Q: Attachments in PMs?

Report problems with the F1M.com site here...

Topic author
sky1911
Team Owner
Team Owner

Q: Attachments in PMs?

Post by sky1911 »

Hi guys,

quick question - is there a possibility to add photos or files as attachments to PM other than by uploading them to a 3rd party site and posting links here?
I can't remember if that was the case before the version update of the board software, but it boggles the mind that this is not possible (or I'm too daft to realize how).

Cheers
Cheers,
Roman

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Q: Attachments in PMs?

Post by JamesB »

Use postimage.org. Yo upload the pics, copy the direct link, paste, then click the image button and you are done. [image]

Topic author
sky1911
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by sky1911 »

Hi James,

I figured something like that was needed. I've used a different provider though. Used to use imagevenue, but either I got hacked or I have disabled / deleted my account. Old pictures are still up, but I cannot login or reset my pw. so mehh.
Thanks for confirming though - means I'm not losing it. Yet. :D
Cheers,
Roman

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

To be honest, I use exactly the same system as on posts on threads :D So I don´t overload good old Eric´s server :wink:
I sometimes will write all the stuff on a text processor apart and paste it later... :mrgreen:

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

JamesB wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:59 am I sometimes will write all the stuff on a text processor apart and paste it later... :mrgreen:
i often have backup of written text when filling in form of big company that rather has no messages coming in (like ebay, paypal etc). When it is a complex matter to describe, it can take some time to give all detail, and by time i submit form session time ran out returning you an empty form. Learned this the hard way ;-)

Wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

bestbalsakits wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:24 am i often have backup of written text when filling in form of big company that rather has no messages coming in (like ebay, paypal etc). When it is a complex matter to describe, it can take some time to give all detail, and by time i submit form session time ran out returning you an empty form. Learned this the hard way ;-)

Wim
Not to speak about some automatic reloads at some sites and forms that will leave all you had done blank!! :lol: :lol:
yes you're right.... the hard way! :cry: :lol:
PS: BTW, tip at f1m. Sometimes you think you lost some valuable comment yo had written when you go unadvertedly forward... usually when you click BACK arrow, sometines yoou'll end up in the ols tab with your text intact. But Yes, the "soemwhere else, meanwhile" system is safer

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

I also could not find a better solution then uploading them to a hosting service and fill in the BB Code in pm`s, long way to go everytime!