2021 F1 looks (yikes!)

Area to upload images, movies, etc. of real world F1 cars.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Re: 2021 F1 looks (yikes!)

Post by stubeck »

Tiffoc wrote:I make no apologies for MY opinion...
Why would you? We are having a discussion, I never said you were wrong, nor asked you to apologize for stating your opinion.

BigF1fan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by BigF1fan »

I'm glad to see all the crazy winglets,spliters and crazy appendages go away. Say what you will about the current Indycar design, the racing is more exciting to watch. More about driver skill and chassis setup. By the end of the 2019 season, there were 4 drivers in the hunt for the championship. Unlike the Mercedes/Hamilton train. But thats just my opinion.

cbk57
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Scott Huber
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, Lewis Hamilton
United States of America

Post by cbk57 »

I think this is the best looking scheme we have seen in F-1 in years. The concept is simple and attractive without all the barge boards and winglets we currently or have had stitching off the car. The front end does not have the drooping thing hanging off the front that some cars have. to me this is an all around improvement. Indycar has had some sort of ground effect for a long time and it has worked. F-1 has stubbornly stuck with an idea that no one should do anything under the car and so we have had years of racing with little chance of passing. I am happy with the current formula but maybe this will be even better. I do hope they leave room for the cars to show some differences but really now, if you painted all the cars on the grid carbon black I don’t think I could tell one from another.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I like hte new design only a little bit, surely they look better than actual cars, but some things i do not like. Diffusor is now looking like Back is front, not my cup of tea, wheels like Touring cars??? Well, absolutely not my stuff! The rear wing is looking strange, not my cup of tea too. The overall shape is nice, but looking like Indycars from 3 years ago, not realy representing the highest level of actual developement.
Next sad point would be that there is only a diffenrence in paintings, not the generell shape itself, this would make a model cabinet boring in my view. Next is about licences for modelmakers, one bodyshape for all cars, does it mean an extra licence from the FIA for this? Would make models more expensive finaly. Good point is conversions, only decaljob to be done! :lol:
Finaly i think F1 will loose its face like indycar did in the past, there is not much left from the roots that makes this sport so great for decades and that will bring F1 down once. The american thinking coming from the investors is the biggest problem to this sport, i hope they will realize this early enough.
Take a stand!

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

Those 18” rims are a bummer. I’ll miss the rubber sidewalls of the 13” rims. To me with the new tires and the halo might as well slap fenders on the thing and call it a day. Or more accurately call it a prototype LeMans car.

At least the proboscis is gone from the front.