Please note that the Forum login system is now separate from F1M.com's. If you have had issues logging into the Forums, try resetting your password at: https://forum.f1m.com/app.php/user/forgot_password

Also, you must login with your username and not your email address.

pictures gone in latest post

Report problems with the F1M.com site here...

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: pictures gone in latest post

Post by gp-models »

f1m wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:27 pm The issue with the 'full size' pics is that in many situations, they messed up the web page when viewed on a mobile device. Its a pain to fix, if its even possible, and would involve messing with them Forum template files. Which I'm really not ready to deal with yet.

E
gp-models wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:07 pm Ok, that makes sence, i liked the red marked option more cause it showed the old style of pics in full size, not the blue framed new version on which you have to click to watch pics full size.
Not possible to install the red marked version again? Much more recommended then the new look!
Understand the situation, but how many are watching from smartphones? When watching from pc or something similar and having a WIP with explanations to every pic, i find it boring and very time consuming to open and close each picture one by one to read what is explained between. With the full size pictures i`m able to read and watch the pic at the same time, much more fun to follow.
Would a poll make sence to see if there are more members watching from PC/laptop or smartphone to find out what is mostly prefered??

f1m
FIA President
FIA President
Your Name: Eric Aitala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by f1m »

You do know that on a post with multiple images you can slideshow through them?

For this post >> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23766 << see:

gp-models wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:29 am Understand the situation, but how many are watching from smartphones? When watching from pc or something similar and having a WIP with explanations to every pic, i find it boring and very time consuming to open and close each picture one by one to read what is explained between. With the full size pictures i`m able to read and watch the pic at the same time, much more fun to follow.
Would a poll make sence to see if there are more members watching from PC/laptop or smartphone to find out what is mostly prefered??

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Yes i know the slideshow function, and there is the problem burried. I can watch the pics full size, ok nice, but if there are explanations to every pic, i can`t reed them in the slideshow, allways have to close the slideshow to read was is explained.
You understand my pointing? Otherwise it would be ok, but i have to switch between the comment to the pic and opening/closing the full size pictures, and that it what makes it uncomfortable to watch. ;)
When going through a WIP with comments to the single pics, i would prefer the old style with full size pics and simply read what is written to the pic, no need to switch everytime to see the full size pic.

steveracer
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Shadow
Jamaica

Post by steveracer »

I see the click on "full size" pictures are not full size anymore either. They stay the same size, just in a click on window. Weird.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

steveracer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:12 am I see the click on "full size" pictures are not full size anymore either. They stay the same size, just in a click on window. Weird.
That seems to be at mine pics as well, but i don`t know for sure what`s going on, Doc E should release some info`s about what is going on and how the plans for future looks like, can`t see any direction right now and i find it boring that the forum seems to be walking in a "smartphone-direction" finaly, not good from my point of view.
The pics i posted like you in full size have disapeared finaly, the "new" look is on now, can`t find anything good on it as i, like many others more, allways wanted to see the full size pics like in the past possible. Does not make sence to do a WIP and spend all the time to do so when this is left over finaly.
I hope E will change the settings soon back to normal.