Please note that the Forum login system is now separate from F1M.com's. If you have had issues logging into the Forums, try resetting your password at: https://forum.f1m.com/app.php/user/forgot_password

Also, you must login with your username and not your email address.

Photo pop up size/resolution?

Got an idea? Post it here...

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Photo pop up size/resolution?

Post by stubeck »

fatfrog wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 am After reading a few of the comments above, my post on the Plastic Upcoming Release was mentioned regarding the quality of the photo I believe. Please note that the photo was highly compressed to start with and I crop to get rid of a lot of unwanted background hence the resolution was hardly up to standard. It definitely has nothing to do with the site. The photo is a very early prototyping sample, so the low resolution is done purposely to hide any areas needed for further improvements! Sorry that it opened a huge can of w...m! lol

The picture being small isn't the problem, its the fact that it was being blown up to full screen size. Either way, that issue appears to be resolved now, I just clicked it and it showed up at native resolution! Thanks Eric.

PeteJ
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: Pete Johnson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by PeteJ »

Just one other piece of information for those who are not super well versed in digital photography. This site lets you upload photos up to 5 mb. That equates to about a 1500X1000 photo when I adjust photos on Photoshop. If you use something that size as a standard, then resolution on this site should not be an issue.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

fatfrog wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 am After reading a few of the comments above, my post on the Plastic Upcoming Release was mentioned regarding the quality of the photo I believe. Please note that the photo was highly compressed to start with and I crop to get rid of a lot of unwanted background hence the resolution was hardly up to standard. It definitely has nothing to do with the site. The photo is a very early prototyping sample, so the low resolution is done purposely to hide any areas needed for further improvements! Sorry that it opened a huge can of w...m! lol
The website was blowing it up to full screen size (it doesn't appear to be doing that now). That image looked awful filling up a 27" ultra-high res monitor. Now it seems to be displaying at native resolution which is small, but that is by design on your part.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Thank`s for fixing this issue E, looks way better now.

Topic author
keithwwalker
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by keithwwalker »

Thank you!