AMAZING "natural state" Ferrari 87/88

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of real world F1 cars.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

AMAZING "natural state" Ferrari 87/88

Post by JamesB »

Hey guys, watch this:

https://bhauction.com/en/result/tokyo-t ... rrari-f187

for the stateb of the Marling stickers, the sidepod protecting tape and the tyres, the car looks like taken "as is" after a race and kept freezed like that. I mean apparently 100% restoring free stuff.
Jsut wow!

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Re: AMAZING "natural state" Ferrari 87/88

Post by Corpsegrinder »

The side Agip logo has been replaced though with a never-seen before sticker. Also the display on the dashboard very likely has been changed, on the only photo I found it has small white numbers indicating rpm and seems much smaller than the one on auction.
87gbr16.jpg
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Well, maybe I over-enthousiasted on the condition of the car :lol:
But nope, the Agip are not "never-seen", look carefully: they are the regular 1988 stickers where the white has tremendously yellowed, as happens on the Marlins... :wink:

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

Hi James,
I trust you on the Agip yellowing even though other logos with white color are still white!
I know I am overzealous on this (always am when I see recently taken photos of older cars) but in France 1987 the two Ferraris did not race with that type of Agip logo, they used the longer all yellow one.
French gp 1987.jpg
So I can't help but think that this car went through some kind of restoration, being Japanese he might have asked S27 the right decal :lol:
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Corpsegrinder wrote:Hi James,
I trust you on the Agip yellowing even though other logos with white color are still white!
I know I am overzealous on this (always am when I see recently taken photos of older cars) but in France 1987 the two Ferraris did not race with that type of Agip logo, they used the longer all yellow one.
French gp 1987.jpg
So I can't help but think that this car went through some kind of restoration, being Japanese he might have asked S27 the right decal :lol:
Yes, this much is true! Buuuut.... the car is already in 1988 specs, both regarding turbo inlets and livery. But this was already used in late GGPP of 1987 (Japan for instance). So even if the car raced at rounds 6-7-8 as they say, it might have been the T car (most probably, that was what they did with recently used cars, usually) at some of the 1987 where this specs were used. :wink:
Or yes, maybe was a show car 30 years ago... :D
I'll see when they switched to this things...

Portugal 87:

Suzuka 87:

So Japan it was... just checked on Atosport. Jerez, Spain was the first Could not check chassis numbers though...

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

You guys are teasing me but that car looks like a 1/12 scale model, perhaps 1/20 scale as some of you guys are awesome modelers and detailers.

Which one of you built this model, very nice indeed!