Are 3D printing clubs the future?

About making you own...

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Re: Are 3D printing clubs the future?

Post by Icon_Modeler »

stubeck wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm It's up to Eric what to do anyway
So you really have no clue!!!

So why would you make a statement like this??
stubeck wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:09 amMore than 4 :)
Really helpful moderating going on there,,,,,, NOT!!!
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

That aside, even if we don't get a separate section for 3D printing, can we at least have one sticky somewhere? Maybe right here in scratchbuilding? That sticky (which would need to be maintained btw) should be where either the most common topics for 3D printing can be linked or they should be added into that sticky itself as a sort of guide. I'm thinking about something like a FAQ with some hints / comments / remarks.

The reason I'm asking is that with the currently ongoing discussion of setting up your printer regarding exposure times (obviously only applies to resin and not an filament printers) in another thread, the reasons why some settings work for one and not another may eventually get lost. I for one am usually making notes and saving them somewhere or bookmarking threads (with comments in the bookmarks). If you are just looking for the thread by memory, you can spend a ungodly amount of time using the search trying to locate the thread (and the post) - been there, done that - numerous times with varying degrees of success.
Cheers,
Roman

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Icon_Modeler wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:33 pm
stubeck wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm It's up to Eric what to do anyway
So you really have no clue!!!

So why would you make a statement like this??
stubeck wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:09 amMore than 4 :)
Really helpful moderating going on there,,,,,, NOT!!!
Removed because responding to anger with anger isn't beneficial to anyone. We should both tone it down in the future.
Last edited by stubeck on Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

sky1911 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:55 am That aside, even if we don't get a separate section for 3D printing, can we at least have one sticky somewhere? Maybe right here in scratchbuilding? That sticky (which would need to be maintained btw) should be where either the most common topics for 3D printing can be linked or they should be added into that sticky itself as a sort of guide. I'm thinking about something like a FAQ with some hints / comments / remarks.

The reason I'm asking is that with the currently ongoing discussion of setting up your printer regarding exposure times (obviously only applies to resin and not an filament printers) in another thread, the reasons why some settings work for one and not another may eventually get lost. I for one am usually making notes and saving them somewhere or bookmarking threads (with comments in the bookmarks). If you are just looking for the thread by memory, you can spend a ungodly amount of time using the search trying to locate the thread (and the post) - been there, done that - numerous times with varying degrees of success.
Make a thread on this and if I have the ability, I'll sticky it.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

3D printing is great for parts and in my case, I am having an entire car printed in 3D and it is well worth it. 3D printing made that project possible for me and my skill set and amount of time I have for that project. The parts are amazing and I can’t even begin to think of how much time I have saved.