Photo pop up size/resolution?

Got an idea? Post it here...

Topic author
keithwwalker
Backmarker
Backmarker

Photo pop up size/resolution?

Post by keithwwalker »

Is there a way to force the pop up windows of embedded photos to be native resolution? They are blown up to full screen size and the resolution is grainy. Awful

KWW

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Photo pop up size/resolution?

Post by gp-models »

Same Problem here, some pics are grainy in full screen size.

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

Well, that's cause people complained that they were not big enough....

Seriously folks.... II dunno what ya'll want...

E

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

f1m wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:49 am Well, that's cause people complained that they were not big enough....

Seriously folks.... II dunno what ya'll want...

E
Perfection! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

Remember guys, grainy is the fault of the photo not the website. Low resolution photos will always be low res and older cameras/phones give low res photos. If you want to complain about a photo talk to the guy who took the picture. Pet peeve of mine that people still post photos that are way out of focus or taken in bad light and expect others to "understand".

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Still know that it is not a problem of the site but the one who took the pic. All that is asked for is that the pics appear in the solution they are taken at or are uploaded here.
The good pics appear now nicely big, but check out the plastic upcoming releases, the pre view picture of the Lotus, grainy cause low solution and without poping it up you can`t see as close as nothing.
I loved the time before the change with the pop up pics came, no problems to watch pics in the first.

phicks
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: PAUL HICKS
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: like 'em all !
United States of America

Post by phicks »

Thank you Eric for the large picture size -everything I have seen looks great and the full screen size makes it easy to see more detail. Remember , you can please
some of the people sometimes and all of the people never.

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

PeteJ wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:49 am Remember guys, grainy is the fault of the photo not the website. Low resolution photos will always be low res and older cameras/phones give low res photos. If you want to complain about a photo talk to the guy who took the picture. Pet peeve of mine that people still post photos that are way out of focus or taken in bad light and expect others to "understand".
The specific issue occurring is that pictures being posted at a specific resolution are being blown up to a larger resolution than native. Its not about a picture being 3000x2000 and then are shown as huge, its that clicking a 600x400 picture makes it the size of your screen resolution.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

stubeck wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:04 pm
PeteJ wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:49 am Remember guys, grainy is the fault of the photo not the website. Low resolution photos will always be low res and older cameras/phones give low res photos. If you want to complain about a photo talk to the guy who took the picture. Pet peeve of mine that people still post photos that are way out of focus or taken in bad light and expect others to "understand".
The specific issue occurring is that pictures being posted at a specific resolution are being blown up to a larger resolution than native. Its not about a picture being 3000x2000 and then are shown as huge, its that clicking a 600x400 picture makes it the size of your screen resolution.
Yes. And the bigger the discrepancy between native resolution and screen resolution, the worse it is. It's important for images to be big, but they shouldn't be bigger than native resolution.

fatfrog
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Hong Kong

Post by fatfrog »

After reading a few of the comments above, my post on the Plastic Upcoming Release was mentioned regarding the quality of the photo I believe. Please note that the photo was highly compressed to start with and I crop to get rid of a lot of unwanted background hence the resolution was hardly up to standard. It definitely has nothing to do with the site. The photo is a very early prototyping sample, so the low resolution is done purposely to hide any areas needed for further improvements! Sorry that it opened a huge can of w...m! lol