JS11/15 at 1/12 How come no one did before? Now with POLL!!!

About making you own...

WHAT's YOUR FAVORITE LIGIER JS11 LOOK?

-The good old Tamiya look, naked DFV, flat sidepods, Bugatti style fuel cell cover, chrome rims, bulky nose...
20%
-The early 1980 style, Pironi Zolder win. Flatter nose, slanted sidepods, discrete flip ups, still Bugatti cover, covered DFV, Black 13 inch whees.
34%
-The badass looking late 1980 car. Smoothened low fuel cell cover, huge rear wheel flip ups, chrome 15 inch front rims...
46%

Total votes: 56

GF-F1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ligier
France

Re: JS11/15 at 1/12 How come no one did before? Now with POLL!!!

Post by GF-F1 »

Hello James,

It looks really nice Bravo !

Cheers

Franck
www.gf-models.eu

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Merci et cocoricooo! :D Franck!! a car that deserves attention, I think!! :wink:

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Hi all, I´ll be posting some new things here this afternoon.
Please meanwhile if you mates can confirm, please, that you see all images well...
And if someone has a GOOD picture of the rear wing support at Zolder, I´ll be grateful.
I reckon it´s an stylized version of ´79 version, but still I don´t grasp it to full extent.
I´ll be building the Pironi winning car with the parts I showed :wink:

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

JamesB wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:44 am Hi all, I´ll be posting some new things here this afternoon.
Please meanwhile if you mates can confirm, please, that you see all images well...
And if someone has a GOOD picture of the rear wing support at Zolder, I´ll be grateful.
I reckon it´s an stylized version of ´79 version, but still I don´t grasp it to full extent.
I´ll be building the Pironi winning car with the parts I showed :wink:
Looking forward to it.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

SBEST wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am
JamesB wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:44 am I´ll be building the Pironi winning car with the parts I showed :wink:
Looking forward to it.
Here we go mate! :mrgreen:

OK; let´s get started. First I put apart te parts I was going to need...
Chose between these two chassis...

And sidepods... in the end I opted for a built one I got from someone at f1m. Thanks! :wink:

I rebuilt the chassis... it´s not a good fit, so I used tape and liquid glue, it worked well. Also had to replace one of front rocker supports...
Now on to rear train. I´ll save you some steps.

Since the idea is to show how the car may look with the parts of the transkit and minimal work, I kept the rear suspension from 1979 version even if it´s not accurate for ´80 car. After all it won´t be visible with rear cover on

I did use the resin uprights, better shaped and necessary for the 13 inch wheels. Also thought of replacing the axles, buy even if they fall a bit short that´ll be hardly appreciable...

as you see I secured the lower wishbone attachments. I understand is one of the things that may turn off one who wants to build this car. What I did seems at least robust! Probably a full part, Tamiya style would be welcome, I take note!

And how it looks with wheels in place follows:

Big doughnuts!!! :lol: OK, on with front suspension. Original rockers with rounded sanded off edges...

THinking how I´ll attach the engine :roll: OK this is gonna be a "basicly" curbside model. But one day I might want to unbuild it and improve some things. So I´d prefer a bolted on engine. Do that or not, rear bulkhead is a joke, flexes as paper. So i decided to reinforce the thing. The cheapest, strongest, easiest way for me is a wall of 1cm of resin. So I made a hole, poured 21cubic cm, and let it set in vertical position, so it sets to the rear wall.
I like the effect the weight has, BTW!

And then I kept going with the mock up. Ready to receive wheels and sidepod panels. The engine cover fits quite well. And even if I did not consider it in the beginning, I think I will be able to use the camcovers...

It´s CRUCIAL to replace the sidepod panels with new, profile accurate ones. The slanted line of the central section makes a world of a diference...

I definitely like how it looks... 8) :mrgreen:

So we´re gone that far. Hope you like it, and that I´ll get it finished soon :mrgreen:
Thanks for looking, mates!
BR
James

PS: and specially for crazy french friends, they know who, Cocoricoooooo,Kroooaaaaaak!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Wow, did not realise this was 1/12!
Looks good, reminds me I have a half finished 1979 car here somewhere!
Can you show the original sidepod panels against the new ones?
For me the pictures in your posts on 20th November and 6th of April have dead links but all the others are showing.
Dont forget the seat and cockpit inside is about 5mm too wide.....!

Malc.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

That is some impressive turd polishing!

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

indycals wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:10 pm That is some impressive turd polishing!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes?! Let’s see what comes out :wink:
Chinamalc wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:17 am Wow, did not realise this was 1/12!
:lol: :lol: Never good news when it look smaller :lol:
Chinamalc wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:17 am Looks good, reminds me I have a half finished 1979 car here somewhere!
Can you show the original sidepod panels against the new ones?
For me the pictures in your posts on 20th November and 6th of April have dead links but all the others are showing.
Dont forget the seat and cockpit inside is about 5mm too wide.....!

Malc.
:D Malc, you can use my parts to finish the car :mrgreen:
Thanks for the pics info, will try to fix.
I’ll post the requiere pic later :wink:
I don’ t understand the thing about the cockpit width :shock: please can you ellaborate a bit more? Thanks! :D

Chinamalc
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest

Post by Chinamalc »

Hi James, Start here, in the post on 23rd February and keep reading all the way to the end of the page:-
viewtopic.php?t=30832&start=30
my half finished Ligier!
Malc.

Topic author
JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Chinamalc wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:15 am Hi James, Start here, in the post on 23rd February and keep reading all the way to the end of the page:-
viewtopic.php?t=30832&start=30
my half finished Ligier!
Malc.
Oh.... my.... God!!! :shock:
Honestly, I did not remember right now, but when I saw it I remembered how amazing it was. And that I enjoyed and commented. Impressive job. Guys, don´t waste time watching this thread, it´s Malc´s the one that is worth seeing! :D
Yes that was a real exploit of craftmanship and accuracy!
Honestly I doubt I will try too much of turd polishing, as Michael says ( :lol: :lol: I had to look the exact meaning!) though I was tempted to, at least, make the small corrections to the tub.
OK, on with the sidepods...

I put it on the line of the part that is directly attached to the sidepod on the original Heller. Yes, mine is taller and longer.
I have the thing in CDR format or JPG if needed, I can send it. I olly drew it after checking with a good number of pictures and I am quite sure about its accuracy. I also have the taller format used in Long Beach, Monaco, and at France and after.
BR, thanks for watching and commenting :D
JAmes