Jimmy
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Jimmy
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: AAR, Dan Gurney
United States of America

The "Mysterion" - A recreation

Post by Jimmy »

Back in 1965 when I was twelve years old, I built this model and entered in the Revell-Testors Model Car Contest. That model wound up winning first place in my region. When the model was returned to me, there were parts broken and to the best of my memory I think that the rear slicks decomposed. Anyway, the model didn't last. So, what you see here is a recreation of that same model, pretty much just as I built it. Since technology has caught up with me, I did take a few liberties with this edition. Instead of braided fishing line for spark plug wires, MAD distributor caps were used. They are great looking and even better I didn't have to drill those tiny holes in the cap! Aftermarket instrument gauge decals were used. Tamiya "Smoke" was used to tint the canopy. And, with all of that chrome, thank goodness for "Molotow" chrome paint for touch up work. The original kit from back in the day came with a package of "Flocking" to do the interior with. The latest version does not come with the flocking, so, I purchased some from a hobby vendor in order to do the job right.

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Re: The "Mysterion" - A recreation

Post by marlborored »

Really cool build!

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: The "Mysterion" - A recreation