jpg

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Post by AJP01 »

I look at that Honda livery and it makes me wonder; How hard is that for the team to paint every car so that all the noses / monocoques / engine covers all match up perfectly? I'm beginning to think it must be precision-printed and applied decal film instead of airbrushed paint. I saw that some cars in the German Touring Car championship are using decal film instead of paint now - this could be some of the same technology.

From this photo angle I actually sort of like that paint job on the Honda. Something must be wrong with me... :o)

AJP

Topic author
eejay13
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by eejay13 »

Seiiki wrote:So, how much did the Grandstand seat costs? Did you have any luck with taking pictures or autographs with drivers over the weekend? Were there lots of people during the race? The stands looked pretty empty during qualifying on TV.

Canice
It's made of some kind of plastics, I don't know how much they cost. :lol: [kidding!]
I paid RM665 (5% off early booking), that's about USD200/=. That's excluding transport, lodging, food, souvenir....etc. Easily RM2,000 spending per person. Just once a year, so I guess it's all worth it.

hmmm...no luck with any of the drivers, I can't even get near the paddock. Maybe I'll volunteer to help out IF F1 ever come to Singapore, that could be my best chance. 8)

According to reports, only 40,000 came to the qualifying. Half Caucasians, the rest Asians. 114,000 attended the race. Great atmosphere, abeit the scorching heat. It's loud, simply LOUD!!

Topic author
eejay13
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by eejay13 »

AJP01 wrote:I look at that Honda livery and it makes me wonder; How hard is that for the team to paint every car so that all the noses / monocoques / engine covers all match up perfectly? I'm beginning to think it must be precision-printed and applied decal film instead of airbrushed paint. I saw that some cars in the German Touring Car championship are using decal film instead of paint now - this could be some of the same technology.

From this photo angle I actually sort of like that paint job on the Honda. Something must be wrong with me... :o)

AJP
I guess it's an artist's job rather than a painter's.

Just wondering where are the sponsors. Hey, the righteous health-conscious-critics-businesses should pour in some money into the sport, right?

Seiiki
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fangio
Canada

Post by Seiiki »

I paid RM665 (5% off early booking), that's about USD200/=. That's excluding transport, lodging, food, souvenir....etc. Easily RM2,000 spending per person. Just once a year, so I guess it's all worth it.

hmmm...no luck with any of the drivers, I can't even get near the paddock. Maybe I'll volunteer to help out IF F1 ever come to Singapore, that could be my best chance.

According to reports, only 40,000 came to the qualifying. Half Caucasians, the rest Asians. 114,000 attended the race. Great atmosphere, abeit the scorching heat. It's loud, simply LOUD!!
When I was there back in 2000, I caught a last minute package deal for about $200 US in S'pore. It's for transportation, two nights hotel accomodation (nothing to brag about the Mint Hotel, at least they have breakfast buffets) and seat at the first hairpin grandstand. I spend a lot more on souvenirs. Thank goodness that I was able to tour Petronas Towers on practise Friday, taking some Sauber pictures and then loaded up some cheap groceries before the race. With 35C heat in October, I drank my 2 jugs of juice (that's 4 litres folks) before the race have even started! I am in no mood at all buying burgers or beer to keep me dehydrated.

Luckily, I did taken pictures with Button (he was a rookie brat and nothing changed). The Arrows team, Jos the Boss and Pedro, on the other hand, were such gentlemen, they signed for everyone. The display cars were fine, Sauber, Arrows cars were a year old. Williams was the current 2000 but Mclaren took out the old 1997 racer as display.

The Paddock Club tickets back then was $4,000 US back then so nothing really changed. Good price you pay for the seat though.

Canice
Canice